• Build Stage
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

CharlieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor Workmanship

I don't know how people rate PDH houses 4 star. Our house is nearly completed. I can see a lot of defects and workmanship is poor. No communication from site superviser. From independent inspection report, nearly 100 items are required to be fixed. Garage door can'tr close properly, three batten lights over island bench in difference distance, cabinet doors not in line, weid retaining wall etc! Too many issues to mention. I really recommend to hire independent inspector to check before handover!

• +2Thumbnail
Charlie

I will send an email shortly to tellus@porterdavis.com.au

Raj Patel
Raj Patel

So far good

So far good. It could have been better knowing I’m dealing with big brand Porter Davis. Honestly my experience for Pre-site so far is being roller coaster, started very good and smooth with sales, tender, WOS and Contract. After that they took over 3 months to provide us final drawing, it was so stressful noting our final drawing came with few structure mismatches which we never agreed and signed in our contract drawing. I’m glad they all rectified promptly after escalation and we are on construction stage. I am hoping very positive outcome from going forward during our build process.

Build StagePre-Construction

Silvia PGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Honesty Is Best

Build StagePost-Construction

Hi Silvia P
We appreciate your feedback and apologise for the frustration you are experiencing. We will have someone from our customer service team reach out to you as soon as possible to discuss this matter.
Kind regards
Porter Davis

Tips for Choosing a Home Builder

Wendy Z.14 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-home-builder

Making ProductReview.com.au's home builder reviews work for you

Nathan S.14 Feb 2020
making-productreviewcomau-work-for-you

The best home builders in 2020

Nathan S.7 Nov 2019
the-best-home-builders-in-2020
Rama
RamaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It has been good experience so far (Till Contract singing.).

After careful examination of various builders floor plans I have found one with Porter Davis which is of close to my expectations. I haven't had great experience during my colour appointment but I am happy with the sales consultant [name removed] and Building coordinator [name removed]. [name removed] has been of great help in sharing the required information and providing appropriate answers for the questions which i have with out any hesitation. So far it has been good.

Rohan C.
Rohan C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great build. Poor aftercare service

Great sales staff. Great site supervisor. Great tradesman. Poor after homecare service.
Inspected a few times and were knocked back on 80% of items to be fixed. Were told to go to bunnings it wont cost much. Were told to wait for winter to come back around to find the problem with unhealthy condensatuon build up inside
the windows. Just been palmed off hoping we.dont worry about it. Not impressed. Clearly cost cutting in happening and they hope that most customers havent actually read the VBA guidelines.

Good builder and helpful

Job Number: 127191, Building Coordinators Name: [name removed], Site Supervisors Name: [name removed]. It has good experience build property with. Cost is affordable in markets. Have some issue when start project. PD help us to follow up and fixed those issue at the end. Many thanks for build our family house. It really good hand over before Xmas time. Much appreciated for Port Davis

FionaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointed on so many levels

Working through issues

Updates this review as we are working through our issues albeit slowly

Will update as we go

Administration phase is very slow at this stage hoping for better results during construction onwards

Get quotes from Home Builders servicing your area

niraj
nirajGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dream Home

Team PDPorter Davis Homes

Hi Niraj, thankyou for the review. We do apologise if you feel like you have been misinformed and for the lack of communication. The Sales Manager will contact you shortly to discuss your concerns. Kind regards Porter Davis.

Michael K.
Michael K.Victoria

London 24 -Permit Number 20182460/0- Contract Number- AX125534

• +1Thumbnail
Team PDPorter Davis Homes

A nice entry point into the housing market

ShopJock
ShopJockMelbourne

Much room for improvement

Construction End DateJune 2018

BonnyAU

Poorly coordinated job. Three months overdue to finish.

Construction End DateSept 2018

Neha
Nehaasked

Hi,
I have chosen liverpool25 plan for my new home and was still working on whether to go with ferndale facade shown on Kew 27 or kingfisher facade. The sales consultant 2 weeks back that I had talked with was not sure about the exterior colours and the bricks used and now it’s lockdown. Would please share is it white or light grey paint on the facade so I can make up my mind and be pre prepared with everything once lockdown is uplifted and waste no further time to start my build please.

Charlie

Hi Neha, I know it is very difficult to choose facade colour. Our house is Waldorf Grange with Chateau facade. We chose the safe colur used for display house. One advice I can give is to choose new home inspection company to check before handover. The report from our report shows there are more than 80 places required to be fixed. Good luck with your new house.

Meng L.
Meng L.asked
VIC, Melbourne

Hi
which kind of the floor/wall tiles used on Plaza Grange Forest Hill display home in Melbourne?

Meng L.
Meng L.asked

Hi
which kind of tiles used in your Plaza Grange display house in Forest Hill, Vic?
thanks