Listing monitored by Porter Davis Homes

• Plumbing & Waterproofing
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

PaulGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't put yourself through it!

PD were very happy to take our $2,000 deposit - that's when the problems started.

There was zero communication and we were left with no option but to cancel our build and source another builder!

The concierge team are uncontactable and when we were able to contact anyone they simply lied, all the way through to National Sales Manager level!

I wish I'd read the hundreds of genuine negative reviews on facebook groups and review sites!

Raj Patel
Raj Patel

So far good

So far good. It could have been better knowing I’m dealing with big brand Porter Davis. Honestly my experience for Pre-site so far is being roller coaster, started very good and smooth with sales, tender, WOS and Contract. After that they took over 3 months to provide us final drawing, it was so stressful noting our final drawing came with few structure mismatches which we never agreed and signed in our contract drawing. I’m glad they all rectified promptly after escalation and we are on construction stage. I am hoping very positive outcome from going forward during our build process.

Rowena
RowenaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Uncooperative upper management

Front of line sales personal were fantastic however due to a design option being unavailable for 6-8 months we now will not build with them as this is too long to wait. Upper management would not budge on bringing this forward or doing a one off custom variation. Unhappy customer

Gavin R.
Gavin R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great sales experience - but be aware of costly contracting process!

Thileepan T.
Thileepan T.Victoria

VERY DISAPPOINTED & TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Very disappointed. I would give 0 rating, appalling customer service. Lost my hard earned $2000 deposit. The sales consultant [Name Removed] spoke to me on the phone after three weeks saying that head office is happy to refund because they couldn’t prepare my contract on time and therefore I'm eligible for a refund but I have been trying to get my money back for the last 2 months. They want me to go ahead with new promotion which is $35,000 more which I didn't sign up for. When I when to ask for my money back I was treated with disrespect was told to "GET OUT " by the sales rep.
Becareful with making a deposit with this company, sales rep behaviour very rude and unacceptable. Mentally stressed with the situation.

chamee
chameeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor work place culture - drawings are not ready after 12 months

Construction End DateAugust 2021

Ashwita m.
Ashwita m.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Contract stage

Our experience with Porter Davis until world of style appointment was so good. Our Building Coordinator actions does not looks like she is interested in her job. We don’t feel that customer is treated correctly. We have to chase the BC every now and then to take update on our contract. Our developer rejected facade and we tried our best to select all the changes as early as possible to avoid delay and it’s been one month and still we haven’t got the updated plans. The things we ask for is not reflected after weeks of Waiting. So much mental stress for me and my partner. If this is the case before building not sure what will happen during the build time and post build.
People looking for building with Porter Davis highly not recommended.

Tips for Choosing a Home Builder

Wendy Z.14 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-home-builder
Making ProductReview.com.au's home builder reviews work for you

Nathan S.14 Feb 2020
making-productreviewcomau-work-for-you
The Home Builder Awards For 2020

Nathan S.7 Nov 2019
the-best-home-builders-in-2020

Worst experience i've ever felt building with PD !

Avoid PD. $20k to cancel the contract

xena
xenaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad communication from staff since Day 1.

I want to raise an issue to Porter Davis regarding some of their staff members that are not committed to their job. We have been in constant email but it has been a months since we gave our deposit to build that no one bothered to care and respond to us. Building coordinator is terrible. We are very keen to discuss this matter further privately and urgently needing a resolution as our land title is now ready.

Porter Davis - where is your work professionalism?

Hi Xena,
We are sorry to see this review and we apologise for the frustration you are experiencing. We will have someone from our customer service team reach out to you as soon as possible to discuss this matter.
Kind regards
Porter Davis

Hi Xena,
Could you kindly email your build details to 'tellus@porterdavis.com.au' or alternatively please call Denise on 1300 799 105 so we can assist you.
Kind regards
Porter Davis.

Rama
RamaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It has been good experience so far (Till Contract singing.).

After careful examination of various builders floor plans I have found one with Porter Davis which is of close to my expectations. I haven't had great experience during my colour appointment but I am happy with the sales consultant [name removed] and Building coordinator [name removed]. [name removed] has been of great help in sharing the required information and providing appropriate answers for the questions which i have with out any hesitation. So far it has been good.

Rathdowne

Porter Davis suggest wrong floor plan and pinch my money

Good builder and helpful

Job Number: 127191, Building Coordinators Name: [name removed], Site Supervisors Name: [name removed]. It has good experience build property with. Cost is affordable in markets. Have some issue when start project. PD help us to follow up and fixed those issue at the end. Many thanks for build our family house. It really good hand over before Xmas time. Much appreciated for Port Davis

Structural Integrity
Plumbing & Waterproofing
Electrical & Lighting
Flooring
Construction End DateAugust 2019

Prageeth R
Prageeth R

Big Dreams coming crashing down....!!!

Team PDPorter Davis Homes

Worst building experience we've gone through (and we haven't even started construction!)

Lewis L.
Lewis L.

Thank you. Yes she and I spoke on the phone this morning. It was a positive conversation and I am looking forward to hearing back from her.

Anthony M.
Anthony M.asked

Hi,
I am currently building the wardolf grange 44 and would like to create the kitchen as per your display home in Tullamore NSW wardolf grange 49. We want the dark grain cubboards under stone bench with no handles and cubboards at back of bench.
Do you know if this type cubboard is standard or upgrade?
Also how much will it cost add cubboards on back stone Island as per display

Gaurav and dimple
Gaurav and dimpleasked

Hi there
Can you please give as displayed price of Waldorf Altona
Tullamore and Altona please

Neha
Nehaasked

Hi,
I have chosen liverpool25 plan for my new home and was still working on whether to go with ferndale facade shown on Kew 27 or kingfisher facade. The sales consultant 2 weeks back that I had talked with was not sure about the exterior colours and the bricks used and now it’s lockdown. Would please share is it white or light grey paint on the facade so I can make up my mind and be pre prepared with everything once lockdown is uplifted and waste no further time to start my build please.

Charlie
Charlie

Hi Neha, I know it is very difficult to choose facade colour. Our house is Waldorf Grange with Chateau facade. We chose the safe colur used for display house. One advice I can give is to choose new home inspection company to check before handover. The report from our report shows there are more than 80 places required to be fixed. Good luck with your new house.

Get an answer from our members and Porter Davis Homes representatives