Listing monitored by Porter Davis Homes

• Plumbing & Waterproofing
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

PaulGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't put yourself through it!

PD were very happy to take our $2,000 deposit - that's when the problems started.

There was zero communication and we were left with no option but to cancel our build and source another builder!

The concierge team are uncontactable and when we were able to contact anyone they simply lied, all the way through to National Sales Manager level!

I wish I'd read the hundreds of genuine negative reviews on facebook groups and review sites!

Manasa
ManasaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Building our first home with PD and had Great Experience

We are very excited to commence our first new home with Porter Davis. We are grateful to have Porter Davis Building Coordinator and Customer Service, Manager to help and assist with getting all developer/building permit approval and last-minute Post Contrat Variations.

We would like to thank Porter Davis for assigning us knowledgeable consultants and overall we had a great experience.

Raj Patel
Raj Patel

So far good

So far good. It could have been better knowing I’m dealing with big brand Porter Davis. Honestly my experience for Pre-site so far is being roller coaster, started very good and smooth with sales, tender, WOS and Contract. After that they took over 3 months to provide us final drawing, it was so stressful noting our final drawing came with few structure mismatches which we never agreed and signed in our contract drawing. I’m glad they all rectified promptly after escalation and we are on construction stage. I am hoping very positive outcome from going forward during our build process.

DRKP
DRKPGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good experience for first home build

Pre-site stage of the build was good. Our Building Coordinator was knowledgeable and was able to fix issues that we encountered during the sales stage and the design stage (world of style). We could tell that our coordinator had a large volume of work which made communication slow at times.

Construction End DateOctober 2021

Thileepan T.
Thileepan T.Victoria

VERY DISAPPOINTED & TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Very disappointed. I would give 0 rating, appalling customer service. Lost my hard earned $2000 deposit. The sales consultant [Name Removed] spoke to me on the phone after three weeks saying that head office is happy to refund because they couldn’t prepare my contract on time and therefore I'm eligible for a refund but I have been trying to get my money back for the last 2 months. They want me to go ahead with new promotion which is $35,000 more which I didn't sign up for. When I when to ask for my money back I was treated with disrespect was told to "GET OUT " by the sales rep.
Becareful with making a deposit with this company, sales rep behaviour very rude and unacceptable. Mentally stressed with the situation.

DJL

Construction End DateAugust 2021

Tips for Choosing a Home Builder

Wendy Z.14 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-home-builder
Making ProductReview.com.au's home builder reviews work for you

Nathan S.14 Feb 2020
making-productreviewcomau-work-for-you
The Home Builder Awards For 2020

Nathan S.7 Nov 2019
the-best-home-builders-in-2020
Ashwita m.
Ashwita m.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Contract stage

Our experience with Porter Davis until world of style appointment was so good. Our Building Coordinator actions does not looks like she is interested in her job. We don’t feel that customer is treated correctly. We have to chase the BC every now and then to take update on our contract. Our developer rejected facade and we tried our best to select all the changes as early as possible to avoid delay and it’s been one month and still we haven’t got the updated plans. The things we ask for is not reflected after weeks of Waiting. So much mental stress for me and my partner. If this is the case before building not sure what will happen during the build time and post build.
People looking for building with Porter Davis highly not recommended.

Other Home Builders

Worst experience i've ever felt building with PD !

Avoid PD. $20k to cancel the contract

Fahad
FahadGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pre Site Experience

We are happy overall with sales and pre site experience, [name removed] our building coordinator made sure to keep us abreast of proceedings, post contract changes and with our questions and guidance required. She was timely during our loan approval process, design approvals, docs required for private inspections and did the best with patience under tight timelines and at times challenging circumstances.

Our site has now started and [name removed] continues to be helpful in any queries and any requirements. We wish her all the best!

Rasdeep r.
Rasdeep r.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So far so good

Porter Davis has the best floor plan, Construction is starting soon. Color selection stage was hard due to time constraint but it all got settled with the help of BC. Got Fisher & Paykel appliances, Boutique doors/windows and Color bond roof as inclusion along with many other. PD is a big firm so they should have some kind of virtual tool to show how the House looks like after doing all the selections especially Kitchen and cabinets. Had to send lots of email to make one correction. Overall i am happy with the PD so far. Hope the future journey to be a smooth..Looking forward to the first stage(slab) of building. Fingers Crossed !!

Hi Rasdeep r,
Thank you for your great review. We are thrilled to hear how satisfied you are with the customer service you have received so far! We wish you all the best with the rest of your building journey.
Regards, Porter Davis

Mark Brown
Mark BrownGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So far so good. Supportive team and Building Coordinator.

We are just entering the construction phase with Porter Davis and are excited for our new home to start being built this week.

After purchasing the property in late 2018, we experienced long delays due to our land settlement. Although the delays caused a lot of stress and uncertainty the Porter Davis Building Coordinators have supported us through the entire process, answering all of our questions and helping resolve any issues we have had.

One of the main reasons for building with Porter Davis was due to their reputation for customer service and quality of their building. So far so good with the customer service and we now look forward to the finished build and getting our new home.

xena
xenaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad communication from staff since Day 1.

I want to raise an issue to Porter Davis regarding some of their staff members that are not committed to their job. We have been in constant email but it has been a months since we gave our deposit to build that no one bothered to care and respond to us. Building coordinator is terrible. We are very keen to discuss this matter further privately and urgently needing a resolution as our land title is now ready.

Porter Davis - where is your work professionalism?

Hi Xena,
We are sorry to see this review and we apologise for the frustration you are experiencing. We will have someone from our customer service team reach out to you as soon as possible to discuss this matter.
Kind regards
Porter Davis

Hi Xena,
Could you kindly email your build details to 'tellus@porterdavis.com.au' or alternatively please call Denise on 1300 799 105 so we can assist you.
Kind regards