Porter Davis Homes

Porter Davis Homes (page 2 of 4)

VIC, Melbourne, QLD, Brisbane

• Plumbing & Waterproofing
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

SanaMelbourne

Problems and more Problems but finally all fixed.

Construction End DateOct 2016
B.M
B.MAU

Efficient team! Looking forward to moving in

Construction End DateMay 2017

Other Home Builders

Tell us how we did!!! - This is how you did it!!!

Construction End DateFeb 2017

Find out how Porter Davis Homes compares to other Home Builders

Great house but painful process to get there.

Construction End DateAug 2016

Paul
PaulCraigieburn

Building experience with Porter Davis

Construction End DateMay 2016

Tips for Choosing a Home Builder

Wendy Z.14 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-home-builder

Making ProductReview.com.au's home builder reviews work for you

Nathan S.14 Feb 2020
making-productreviewcomau-work-for-you

The best home builders in 2020

Nathan S.7 Nov 2019
the-best-home-builders-in-2020
Des
DesMelbourne

Almost there...seven months after handover!

Construction End DateJuly 2016
Pat
PatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible sales/planning experience but great build process

Construction End DateFeb 2017

Very average build quality

We can find faults with almost the whole house. Things we pointed out in the inspections where not put right or not done very well. The house is ok but when i buy something new I would expect it to be like that. Our house could have been lived in for 12 months by the looks of it. Trying to organise the trades people to come back has been a nightmare. A&L windows in particular are a complete joke. Its put me off building a new home in the future. It would be far less stress to buy an established build.
Im sure we're going to be battling this one out for many months.

Construction End DateNov 2016

Billy Choi
Billy ChoiCraigieburn

Very good

Job Number: 119101
Building coordinator: [name removed]
Site Supervisor: [name removed]
I am very happy with the quality and workmanship. The project was well managed by the site supervisor. Only towards the end, there were cracks on the ceiling due to the electrician work and it is not the fault of PD. In addition, Customer service is also very good.

However, the setup of the powerpoint is not reasonable and poor design of the shower base.

Construction End DateNov 2016

JLRRockbank

Love the house shame about the quality

Construction End DateJuly 2016
JLR

We have had them reviewed under our 3 month warranty and they were recorded as issues... but we have been fobbed off by the supplier with emails

Hi JLR,
Can you please contact new home care via email NewHomeCare@porterdavis.com.au and provide your build details so we can assist you further with having these outstanding items rectified.
Regards, Porter Davis

Pathirana
PathiranaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Really disappointing New Home care team

Construction End DateJan 2016

Customer Service gets worse as you continue building with Porter Davis

Construction End DateJuly 2017
Jeff_L

Hi, I've emailed you our issues here. Would be good if you can follow up, thanks.

Hi Jeff L,
Confirming we have received your email.
We will be in touch with you to discuss your concerns shortly.
Thanks and regards, Porter Davis

Jessica R.Craigieburn

On the fence

Jessica R.

Hi Eleanor. I sent an email yesterday morning addressed to yourself and have not received a response as of yet. Can you please follow up?

JeffAltona

Be Careful Be Very Careful!!

Team PDPorter Davis Homes

Hi Jeff, I would like to make contact with you, however, unfortunately I am unable to identify your build and contact details, can you please email your build address to tellus@porterdavis.com.au and I will call you. Regards, Joanne.

Other Home Builders

Amazing houses, Terrible customer service and communication.

My name is Daniel and we built our new family home with Porter Davis. 99% of the workmanship and build quality of our house was great. It was a fantastic journey in the beginning and our build was managed well in most cases.
As for customer service and support, I can honestly say that I have never been more disappointed with the services, or should I say lack there of.
The beautiful homes that Porter Davis build are the reason we chose them in the first place.
The lack of customer care and services are the reason we will never build with them again.

Find out how Porter Davis Homes compares to other Home Builders

Not a very good experience, specially with the customer service

Gael
Gael

Overall Is Good But Lack Communications

Team PDPorter Davis Homes

They are very quick in building

The building quality is very good ,customer service is good until you start building.they built quality homes.porter davis company is good but it all depends on the supervisor you have.if your supervisor is lazy and doesnot answer your calls ,then it becomes very hard.But the workers who are coming to build are all professionals and they know their job well.

Building Coordinators Were A Pleasure To Deal With

My experience has been one of ups and downs. The highlight has been communicating with my Building Coordinator through the final few months of my house completion. She has been polite and thorough with all her information and if not for her this would have been a tiresome experience. I recommend her highly to anyone.
Without focusing too much on the negatives I believe our Supervisor could have been more professional and quality of work presented could have been better, reconciling these errors has been testing but in the end a reasonable outcome was achieved.

JamesMelbourne

Mixed Experience So Far

Our experience through the sales and design phase was quite good, our Sales Consultant [name removed] was (and still is) very helpful. Unfortunately now that we have moved to the construction phase, things are not so good. We're now nearly 3 months after scheduled start date and haven't yet made a start. We are now scheduled to start this week, hopefully no more delays...

SamW
SamWMelbourne

Overall OK. Never ending wait to rectify defects

Not happy jan

Feel as if I do not exist , no communication during build and nothing after, they have my money and that is all they require, bunnings quality at top dollar, still waiting to have carpets cleaned and dried after toilet blocked 5 weeks ago will not speak kindly about them, the expansion gaps around sliding doors and windows are showing, have been told they can be corrected at my expense, that is a very ugly finish.

Fatema
FatemaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

House finally finished - 7 months from excavation to hand over!!

Team PDPorter Davis Homes

Not quality or customer focused

The customer service pre-sale was fantastic. The final quality is not as promised by Porter Davis. the building coordinator and site supervisor where unavailable, waiting weeks for call backs, despite their 24 hour call back policy on their website. Their website also says weekly updates. We didn't hear from them for months at a time unless it was their accounts team. The plaster and paint work was not quality work. The included landscape didn't have any weed protection so upon moving in there was already weeds throughout. Our kitchen cabinet doors are scratched and marked throughout. None of the kitchen or bathroom kitchen doors are lined up evenly. They promised quality and customer focus and didn't deliver either.

Luis
LuisMelbourne

Not bad for a first home

Our experience with Porter Davis is ok for our first home. In general terms we are happy with the final product, but definitely I think there are a lot of things that can be improved. During construction, the builder did some omissions which ended in a delayed completion date, including installed the wrong colors for kitchen and floor, omissions on the electrical, installing the wrong landscape and the wrong appliances. At the end everything was fixed and complete but it was a little bit frustrating. We have been living so far 1 month in our new place an the quality is fine and we are enjoying our new place.