Porter Davis Homes

Porter Davis Homes (page 3 of 4)

VIC, Melbourne, QLD, Brisbane

• Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

hungfookgg
hungfookggMelbourne

Finally got there!! Nice home but took longer than expected

New but incomplete

I have built 2 home with Porter Davis over the last 18 months. The first home we built was in the Access range and I could not believe how trouble free it was, which in turn helped in our decision to build again. The second experience was totally different in all aspects, from choosing colors through to completion. The communication was almost nonexistent, the only time I heard from anyone was me chasing them for answers. We did have a turn around when another site supervisor was allocated and the pace picked up. We have now been in our house for around 4 weeks and we still do not have toilet roll holders shower rail a toilet that does not flush. We have items that need repair that were pointed out at least six weeks ago.

MM
MMmelbourne

workmanship has not reached expectation

Difficulties after moving in

Hi Christian,
Just to confirm that I have received your contact and build details and we are looking into this for you. We will be in touch with you ASAP.
Regards, Joanne,

Christian
Christian

ParkyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Design, Poor attention to detail.

Tips for Choosing a Home Builder

Wendy Z.14 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-home-builder

Making ProductReview.com.au's home builder reviews work for you

Nathan S.14 Feb 2020
making-productreviewcomau-work-for-you

The best home builders in 2020

Nathan S.7 Nov 2019
the-best-home-builders-in-2020
KD3883
KD3883Melbourne

Love our new home, but be on the ball during the entire process.

Once bitten, never again

Annoyed
Annoyed

Joanne - what will this achieve? If you provide a direct contact detail it would carry more weight.

Team PDPorter Davis Homes

Hi Annoyed, the 1300 799 105 line reaches me directly, or alternatively by identifying your job details I can contact you directly. I look forward to speaking with you. Regards, Joanne.

Le
LeBox Hill North

Building a dual oc

We are going through the first stages of building a duplex at the moment and now leading up to the fixed price contract stage, we have found communication very slow with our building coordinator.

We were sold by the floor plans and great sales experience at the start. Although we had some set backs due to health reasons, at the start everything went very smoothly, from getting the preliminary report to selecting the colours/fittings in order to signing off at the tender stage. However, communication has not been great since and it is very hard to get hold of our building coordinator to get an idea of when our start date will be, when we need to make final changes by etc.

Will provide another review once building has been completed.

Stanley Young
Stanley YoungGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good house built with a few dramas

yohanMelbourne

My mix bagged experience with PD for first home

Fendy
FendyMelbourne

Build fast!!

Team PDPorter Davis Homes

Everything depends on the site supervisor!

Good start bad finish

The build from start was great. Supervisor helpful but since handover things have gone wrong. Our fridge space was wrong and fridge won't fit. Cooktop is too close to splash back and can't use rear burners. But it's the lack of communication now after handover that raises concerns. We have moved in without being able to use cooktop or fridge

Soods
SoodsMelbourne

Bad Service! Good quality home!

mpetroloWOLLERT

New house

Overall the quality of products used and the finished product was good. I found on some sections what they considered finished l considered not. Once the final cheque was handed over we have fojnf it hard to get them to come and see us for some minor issues. Thank you
quality
customer service dropped once last payment was made

Housten Good until handover

Puneet
PuneetMelbourne

Loving my new home.

Berkley 27 new house in South East Melbourne

Hi Esther,
Could you please e-mail your contact and build details to me at porterdavis.homes@porterdavis.com.au and I will follow this up for you with the New Home Care Team to ensure all will be covered off at your 3 month appt?.

mak
makMelbourne

Communication is key

Hi Mak,
Could you please send your build and contact details to me at porterdavis.homes@porterdavis.com.au and I will have this matter followed up with the appropriate manager?

Good ! Can be better

Tanuja Nerurkar
Tanuja Nerurkar

Hi Tanuja,
Just to confirm we have received your list. Someone will be in touch ASAP

Marbell
MarbellPoint Cook

No response/poor service after Final Payment.

Hi Marbell,
Could you please email your build and contact details to me at porterdavis.homes@porterdavis.com.au and I will escalate your concerns to the appropriate manager.

jill johnsonMelbourne, Victoria

Building experience was great until just at the end then a nightmare causing us great stress

Hi Jill,
I'm going to have someone give you a call about the issues you have raised. Should you wish to contact me direct with any more details, you can reach me at porterdavis.homes@porterdavis.com.au

Hi Jill,
I can assure you that your concerns were passed onto the relevant manager. I will follow up.
Regards Helen

Baldwin 24

I was happy with the overall result of the house. Of course there were a few hiccups during the whole build but that is to be expected with any major builds. I thought the building coordinator and site supervisor were trying to do the best job they could, and i appreciate the work they put in. It would have been great to get more support from Porter Davis as they promised a website that would track every move of the house which only worked for 2 weeks at the beginning of the build. I also had an issue with the heating system, where I paid for 2 zones and virtually received 1 zone. But like I said, Im happy with the end product.
the house finished on time
not much support

Team PDPorter Davis Homes

Customer service, post move in woeful

Had our 12 month inspection where identified a leak in the elfresco roof, paint peeling ect, they came through and "fixed" however they stated there was no leak but due to our location the paint peeling was a regular occurrence, they promised the work the did fixed the issue, 18 mths later we have the same issue, they now won't return phone calls, and we are still waiting on a few issues from initial list to be rectified, terrible!
Floor plan suited our needs
Customer service,follow up woeful from outset, over promised and under delivered, for the prices they charge they are sub standard in customer care

Hi Botanic Ridge,
Could you please send me an e-mail with your build and contact details to porterdavis.homes@porterdavis.com.au and I will follow this issue up for you.
Regards
Helen

Hi Botanic Ridge,
I’ve offered to help but I’m yet to hear from you. For me to be able to assist in finding a resolution, I really need you to contact me at porterdavis.homes@porterdavis.com.au
Cheers
Helen

Botanic Ridge
Botanic Ridge

Building with Porter Davis (Barret Property Group) you will need to check on the site every day

Anthony M.
Anthony M.asked

Hi,
I am currently building the wardolf grange 44 and would like to create the kitchen as per your display home in Tullamore NSW wardolf grange 49. We want the dark grain cubboards under stone bench with no handles and cubboards at back of bench.
Do you know if this type cubboard is standard or upgrade?
Also how much will it cost add cubboards on back stone Island as per display

Gaurav and dimple
Gaurav and dimpleasked

Hi there
Can you please give as displayed price of Waldorf Altona
Tullamore and Altona please

Neha
Nehaasked

Hi,
I have chosen liverpool25 plan for my new home and was still working on whether to go with ferndale facade shown on Kew 27 or kingfisher facade. The sales consultant 2 weeks back that I had talked with was not sure about the exterior colours and the bricks used and now it’s lockdown. Would please share is it white or light grey paint on the facade so I can make up my mind and be pre prepared with everything once lockdown is uplifted and waste no further time to start my build please.

Charlie
Charlie

Hi Neha, I know it is very difficult to choose facade colour. Our house is Waldorf Grange with Chateau facade. We chose the safe colur used for display house. One advice I can give is to choose new home inspection company to check before handover. The report from our report shows there are more than 80 places required to be fixed. Good luck with your new house.

Get an answer from our members and Porter Davis Homes representatives