Hy-Clor Poseidon MK2 Automatic

Hy-Clor Poseidon MK2 Automatic

See the Best Suction Pool Cleaners in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for HY-CLOR? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Pool Size
Chris FSouth East Queensland, QLD

Noisy. Cleans well

Unsure if this is the Poseidon model but around $230 from Bunnings. Cleans well but has a constant clicking noise from the cleaning head which Hychlor assures me is normal.
I called them twice to ensure I installed it correctly. I have and the clicking is like a gentle machine gun continuously for the six hours we run it in Summer. Hychlor's attitude is "caveat emptor", nowhere does it say on the external packaging or internally on the instructions that it is noisy. They have refused to refund me as 'not a warranty issue'. Looks like Bunnings will take a hit and look after me. Stay away from this one unless your pool is in isolation or no one lives near you and you are out when it is running.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $229.

CliffSouth East Queensland, QLD

I have had my hy chlor mark 2 for about two years. I did write a review shortly after I purchased it and it was very positive. I failed to acknowledge the great response from the help area of the distributor. I contacted them very early on to obtain an extra length as I have a 70,000 litre 10 meter pool and had it within a day or so. I have had no troubles with the pool cleaner until this week when it simply refused to operate. I rang the help line and was told to lubricate the tongue of the device. This had it back fully operational within a few minutes. I was told to lubricate it every three to four months. I think it is good value for the cost involved.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Chris
ChrisGold Coast

You get what you pay for

I bought this despite the many warnings, because a couple of people seemed to be fairly happy.
Indeed most of the time it does not do much. Seems to get easily stuck by the occasional leave. My pool has accumulated lots of dust on the floor by now. If it works it is very loud with a rapid suction noise like a machine gun. $99 seems to be cheap, but it is too expensive for what it does as you might simply have no pool cleaner as well.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Suction Pool Cleaners

Find out how Hy-Clor Poseidon MK2 Automatic compares to other Suction Pool Cleaners

Rob
RobAuckland, 874, NZ

Absolutely the best pool cleaner I have ever had!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Wish I read reviews before purchasing

This thing just doesn't work, will go for a minute or so if I manipulate the throat valve. Heaven forbid a leaf gets in the way. Why make a product that looks like a pool cleaner just to have it sit doing nothing pool cleaners should do? Frantically looking for my receipt to see if I can return it after having it for only a month or so.

Lulu
LuluSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hit-and-miss

This one is for the Hy-Clor Slider Vacuum Cleaner, which product review don't list, so I'm using this platform.
Well it's rubbish! It has been replaced 3 times since first purchasing. The pool is a plain oval shape with no debris and no obstructions. It has a good quality pool pump and serviced regularly. The Hy-Clor Slider Vac gets stuck, it doesn't seem swivel. Tried reattaching the swivel connector several times and tried increasing the suction. The previous one didn't have this problem and was working fine, but it only lasted 6 months. Hit-and-miss product.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021

Junk-Avoid this one.

This product is plain junk. Works well enough to start but over the course of a few months became more and more sporadic. Now it just wont work with plenty of flow and the correct pressure.

I would look for a slightly more expensive product from a brand name. Cheap and nasty.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
BebeS
BebeSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for the price

Date PurchasedMar 2016

This product is garbage

I wish i had read the reviews on this useless thing before i wasted my money.It gets stuck every time on the steps,follows exactly the same path lap after lap, and stops for no reason.It seems to have the ability to avoid leaves and debris.Do not waste your money !!!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Ammut
AmmutPerth

Has a vey limited life

I'm sorry to say I have bought two Hy-Clor Poseidon MK2 Automatics from Bunnings.
The first ran for about 18 months before it stopped working.
I spent a few hours taking it apart and putting it back together again a few times without getting it to work so, because they're cheap, about 8 months ago I bought another one to replace it . It worked for a couple of weeks but just gives up and it's not blocked or clogged by leaves.
I'm disappointed with the cheap, unreliable Hy-Clor products and have just bought a Zodiac G2 Automatic Pool Cleaner with 12m hose for $449.
As they say, you get what you pay for.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Absolute rubbish

Keeps getting stuck in the corners and when I manually free it it follows the same path and gets stuck in the next corner. You get what you pay for. Purchased from Bunnings warehouse. I have thrown mine in the bin, I could sell it but I’m fairly sure the purchaser will bring it back.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Could be better

Date PurchasedMay 2018
RASM
RASMCairns

Bang for your buck!

Does what it’s supposed to do. Plugged it in and it cleaned the pool non stop for 18 months, then it stopped working (air leak, loss of pressure in head unit). Good value for $99 (price I paid on sale). Purchased a new head unit (pool blade) for $99 and she’s good as gold again!
Note - my pool has little shade and cleaner was always in pool.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
A Tired Customer
A Tired CustomerPerth, WA

For $250 does the same job as the expensive brands at $800

This is my 3rd pool cleaner. The first two were expensive brands and worked, but parts wear out and they are overpriced to replace. Bought this and it does the job fine. Who cares if it were to totally break after a couple of years, as buying a new one is cheaper than all the spare parts for the expensive brands.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Richard W.
Richard W.asked

I have newly tiled my pool. My Hy-Clor Mk2 worked adequately on the old marble sheen surface ( abit of the usual tracking) but does not consistently move forward on the new tiles even though it is pulsating healthily. Also it does not seem to be sitting consistnetly flat on the bottom of the pool. Any suggestions?

I have changed to a Rebel pool cleaner 100 percent better

Chris F

Try moving the yellow hose weights closer to the cleaner. Might need two at that end. There will be less resistance with the tiles than the marble finish.

Dr Richard J Singer
Dr Richard J Singerasked

Is there a larger bump ring available to replace the 330 one supplied as standard? I have a small pool with square corners and the cleaner gets s=tuck in the corners. I suspect a bigger diameter bump ring may be the solution? Thanke Rich

Cliff

Have to check with the manufacturer. I found them very good to deal with.

Chris F

Make sure your hose is the right length. Rule being that the house needs to be one meter longer than the pool. I have also had more success with continuous hose rather than the 1 meter sectional hose system supplied with the cleaner. For a small square pool with hard corners you could also try reducing the one additional meter .

kathy_1362
kathy_1362asked

I have a Hy-clor Poseidon MK2 Automatic, I'm finding it won't go up the walls.

paul

I didn't have the poseidon model Kathy. If you call their customer service their tech help is great, but customer service poor

See all Hy-Clor Poseidon MK2 Automatic questions