Hy-Clor Poseidon MK2 Automatic

Hy-Clor Poseidon MK2 Automatic

See the Best Suction Pool Cleaners in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for HY-CLOR? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Pool Size

Noisy. Cleans well

Unsure if this is the Poseidon model but around $230 from Bunnings. Cleans well but has a constant clicking noise from the cleaning head which Hychlor assures me is normal.
I called them twice to ensure I installed it correctly. I have and the clicking is like a gentle machine gun continuously for the six hours we run it in Summer. Hychlor's attitude is "caveat emptor", nowhere does it say on the external packaging or internally on the instructions that it is noisy. They have refused to refund me as 'not a warranty issue'. Looks like Bunnings will take a hit and look after me. Stay away from this one unless your pool is in isolation or no one lives near you and you are out when it is running.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $229.

Chris
ChrisGold Coast

You get what you pay for

I bought this despite the many warnings, because a couple of people seemed to be fairly happy.
Indeed most of the time it does not do much. Seems to get easily stuck by the occasional leave. My pool has accumulated lots of dust on the floor by now. If it works it is very loud with a rapid suction noise like a machine gun. $99 seems to be cheap, but it is too expensive for what it does as you might simply have no pool cleaner as well.

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Wish I read reviews before purchasing

This thing just doesn't work, will go for a minute or so if I manipulate the throat valve. Heaven forbid a leaf gets in the way. Why make a product that looks like a pool cleaner just to have it sit doing nothing pool cleaners should do? Frantically looking for my receipt to see if I can return it after having it for only a month or so.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Lulu
LuluSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hit-and-miss

This one is for the Hy-Clor Slider Vacuum Cleaner, which product review don't list, so I'm using this platform.
Well it's rubbish! It has been replaced 3 times since first purchasing. The pool is a plain oval shape with no debris and no obstructions. It has a good quality pool pump and serviced regularly. The Hy-Clor Slider Vac gets stuck, it doesn't seem swivel. Tried reattaching the swivel connector several times and tried increasing the suction. The previous one didn't have this problem and was working fine, but it only lasted 6 months. Hit-and-miss product.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Suction Pool Cleaners

Find out how Hy-Clor Poseidon MK2 Automatic compares to other Suction Pool Cleaners

Junk-Avoid this one.

This product is plain junk. Works well enough to start but over the course of a few months became more and more sporadic. Now it just wont work with plenty of flow and the correct pressure.

I would look for a slightly more expensive product from a brand name. Cheap and nasty.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

This product is garbage

I wish i had read the reviews on this useless thing before i wasted my money.It gets stuck every time on the steps,follows exactly the same path lap after lap, and stops for no reason.It seems to have the ability to avoid leaves and debris.Do not waste your money !!!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Ammut
AmmutPerth

Has a vey limited life

I'm sorry to say I have bought two Hy-Clor Poseidon MK2 Automatics from Bunnings.
The first ran for about 18 months before it stopped working.
I spent a few hours taking it apart and putting it back together again a few times without getting it to work so, because they're cheap, about 8 months ago I bought another one to replace it . It worked for a couple of weeks but just gives up and it's not blocked or clogged by leaves.
I'm disappointed with the cheap, unreliable Hy-Clor products and have just bought a Zodiac G2 Automatic Pool Cleaner with 12m hose for $449.
As they say, you get what you pay for.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022

Absolute rubbish

Keeps getting stuck in the corners and when I manually free it it follows the same path and gets stuck in the next corner. You get what you pay for. Purchased from Bunnings warehouse. I have thrown mine in the bin, I could sell it but I’m fairly sure the purchaser will bring it back.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Could be better

Date PurchasedMay 2018

What a joke

An absolute waste of money. Spends most of its time stuck on nothing not moving in corners and when it does actually move it travels in the same path. I have tried every speed, placed the weights in every position possible and still no good and not once has it ever looked like travelling up the pool walls.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Absolute rubbish

Unit keeps getting stuck in corners of pool. I have a rectangle pool with large roundish corners. Every time i look at the unit its stuck in the corner and won't operate normally until i move it. This happen all the time. It seems every time i look at the pool the cleaner is stuck in the corner.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great for a summer then Bang it won't move!

Save your money. Worked great for one summer then Bang!! The Vacuum just won't start by itself when the pool starts up the hammer the piece that makes it vacuum is stuck, i was able to manipulate with a screwdriver (for a summer) whilst the pool was on on to make the hammer work or do its job now nothing. 200 bucks down the drain now I'm up for another vacuum. Buy cheap and that's what you get cheap!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Greatest Con of The Century

Has never worked from day 1. Started and stopped at will after just about 15 seconds. It's lying useless at the store waiting for the rubbish tip. I have had to go out and shop for a proper vac as I still need the job done.

Don't waste your money.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Jon B
Jon BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great if you dont need a pool cleaner to pick up leaves.

Date PurchasedJan 2013
box
boxSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hy Clor cleaner

Load of crap, hasn't worked without assistance since day 1.
Rang hy-clor and told that they hadn't had problems with this cleaner. They suggested I could get this extra part that 'may' help. Why should I have to be Einstein to use this crap product. Should go back to Bunnings as they are far more helpful but they said try hy-clor first.

Date PurchasedNov 2016