Hy-Clor Poseidon MK2 Automatic

Hy-Clor Poseidon MK2 Automatic

See the Best Suction Pool Cleaners in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for HY-CLOR? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Don't do it

Purchased a year ago, likes to stick to the sides only , good suction , looks like a Kreepy Crawley just doesn't work like one.
The units plastic support arm decided to break today, I'm very happy as I now have a reason to throw it away.
It is rubbish, if you don't want to buy a Kreepy Crawley, but happy to waste your money, come but my broken unit and save yourselves from the expectation of it working. A new one from Bunnings will give you the same outcome

Sanyadel
SanyadelBrisbane

So frustrating!

Got this cleaner less than a month ago and it has been nothing but trouble. The longest it has worked with no intervention is two days. It does not deal with leaves or any litter without clogging and stopping working. It doesn't do the sides very well and is just super frustrating. Only good thing is that it is cheap so you get what you pay for. If you have no leaf debris in your pool it would work a dream of it weren't so noisy.

Dana
DanaSydney

Probably OK for light leaf litter. No good for gum leaves

This looked like it could be a great buy at the price. It was easy to set up and moved around the pool very quickly.

Unfortunately it stopped frequently. This model has two intake holes in the base and gum leaves had a tendency to get stuck when one end of the leaf would go through one hole and the other end through the other hole. If you have trees with short, small leaves this would be fine. But with gum leaves this unit stopped every few minutes. You have to fish it out the pool and clean it out.

Gabriel
GabrielWishart

Very Low Quality Product

Suction Pool Cleaners

Find out how Hy-Clor Poseidon MK2 Automatic compares to other Suction Pool Cleaners

SL
SLSydney

Poseidon MK2

John
JohnSydney

Good for clean pools with little leaf litter

I have a pool with gums leaves regularly being blown into the pool. My Genie was worn out so I decided to give this a go. Assembly was easy. For the pool installation I simply removed the old genie and replaced it with this one. It worked immediately but stopped after encountering a few leaves. This was the pattern for the whole week I tried it. It appears the 'mouth' of the pool cleaner mechanism becomes clogged very quickly when there are more than a few leaves. After putting up with this for a week I returned it. I could see this being a good pool cleaner if the pool doesn't get leaves or possibly only a few of them. For the price, for the right circumstances, it could be a good pool cleaner.

Wessel
WesselSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of my money

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022

Bad

12months later - operating 6-8hrs/day (Warranty 12mths). Shaft has holed from the outside ring that moves up and down (patched using icecream container with cable ties), hoses have perished/snapped. Deflector has worn down to metal. Won't move without manually getting the pulse action to start. My advice is good deal if you can keep taking it back and getting a warranty claim every 11month.
Initially - price, easy to install, didn't get caught at the steps and went up the walls.
Quality.

Bad

I would not recommend this cleaner as it does not work on the pool walls at all. This is despite multiple adjustments.
I inherited this cleaner when I boght my current residence.
Keeps going, doesn't stop.
Wont go up walls, keeps going around the bottom of the walls wearing a path as it does, difficult to "skim " surface whilst it is operating.

Suction Pool Cleaners

Richard W.
Richard W.asked

I have newly tiled my pool. My Hy-Clor Mk2 worked adequately on the old marble sheen surface ( abit of the usual tracking) but does not consistently move forward on the new tiles even though it is pulsating healthily. Also it does not seem to be sitting consistnetly flat on the bottom of the pool. Any suggestions?

I have changed to a Rebel pool cleaner 100 percent better

Chris F

Try moving the yellow hose weights closer to the cleaner. Might need two at that end. There will be less resistance with the tiles than the marble finish.

Dr Richard J Singer
Dr Richard J Singerasked

Is there a larger bump ring available to replace the 330 one supplied as standard? I have a small pool with square corners and the cleaner gets s=tuck in the corners. I suspect a bigger diameter bump ring may be the solution? Thanke Rich

Cliff

Have to check with the manufacturer. I found them very good to deal with.

kathy_1362
kathy_1362asked

I have a Hy-clor Poseidon MK2 Automatic, I'm finding it won't go up the walls.

paul
paul

I didn't have the poseidon model Kathy. If you call their customer service their tech help is great, but customer service poor

See all Hy-Clor Poseidon MK2 Automatic questions