Hy-Clor Poseidon MK2 Automatic

Hy-Clor Poseidon MK2 Automatic

See the Best Suction Pool Cleaners in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for HY-CLOR? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Pool Size
Chris FSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rob
RobAuckland, 874, NZ

Absolutely the best pool cleaner I have ever had!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Hy chlor poseidon mark 2 automatic.

I just purchased it this week after having had a kreepy krawley for years and years. I have found it to be excellent, I have a large 70,000 litre pool and it has done an excellent job. I found it easy to assemble, easy to use and effective in its use.
I had to contact the office to find where to get some extra extensions for the hose. The service was excellent.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

really good unit

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Suction Pool Cleaners

Find out how Hy-Clor Poseidon MK2 Automatic compares to other Suction Pool Cleaners

Hy-Chlor Slider Vac

Bought this a week ago and it has my pool sparkling clean. Excellent price, local product support and parts available at Bunnings how could you go wrong. Works a lot better without the ring on the top. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for this type of pool cleaner.

Mike
MikeBrisbane

Why Pay $800+ for the same result?

11 mths old & still going

I too was nearly put off by the bad reviews. Owned one for nearly 12 mths only complaint had to start replacing split hoses from about 8-9 mths but we never taken it out of pool, hence lasted everyday in sun that long. Replacement hoses are about $12 each and we are looking to try a one piece length very shortly. It did take a while to function properly like Jez says but we put this down to extremely dirty floor covered with slime. Once we backwashed a few times and brushed floor it started doing its job.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022

Works great! Can't understand some of the negative reviews.

I hesitated to purchase this as I saw some of the negative reviews on here. I thought I'd try it and if it really was a piece of rubbish I'd take it back to Bunnings for a refund. I've had it for four days and I'm very happy with it. It's replaced a Kreepy Krawly that had done a great job, but was over 10 years old and failing. This seems just as good as the Kreepy for one quarter the price. It climbs the walls nicely, which the Old Kreepy had stopped doing.

Jamie
JamiePerth, WA

Poseidon Pool Cleaner

I have had my pool cleaner for about 6 or 7 summers and I reckon its great. Yes I have had to do some minor repairs along the way but i know this is the case with the more expensive cleaners as my colleague has one.
Be happy that you saved $500 bucks and spread the word instead of moaning.

markc
markcdarwin

Very happy with the poseidon!

Great price. Works fine. I don't use the speed adjuster of the elbow joiners. I just plug a male hose end into the top of the skimmer box plate. Pool shop people tell you it's junk and you should spent over $700 for a decent cleaner. I've found it great and I love that it was only $189.
inexpensive, reliable

Peter from the Tweed
Peter from the TweedTweed

Poseidon Automatic

Finally time to retire my old Zodiac - was certainly a bit suspicious about a Poseidon, given the low price and a few negative reviews here.

But the thing worked great straight out of the box, at least as good as the old Zodiac, maybe even goes a shade higher on the walls.

This style of cleaner only has one moving part. In my opinion the Poseidon/Bunnings price is what they SHOULD cost, not the $500-800 dollars pool shops charge for much the same product.
Good product, excellent value for money

Update; Had this cleaner for 2 years now, still no problems.

As someone else noted, the hose supplied is rubbish and had to be replaced after one year, but otherwise a good product in my opinion.

Good pool cleaner for the price

Wrxzx10r
Wrxzx10rSydney, NSW

Works perfectly

I can't help think that a lot of the negative reviews are people with a conflict of interest such as pool shop owners trying to flog their own rip off product that works no better. I've got a Poseidon for my home pool and got one for my parents home pool, both work brilliantly and no problems in well over two years. Easy to use, simply to assemble and very very rarely gets stuff. A $200 product that equal or out performs all that expensive pool shop [censored word removed]
Easy to use, reliable and inexpensive
Pool shop owners making up lies

MartyG
MartyG

I can assure you I'm not a pool shop owner nor do I have any vested interests in the Poseidon. It simply doesnt work.

Surprisingly good and does everything properly

Had one of these for 5 years now and it does a great job. Climbs walls, gets out of corners, starts up fine (had to make a small adjustment here) and has totally outperformed the previous barracuda and kreepy. Those people grumbling need to take time to learn how their own pool and pool equipment work. This is not something that happens overnight, pools aren't plug and play.
Reliability

Rolko
Rolko

Needed tuneing

I bought this pool cleaner from Bunnings. It worked really well and cleaned excellent but it would not self start you had to give it a shake until one day I opened another valve on the Spa which lowered the pressure on the line to pool cleaner and now it self starts easily. So if it will not self start try adjusting the adjuster open more which will lower the pressure on the pool cleaner line
Had a Barracuda before which got caught in corners or tipped over this one self right to ensure it keeps going

Sam
Sam

How did you tune it????

Richard W.
Richard W.asked

I have newly tiled my pool. My Hy-Clor Mk2 worked adequately on the old marble sheen surface ( abit of the usual tracking) but does not consistently move forward on the new tiles even though it is pulsating healthily. Also it does not seem to be sitting consistnetly flat on the bottom of the pool. Any suggestions?

I have changed to a Rebel pool cleaner 100 percent better

Chris F

Try moving the yellow hose weights closer to the cleaner. Might need two at that end. There will be less resistance with the tiles than the marble finish.

Dr Richard J Singer
Dr Richard J Singerasked

Is there a larger bump ring available to replace the 330 one supplied as standard? I have a small pool with square corners and the cleaner gets s=tuck in the corners. I suspect a bigger diameter bump ring may be the solution? Thanke Rich

Cliff

Have to check with the manufacturer. I found them very good to deal with.

kathy_1362
kathy_1362asked

I have a Hy-clor Poseidon MK2 Automatic, I'm finding it won't go up the walls.

paul
paul

I didn't have the poseidon model Kathy. If you call their customer service their tech help is great, but customer service poor

See all Hy-Clor Poseidon MK2 Automatic questions