Power Pod

Power Pod

See the Best Power Banks & Portable Chargers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Global Shop Direct

• Battery Life

Terrible

Was very excited to use this product but very disappointed with charging percentage, only gives 10 per cent at any time, certainly not a saver when desperate for more battery life

Purchased in August 2021 for $20.00.

Power pod
Power podMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Waste of money.

The only good thing about this product is it's size. It barely last for an hour and then dies. The advertisement indicates that it last 2 hours plus and you can take it out and about attached to mobile. Wouldn't recommend it.

Purchased in September 2021 at Australia Post Offices for $15.00.

Ronniem40
Ronniem40Perth, WA

A very useful device, indeed!

Though somewhat bulky - could have been slimmer - coupled with house and car keys, it is good. It certainly is not one bit heavy. I have not been 'timing' the charging rates, but there is nothing to complain about its usefulness.
However, I have not understood why when I had asked for an iphone/apple device, the connecting cable supplied is for android devices.

Purchased in August 2021.

Ian Jackson
Ian JacksonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very convenient, small enough to put anywhere and will save you having a flat battery

It is light weight, small and very portable. It takes no time to recharge when plugged in. I have only used it once so far but i am impressed. I even bought one for the rest of my family.

Old_GrumpySouthwest, VIC

Adequate but vulnerable

I paid $20 for mine at the PO. While carrying my phone in my pocket whilst charging it, the plug just snapped off at the base. It should be more robust.

Purchased in May 2021 for $20.00.

Sally J.
Sally J.Sydney, NSW

Yes it small but it drains out it 10 minutes

Yes It is small good for travelling and for in handbag or for children school bags but it drains out in 10 minutes and when you go to charge it you don't know if it's charged

Purchased in April 2019.

Tracy H.
Tracy H.South East Queensland, QLD

Don't waste your money!

Only thing positive about it is it's size but is of no use whatsoever. Charges for 2 minutes and dies even after being full charged. I don't know how others give it a positive review.

Purchased in March 2021 at Australia Post Offices for $29.00.

Battery Life

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Didn't work

Just received the power pod and it doesn't work. What a waste of money. It will be going out with the trash. Tried it with different phones and my earplugs, NOTHING.

Caroline A.
Caroline A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Piece of crap

Stupid bloody thing doesn’t work. A complete waste of money. Really disappointed. Charged it up as instructed plugged it in and got initial charging symbol then nothing. Tried it several times but it just doesn’t work.

Purchased in February 2021 at Harvey Norman Online for $24.95.

Oma
Oma

Practical but slow to recharge

Small and easy to carry. I bought 2. My phone, as well as my husband's phone won't charge to more than 89%, but this is enough to see us through to being able to use other devices for top up recharge.
To recharge the Power Pod takes several hours. This evening I started recharging it at 18:30 hours and it is now 12:49am the next morning and the red light is still indicating that it is recharging. When I go to sleep shortly, I will have to disconnect it as I don't think it is safe for items like phones and power banks and laptops etc to be left on charge whilst I am unable (being asleep) to attend to it.
I do like it for its ability to get me out of situations where I have to use my phone for photos in my working environment.

This is so trash

Same issue as others are saying, charged the phone about 10% then turned off, so crap!! Return on the same day. The idea is great but not a good product at all

Purchased in February 2021 at Australia Post Offices for $19.00.

Liz g
Liz gWestern Australia

Terrible

Biggest piece rubbish r charged my phone by 10% before it lost charge do not waste your money false advertising disappointed i was hoping it would have been of some use

Purchased in January 2021 at Australia Post Offices for $25.00.

Do not buy this crap

Tried it 3 times in my iPhone after charging it for 2 days. It lasted 15 minutes and added 10% charge to my phone and then died every time. It is a piece of rubbish.

Purchased in December 2020.

Julie
Julie

Power pod, handy size

Power pod charges quickly (25 mins) and is great as a back up which can be easily carried around on car keys, in the pocket or, handbag. I keep mine on my key ring so I always have it when out and about. My only problem is it doesn’t always dray plugged in. It falls out of the phn from time to time. Leaving it charging in a flat surface is preferable to carrying it in a bag while it’s working

Purchased in December 2020 at Global Shop Direct for $50.00.

Absolute Rubbish

Total rubbish. Returned to Global Shop for two replacements thinking faulty the two new ones exactly the same. Don’t even connect to recharge my iPhone or iPad. Connection very faulty. Idea is great shame it doesn’t work!!!!!!

Purchased in November 2020 at Global Shop Direct for $58.91.