Power Pod

Power Pod

See the Best Power Banks & Portable Chargers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Global Shop Direct

• Battery Life

Ronniem40
Ronniem40Perth, WA

A very useful device, indeed!

Though somewhat bulky - could have been slimmer - coupled with house and car keys, it is good. It certainly is not one bit heavy. I have not been 'timing' the charging rates, but there is nothing to complain about its usefulness.
However, I have not understood why when I had asked for an iphone/apple device, the connecting cable supplied is for android devices.

Purchased in August 2021.

Ian Jackson
Ian JacksonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very convenient, small enough to put anywhere and will save you having a flat battery

It is light weight, small and very portable. It takes no time to recharge when plugged in. I have only used it once so far but i am impressed. I even bought one for the rest of my family.

Old_GrumpySouthwest, VIC

Adequate but vulnerable

I paid $20 for mine at the PO. While carrying my phone in my pocket whilst charging it, the plug just snapped off at the base. It should be more robust.

Purchased in May 2021 for $20.00.

Bec.
Bec. Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Average

Doesn’t last as long as they advertise. Also just drops out from charging. For the price I don’t believe it was worth it. Size is the only positive thing i think.

Oma
Oma

Practical but slow to recharge

Small and easy to carry. I bought 2. My phone, as well as my husband's phone won't charge to more than 89%, but this is enough to see us through to being able to use other devices for top up recharge.
To recharge the Power Pod takes several hours. This evening I started recharging it at 18:30 hours and it is now 12:49am the next morning and the red light is still indicating that it is recharging. When I go to sleep shortly, I will have to disconnect it as I don't think it is safe for items like phones and power banks and laptops etc to be left on charge whilst I am unable (being asleep) to attend to it.
I do like it for its ability to get me out of situations where I have to use my phone for photos in my working environment.

Julie
Julie

Power pod, handy size

Power pod charges quickly (25 mins) and is great as a back up which can be easily carried around on car keys, in the pocket or, handbag. I keep mine on my key ring so I always have it when out and about. My only problem is it doesn’t always dray plugged in. It falls out of the phn from time to time. Leaving it charging in a flat surface is preferable to carrying it in a bag while it’s working

Purchased in December 2020 at Global Shop Direct for $50.00.

Stuart P
Stuart PMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very convenient

The unit is as light as a feather. Charges two devices - an iPhone and an iPad one at a time from approximately 20% don’t know how long it took, haven’t had it long enough. Fits easily into bag or purse

Purchased in November 2020.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Easy to dislodge

This is compact and very handy BUT it falls out very easily. Unless you hold it vertically with the powered in top of your phone, it comes out. So that being said, it works but is a little inconvenient. When I am expecting it to be charging, it is not connected to my phone. I think they need to improve the way it is connected.
UPDATE...my phone is in a case and that could be preventing it from being all the way in.

Purchased in December 2020.

Edith T.
Edith T.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Does the job when needed.

Doesn't hold as much charge as I had expected, but it certainly does the job when needed - I got the 2 for 1, and have the other one charged as backup.

Purchased in November 2020.

KookaPerth, WA

Wrong plug

The problem I have is that I ordered one of these. It looked great and charged well. ?The only problem is I can't use it because The plug on my phone is not a "c" type. My plug on my phone has the same plug as the charging cable. They think I must be a technician, I don't know one from the other. Is there an adaptor? Please

Purchased in October 2020.

Than you very much

Kaye
KayeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

small and compact

this is a good size for adding to my handbag when travelling as an emergency power for my phone and tablet. it is very convienent for carrying aroung all the time. i use it as a key fob.

Nola F.
Nola F.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pretty good

It works and is compact. I find it is slow to charge but as it is an emergency charger works fine and is easy to use. Good for one charge.

Purchased in August 2020 at Global Shop Direct for $47.00.

G.Ollie. Olston
G.Ollie. OlstonWheatbelt, WA

Only used it once yet but seems to work very well so far

Product is light and easy to use and carry, initial charge took a couple of hours to charge & will be interesting to see how many times I can charge my phone with it.

Purchased in September 2020.

Margie
MargieSouth East Queensland, QLD

My daughter-in-law loves it!

I ordered an Android pod. The fitting to attach it to my 'HTC One' phone did not fit the one on the phone. Fortunately, it fits my daughter-in-law's phone perfectly!

It does the job

Haven’t really used it yet but my husband has and said it was ok took a while for it to charge though Happy with the product. Would recommend to friends