Powerider Aries

Powerider Aries

A great example of an eBike - with good after sales service

After 9 months of use I am still very impressed with my Powerider Airies. It looks good, is very comfortable to ride, quiet, and rolls along easily. The range of gears available is more then adequate. The mid-drive motor is an advantage in that it can make use of the bike's gears to provide additional assistance up a steep hill with higher speeds being available along the flat sections. The step-through design is a boon for older riders like me. The larger battery has allowed me to complete 80 klm rides with power to spare. Jimmy's after sales support has been very good, with a few minor adjustments being carried out quickly with a smile.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great mid-drive, right price

The Powerider Aries 700c Step-through is a mid-drive e-bike with a light Li battery on a rear rack and hydraulic disc brakes.
The Aries motor sits low in the centre of the bike, instead of bouncing up and down in the middle of a wheel. The drive through the rear wheel is firmly on the ground up a hill, and overcomes front wheel spin.
Pedal power is combined with electric power in a mid-drive bike and is transmitted to the rear wheel through the gears. Changing gears keeps the pedals turning at a steady speed, and the motor too. So the motor saves power by running at an efficient speed. This improves battery range.
To cap it off, the Powerider has a 500Wh battery and hydraulic disc brakes.

I am 82 and ride regularly to keep healthy and fit. As my energy output was dropping, I needed an e-bike to keep up with my friends. Seven years ago I bought an e-bike conversion for my hybrid, with a front wheel motor and 4 kg Li rack mounted battery.
I have another converted e-bike that fits easily in the car. It is a 500mm folding bike with front wheel motor and seat post mounted battery.
These e-bikes have served me well, but that type of e-bike has been superseded by purpose built e-bikes with mid-drive motors and lighter Li batteries, such as the Powerider.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

This is the best electric bike I've ever seen.

Apart from looking good, the Aries 700C is a great bike to ride. I have a Vivente touring bike with Rohloff gears (which is nearly twice the price) and it's a beautiful bike, But with a recent spiral fracture of my femur (thanks to a car driving in front of me) the Vivente will not be an option to ride until about 6 months of recovery. The Powerider Aries 700C is an option, and I started riding after 2 months.
Now just over 3 months and I've done about 600km including a recent weekend away along the Warburton trail and O'Shannessy Aqueduct track with panniers on the back.
With moderate use of the motor I've been able to do a 70km ride and only use half the battery power.
The hydraulic disk brakes are really great and the 9 speed derailleur gears are really good. Once you learn to use the motor and gears to best advantage, and learn to use either Pedelec and/or the throttle correctly and safely, you will smile every time you use the bike.
As a means to recovery from an injury the step-through design is excellent, and the exercise you can do in a controlled way using the motor is better than anything else I can think of.
For a high quality and high specification bike...this bike is excellent value.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Good quality mid-drive bike at a reasonable price

I already owned two electric bikes, a Zocco Rosa and an Ultra Ryder, which I really enjoy riding. I decided to buy my wife a step-through electric bike for her 60th birthday.
After much research, I had decided to order a BH Gacella, a well known brand that was being offered at a special price. Before I placed the order, I came across the Powerider Aries, which Jimmy pointed out that, for a slightly higher cost ,comes with a mid drive rather than a front hub drive. It also has a 14AH battery and hydraulic brakes, which you only find on higher end bikes.
My wife is delighted with her new bike. Unlike my other bikes, it is super quiet and is not obviously an electric bike. It is well built with good quality components. Jimmy also included a birthday card in the box, which I thought was a nice touch.
I took it for a long test drive,and it is indeed a nice ride. Strangely enough, I did find that my Ultra Ryder with a 200W front hub motor is easier on the hills, but this might be that I need to get used to the Derailleur gears, where the Ultra Ryder has Shimano Nexus in-hub gears.
There are many cheaper bikes available, but I you are looking for a high end quality mid-drive bike and a very favourable price, this is the one.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Thanks David, your comment is very valuable for us! The mid drive is a bit different from the hub motor, after couple of ride, you will love it!

Great bike, love it

Haven't had the bike long but love it so far. Easy to ride, powerful and the battery seems to last forever. The quality of the gears and all fittings seems to be very good. Can't fault at this stage. We were really looked after when we bought the bike, highly recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Has made cycling exciting.

Have many great cycling trails near home which go for miles, but getting older, I couldn't take advantage of these facilities, but now on a ebike I can ride all day, could even burn off Lance Armstrong, the bikes are quite, quick, no registration, look like any other normal bike and have fantastic range. Col.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

The lights on my bike, which is just over a year old, no longer work. I have checked the wiring, and determined that the controller is faulty. I can I get a replacement controller?
I suggest you get back to the importer, he is very helpful and I'm sure he will find a way to help you get the lights working. PhilYes...Give Justride a call. I'm sure he will be able to fix it. He fixed a problem with mine. It was just a loose connection.He is indeed trying to be helpful, but refuses to accept that the controller could be faulty. He won’t even tell me where I can buy another controller.

Aries