Powershop Australia

Powershop Australia Questions & Answers (page 2 of 3)

Listing monitored by Powershop Australia

43 questions from our users

Jack1987asked

Hi everyone, maybe someone can help me and explain me how notice them for cancelling my contract?

Powershop A.Powershop AustraliaSend a private message

Hi Jack, not quite sure what you mean? We don't have any lock-in contract. Would you like us to give you a call? Just DM us your best time and number. Thanks, Adi

Jack1987

So, it is right. I'll explain better. I just move out and live the city and I don't want to pay anymore after that I'll leave the apartment. How is working?

Jack1987

I'm still waiting for an answer. Thanks

ConsumerManasked

How can I see from the Powershop app, or my account on the website, the actual dollar cost of my power in previous billing cycles? Because I pre-purchase my power, previous billing cycles show as a negative left over dollar amount and negative unit use. Is there a function I have not found yet?

COS70
COS70

This is easy to see on the app it gives you a graph of monthly use with the average unit price u payed for the month.

RebeccaFK
RebeccaFK
Eddieasked

A query in relation to the rolling 3 month window for the Online Saver (Vic)

On the 1st of each month there is a price adjustment resulting from the earliest month in the window being replaced with the next future month in the sequence. My query is about the first month of the rolling window (currently January). Putting historical considerations aside and assuming smart meter installation, is January's daily average ‘actual’ (based on meter read on the 31st of Jan ) or is it a prediction comprising actual month review data (on 21st for me) which is extrapolated to cover the whole month?

Eddie

Subsequently clarified with Powershop. Actual meter readings at the end of the month are used. I initially was under the impression that meter readings were only used at the billing cycle review.

melliasked

Why am I buying power for .59c but in my app it's saying I'm paying .69c a kw?

Powershop A.Powershop AustraliaSend a private message

Hi Melli, can you share your registered e-mail address as a private message, so we can have a look at this for you. Cheers, Adi

Orion
Orionasked

I have solar panels and receive a rebate on my electricity. Would this be lost if I changed to Powershop?

Alex P
Alex P
Powershop A.Powershop AustraliaSend a private message

Hi Orion, you won't lose your government rebates. Let us know if you would like us to give you a call. Would just need you to send your best phone number over a private message. Alternatively, you can give us a ring on 1800 462 668. Adi

Shaheen
Shaheenasked

Hi! Yes, would like to join this war against CSG. I'm moving to a new property on the 26th of Nov. Is that too little notice for you to set up? Please let me know. Would love to switch and give this a go.

HS

Eric
Ericasked

I am thinking of changing to Powershop for environmental reasons. I don't care if it costs a little more, although I hope not too much more. Most comments here are positive, but the negative ones mostly say either (a) costs were too high or (b) the ongoing management process was too complex and time consuming.

I don't want to spend time managing an energy portfolio, I want to "set and forget". (1) Can I do that with Powershop? (2) If I choose the greenest plan and use about 25-30 kwh per day, what roughly will it cost me?

Thanks!

Sandy
Sandy
Ken61
Ken61
Mel
Mel

Where are you? If your in NSW, 1st Energy would be the best choice for greener electricity, not powershop.
From what I've heard. 1st Energy comes to VIC in January as well, which is good. Never had an issue with them, cheap and green and normal

janeceeasked

Hi. We just got a new connection from Lumo via direct connect but I am reading lots of bad reviews about them. I am contemplating on switching to powershop. I still have 10 days cooling off period until Sept 4. How long will it take to switch to powershop and do I have to pay for connection and disconnection fees? Thanks a lot.

janecee

In addition, what's the process in switching to powershop?

Kim Kennedyasked

I spoke with Energy Watch tonight and we have decided to use Powershop for our NEW Connection. We asked for this to be connected Monday 27th April, but were told this is a holiday. As far as we know it is not. Can you please clarify if it will happen that day or will it have to wait until Tuesday? It's a residence in Rye. thanks Kim Kennedy

Jane
Jane
Kim Kennedy

Thanks for your reply Jane. It seems we just followed our nose through Google and found Energy Watch along the way. I have since spoken directly to Powershop, after signing up with them thru Energy Watch (

roliver
roliver

Kim, I am not sure of your location but I know that the power distributor (who actually handle the connections) in my area (Victoria) had this day a public holiday for its employees. Maybe that is the reason they state public holiday.

James Keaton
James Keatonasked

Hi, I have recently decided to switch over to powershop and have filled out the online form. How long does the process take? I need to get out of my current retailer ASAP. :)

Mari Lourey
Mari Loureyasked

Is it just electricity you sell or can I switch my gas account over as well? Mari

kwasked

I switched to Powershop at the end of December, and have been really happy with the ability to prepurchase and monitor my usage online. My daily cost has been around half of what I was paying with my previous supplier! However, I've just seen a massive price increase for any future purchases I make, for example I prepurchased Autumn power for 26.19c, this has now increase to 47.3c; an online saver purchase that cost around 28c has gone up to 51.83c. This is an 85% increase and brings me up to the same rates that I was paying previously! Why such an increase? And why no explanation?

Pippo
Pippo
kw

Not very helpful, Pippo. If you read my question, you'll see that I didn't switch to Powershop until the end of December, so would not have received an email sent in November. Regardless, I doubt that the service charge was increased by 85%.

Tony
Tony
Mouchie52
Mouchie52asked

Hi Powershop, I have a 4kWh solar panel system in a rural western zone and currently receive 60c PFIT from my retailer who I locked into a fixed term 36 month supply contract 12 months ago only to recently discover fixed term is not fixed prices and includes annual CPI increases (my fault from not understanding the fine print). Given I haven't paid a power bill since the date of my solar installation, and I would suffer a cancellation fee, would Powershop still be a better option be a retailer or should I bide my time? I am also dismayed to discover CPI (Sept 13 to Sept 14) was 2.5pc but my off-peak charge has risen 5pc and network supply charge (which they discounted heavily to lure my custom, has risen by almost 12pc. Thanks

Lyle Zanoni
Lyle Zanoniasked

I am thinking about changing to Powershop, but I just saw a review where someone is charged 22 to 23 c/KWh . that's the same as what I am paying already with Red, so unless you either don't have a service charge or one that is less than 90 cents a day ( 99 cents with GST) 10% discount on all of that for early payment...then I don't see the point. and of course being not so tech minded, but working on it , it sound like figuring out what to do could also be a problem. I have got til Feb 13 or two days before that to make up my mind what's your answer to that one ?

Feryl
Feryl
russs
russs
chinesesausage
chinesesausageasked

I am reading the powershop site and feedin tarriffs....please explain the three different tarriff from 8cents to 62 cents????

Francescawalker
Francescawalkerasked

We have a 2.5 kw solar system and are currently receiving 62 c per KWh for te excess power we generate and feed into the grid. Obviously we also have a smart meter. If we switch to PowerShop, can we continue to feed our excess energy into the grid? if so, at what rate? and is PowerShop comparible with the Smart meters? we are seriously consider switching but need some feedback on these issues. Thank you

hippyherb
hippyherbasked

I am currently with AGL. I pay 90$ a fortnight through centrepay. It is taken out of my pension before I get it. Do you have anything similar??

Karen

Hi Hippyherb. I dont work for powershop so I dont know if they have a similiar way of paying. You would need to contact them and ask.

Bob Electron

I'm just a reviewer not Powershop. Although with powershop you can pay how you like provided you have internet access.

Sueasked

Hi,
We have just had a 4kW system installed and are waiting for the final inspection. Do you handle the smart meter configuration required and if so what is the cost? Do you have any specials at the moment regarding feed in tariffs?

Karen

Hi Sue, I dont work for Powershop, I'm a customer so I cant answer your question. Cheers Karen

Sue

Not to worry Karen I'll just wait for Powershop to answer :)

Bob Electron

Hi Sue, also I'm not Powershop, just a customer giving my opinion. Incidentally it's Power Cor I think & about $300 Thanks Jeff

Merlin51h
Merlin51hasked

I was almost signed up with Powershop until I became aware of the fact that one needs to provide bank account details and you would direct debit if account not paid on time! I do not give my bank account out especially to power companies because should there be an issue, one has no control over payment. Why is this really necessary? Especially if one agrees to pay via your website and to get the discounts by paying on time?

Bob Electron

You always have control over direct debit & you can cancel anytime. Also if you don't like your power companies behaviour you can always change!

wanaswitch
wanaswitchasked

Say I'm not using the shop to purchase energy in advance what is the typical rate that you charge then? Momentum Energy would charge me between 17 and 19 cents/KWh. Also how off peak rates are calculated and how to they apply to my bill if I purchase in advance? Thanks I'm interested by your offer but not convinced that I'd be ale to effectively compare how much savings I would make by switching to you. Thanks!

Get an answer from our members and Powershop Australia representatives

Other Energy Providers

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now