Powershop Australia

Powershop Australia Questions & Answers (page 3)

Merlin51h
Merlin51h

I was almost signed up with Powershop until I became aware of the fact that one needs to provide bank account details and you would direct debit if account not paid on time! I do not give my bank account out especially to power companies because should there be an issue, one has no control over payment. Why is this really necessary? Especially if one agrees to pay via your website and to get the discounts by paying on time?

Karen
Karen

I dont usually give out my bank details either for direct debit but after reading reviews of Powershop in NZ where they have been operating for a while i felt comfortable that they are a reputable company. I guess for Powershop their system ensures they dont have customers who dont pay. I have only been with Powershop for a couple of months but so far so good. I pre bought too much power for March and found the difference paid back into my account immediately as they said they would. I've spoken twice to their call centre and found that both times the staff to be courteous and knowlegeable.

Powershop Australia   DM

Thanks for replying, Karen! Glad to have you on board as a happy Powershopper. Merlin51h, we need to have a default payment method as we're an online only power company, but if you ever experience hardship we are happy to move the due date of your bill. We always give you plenty of warning - at least 12 business days - before we deduct anything off your card. All your invoices are available to download, so there's complete transparency.

Bob Electron
Bob Electron

You always have control over direct debit & you can cancel anytime. Also if you don't like your power companies behaviour you can always change!

Anonymous762
Anonymous762

You can open a free bank account especially for a power company that requires direct debit.

wanaswitch
wanaswitch

Say I'm not using the shop to purchase energy in advance what is the typical rate that you charge then? Momentum Energy would charge me between 17 and 19 cents/KWh. Also how off peak rates are calculated and how to they apply to my bill if I purchase in advance? Thanks I'm interested by your offer but not convinced that I'd be ale to effectively compare how much savings I would make by switching to you. Thanks!

Powershop Australia   DM

Hey wanaswitch, You can view all our pricing here external link  keep in mind when looking at this document that our unit pricing includes GST, daily and supply charges so there are no hidden fees - your current retailer may not include these charges when they give you a quote.

If you want you can send us a copy of your latest bill either to our Facebook Page in a private message external link  or send an email to compare@powershop.com.au and we'll run a comparison for you based on your meter type, distributor and usage.

Our peak times are 7am-11pm Weekdays and any power used outside of those hours are calculated on our off-peak rates. We have usage tools with a daily half hour breakdown showing your energy usage, so you know exactly when you're using power and how much of it you're using.

We calculate all of this in your monthly bill review and we send you a bill for the balance if there is any, or, if you've pre-purchased units we let you know you don't owe us anything. Any pre-purchased units go to the next month, and if you have any unused units you're unsure about you can refund them.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Francie7376
Francie7376

Hi there.

I currently get a 16% savings on my bill for paying on time. This has resulted in significant savings for us. What I am worried about if we switch we won't get such savings - already your price predictor tool included a 20% savings but the price quoted is higher to what we pay now. I am not really convinced we will save much if anything at all. We are with Energy Australia btw.

Powershop Australia   DM

Hey Francie, if you want you can send us your bill to either our Facebook page external link  in a private message or compare@powershop.com.au and we'll let you know how much you can expect to pay with us.

Our pricing includes daily and supply cost as well as GST so there are no hidden fees or charges. We have no lock-in conctracts or exit fees, and a 60 day guarantee - if you aren't happy with us we'll switch you back to your old retailer with no issues.

pirate48
pirate48

hi, live 3028 victoria au, have 2660watts of solar installed. what are powershops power & solar feed in tarrifs as of 6.1.2014 please. powercor is our distributor. thanks

Hey Pirate48!

You can see our latest rates for solar here: external link

Terms and Conditions: http://www.powershop.com.au/content/terms-and-conditions/20131021_-_Powershop_Solar_Terms__3.10_.pdf

We're currently running a special offer where you get 2 cents more than what the rate card states.

Let me know if you need help with anything else,

Jasmine E from Powershop Australia

Len Burton
Len Burton

I am interested in switching, but currently get 5c extra per Kw from my solar, Do you have a similar deal ?

Powershop Australia   DM

Hey Len, We do have a similar deal. We have a current special where you get an extra 2cents above our advertised rates of solar.

Our rates: external link

Let me know if you need help with anything else,

Jasmine E from Powershop Australia

Get an answer from our members and Powershop Australia representatives

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now