Powershop Australia

Powershop Australia (page 2 of 10)

Listing monitored by Powershop Australia

• Rates and Fees

Chris F
Chris FGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I loved Powershop, but will leave asap

Used to get value by pre-purchasing pack with discounts, which I loved checking and keeping on top of. No worthwhile discounts now. I will dump them as soon as possible. Ciao!

Rates and Fees

Don’t Bother With This Company

Supposed to be green but solar feed in tariff at 5c says it all. Costs us more for supply than usage these days. Used to be great company but that’s over. Moving on.

Use to be good - not any more

Price increases and no discounts.
Time to move on.
I had 4 accounts with powershop and have been with them for many years.
But recently they have changed the way they operate and the last 2 accounts have issues with meter readings and calculations.
Very disappointing.

fnord
fnordSouth East Queensland, QLD

Used to be an interesting idea

The bulk-buy pre-paid packs are now effectively gone, and the FIT is just insulting now. I don't mind the idea of using my solar+battery, but selling power back to the grid at a 3.5c when I'm paying six times that for inbound electrons is at some point just taking the crap. None of the promised integrations have appeared, no VPP is on the radar, and the daily usage charge goes up with monotonous regularity. Can no longer recommend them, and I guess this is why they've made their referral bonus so generous lately.

Peter G.
Peter G.Sydney, NSW

They were ripping me off and advertising it!

ServicesElectricity
Julian
JulianSydney Surrounds, NSW

AVOID.

Powershop linked my fresh account to the shop that was below my place of residency. This led to me being overcharged. I noticed this with the first bill they sent me, I opted out and switched providers. It's been a year, I don't even live in that place anymore and Powershop is STILL trying to get money from me that I didn't accrue with their service.
Avoid them like the plague, take up a life crippling drug addiction, it would probably be far less painful then ever dealing with Powershop.

ServicesElectricity
Daffy Duck
Daffy DuckSouth East Queensland, QLD

Were good to deal with but gone backwards fast

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

I do apologise for the delay, the refund has been started today.

Jamie

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Monica J.
Monica J.

Terrible customer service

I live alone in a one bedroom apartment. Usual electricity bill is 60-70 dollars per month. Powershop were unable to read the meter because of covid restrictions and so did an estimate which was $223 - almost 4 times my usual usage. They don’t reply to emails, have had them on the phone twice with no resolution. I will be changing providers.

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

We pride ourselves on our customer service and would like to look into this further. Are you able to send an email
with your account number to complaints@powershop.com.au?

Jamie

Unauthorized transfer

Apparently we were set up with them, despite the fact that no one in this household has asked to be transferred to them from our current providers. I don't trust a company that does that.

Melbourneite
MelbourneiteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No longer worth it

We’ve been with them years, like many others here we no longer are offered any bulk discounts, its much more expensive. I noticed also quite a while ago they made it harder to track the discount by not providing a percentage saving. Ive given one extra star (2 star) as they used to be good, had great customer service and also the ability to track spend is nice but thats table stakes today for energy providers so Im being generous. We’ll be looking for another provider ASAP. Shame really, they used to be disruptive and great…

Name
NameCentral Desert, NT

Not much point without the discounts

Used to be awesome now they've stopped doing discounted power packs so I don't really see the point of them

Here are some more words so that this review is accepted

Used to be good but no longer

Prices have increased without adequate explanation and discounted rates are now severely limited. Very disappointed that the company seems to have lost its competitiveness price wise so now I am researching alternatives. Disappointed also to see a green energy initiative fail.

JLA
JLAAU

Used to be good but sadly no longer good value.

Have been happy with Powershop for sometime now. Unfortunately I don’t receive power packs like before. Rarely get them.
Is it because we have solar and are in credit, perhaps they want me to pay full Price to use this.
Not the service we used to have.
Will
Be looking elsewhere unless they make some changes.

kamakura
kamakuraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Used to be great... Became stressful to deal with them now

Price increases, meter reading issues, difficulties applying for utility relief grant, kept messing up my concession information...etc. Had to call them so many times because they wouldn't update my details correctly, making me miss out on discounts. Also did something illegal when they forced me on a payment plan when struggling with financial hardship which they are not allowed to do and that money didn't even go towards my bills. No trail of where that money went. Shady company that cannot be trusted anymore. Used to be the best before it became another corrupt and greedy company

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Time to change providers, paying way too much.

Have been with Powershop for many years, and found the bulk packs saved me money although estimated power-usage definitely worked in Powershop's favour, not mine. Now, suddenly, the option for bulk savings have disappeared, after also being significantly reduced last year. I believe they've been bought out by an English company, does this explain the change? Am changing providers anyway, cannot afford their ludicrous prices anymore even if pandemic permitted me to work full-time (which it doesn't). I must be only one of many!

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Powershop changed the shop experience instead of having to buy power to get discounts there was an overall reduction on standard rates for most customers, Powershop Australia was not brought by an English company.

Cheers, Jamie.

Terrible Changes

As a foundation member who's been thrilled with the company, I have become so disappointed with the price changes i will be leaving. It's been a great company until now. Terrible shame it has lost its point of difference and become like the rest.

AdamSydney, NSW

Charged for energy I didn’t use.

Powershop does not actually come out and check your meter, they “estimate” how much power you used and then send you a bill. I was charged $300 for a months worth of power, and when I double checked the meter myself I had used roughly 1/4 of the power they were charging me for. What kind of company charges you for a service and then puts the responsibility on you to make sure you’re checking your own meter and not over paying.

Glenda
GlendaSydney Surrounds, NSW

The new changes are terrible!

Jurgen
JurgenSydney, NSW

Discounts have disappeared unless pre-purchase 3 months upfront

Not the cheapest out there but you can pre-buy chunks with discounts. Joined 3 months ago and OK price wise fro first 3 months. Discounts have disappeared unless you buy 3 months up front. Stay well clear.

KayLNorth Western Region, NSW

Changing rates

I had electricity only. Set up process was easy. No dropouts. Over time my electricity bills became more expensive. I could not keep up with the meter reads. I looked back and the rates had increased drastically by approx 6c/pkw without my knowledge. When I looked at my rates in menu it was still listed at the cheaper rate. Then they started taking different amounts each month out of my bank account. I am changing provider.

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Are you able to send us an email at complaints@powershop.com.au with your account number? I will get someone to have a look over your account and correspondence, Thanks, Jamie

Riccardo
RiccardoSydney, NSW

This company has lost sight of their values

Mick L.Sydney, NSW

0 out of 5 for customer service.

Customer service is non-existent. I had constant billing problems with them. Every month there were promises by call operators to fix the errors but nothing ever changed. They don't care.

Rates and Fees
Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Hi Mick L - I'm sorry for the service you have received. Are you able to email through to complaints@powershop.com.au so we can take a look over your account and see what has been happening? Many thanks - Chloe

Mick L.

After months of me sending monthly complaint emails to Powershop , It's too late to start "caring" now!
I left Powershop for Tango Energy and feel great about my decision.

St Kilda
St KildaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Powershop s a massive disappointment

When I joined Powershop approximately 4 years ago, it was terrific and I recommended Powershop to a lot of friends. I liked it's disruptive model and easy access to control your own spending and budgets. Now, there are virtually never any power pack savings - it is telling me I have saved $80 in the last 12 months whereas it used to be $100's of dollars. I am about to go back to a traditional energy billing model because these guys have totally lost sight of their own bulk buying vision. And don't bother waiting for a response if you have a query...

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Hi St Kilda - thanks for taking the time to write a review. Are you able to contact us at complaints@powershop.com.au - this way I can look into your rates and make sure you are getting the best savings! Many thanks, Chloe

Conscious energy use

I have been with Powershop for over a year and a half now and haven't had any problems at all. I live in a share house 4 other environmentally-minded friends and we all appreciate the ability to monitor our electricity usage and pay month by month. Having the option of purchasing electricity from renewables is great as well! The one time I have had to speak to the service team (moving house) was super easy and the lady that helped me was very friendly.

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Hi Josh - thank you very much for your wonderful review! If there is anything we can help you with, please feel free to get in touch! Cheers - Chloe

Absolute rip. False advertising. First month bill and changing providers immediately!!!!

I was told a price but this only applies to certain times of the day. Their rates change and they charge what they want at different times. Absolute lies told over the phone but they word it to suit their sales pitch. 100% do not go with these guys.