2.4

30% · 172369 · 64%

Frederique R.
Frederique R.3 posts

Powershop greenwash

After being with Powershop for several years on and off, I am switching to another cheaper and more ethical company. Powershop is no longer what it used to be, its prices have increased and the recent announcement of Shell taking over The company is the final straw. This is nothing less than greenwash and evidence Powershop is no longer committed to sustainable energy. At a time when the effects of climate change and global warming are increasingly evident, it is unconscionable. I suspect Powershop will lose many customers because of this decision and that is the price the company will have pay for making such a terrible decision.

Neil H.
Neil H.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Recently aquired by a company hell-bent on exterminating life on planet earth

Powershop was recently sold to a fossil fuel giant that undermines the credability of the original company's ethos, and has been the very reason I have concsiously supported them to date. Don't further line the pockets of this climate vandal. Voting with your wallet is all this company will respect. Don't join and get out if you are already a customer.
Blake
Blake

Now owned by huge polluter Shell

Would not recommend getting energy from Powershop now that they have been bought by the Shell company meaning the energy is by default not renewable. I will be looking elsewhere for an independent 100% renewable option.
Lloyd
LloydSydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts

Sold out to Shell. Nothing green about them

I've been disappointed with their service for a while now. Dodgy estimates of usage, ultra low solar feed-in-tariffs, difficult and dismissive customer service.
However, at least they were one of the (or the most) "green" power companies.

Unfortunately, they couldn't resist become zillionaires by selling out to the worst climate criminals in history. Yep. Like a villian story straight out of Captain Planet.

Selina Rose Cracknell
Selina Rose CracknellQueensland2 posts

Jin Yan J.
Jin Yan J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Service

I was never on the phone for more than 2 minutes until someone answered. The guys aren't just friendly, they actually know their stuff to be helpful. Very happy with their service and pricing. Have both our properties with Powershop, electricity and gas.
Joseph
JosephSydney, NSW

Cameron P.
Cameron P.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Millie
MillieSydney, NSW7 posts

Money can be better spent

I really wanted it to work out with Powershop but they wasted hours of my time. Check out Future super if you want to make a difference. Avoid these unprofessional jokers

rpep
rpepCulburra Beach2 posts

Confusing

Found it very confusing. You purchase power before you use it and then you still end up with a bill.
Expensive, which i don't mind if it really is green but i just got left with a bad taste.
Purchased solar and will move to another provider.
CRM
CRMGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
Chris F
Chris FGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

I loved Powershop, but will leave asap

Used to get value by pre-purchasing pack with discounts, which I loved checking and keeping on top of. No worthwhile discounts now. I will dump them as soon as possible. Ciao!
Mel
Mel

Don’t Bother With This Company

Supposed to be green but solar feed in tariff at 5c says it all. Costs us more for supply than usage these days. Used to be great company but that’s over. Moving on.
vonette
vonette

Use to be good - not any more

Price increases and no discounts.
Time to move on.
I had 4 accounts with powershop and have been with them for many years.
But recently they have changed the way they operate and the last 2 accounts have issues with meter readings and calculations.
Very disappointing.
fnord
fnordSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Used to be an interesting idea

The bulk-buy pre-paid packs are now effectively gone, and the FIT is just insulting now. I don't mind the idea of using my solar+battery, but selling power back to the grid at a 3.5c when I'm paying six times that for inbound electrons is at some point just taking the crap. None of the promised integrations have appeared, no VPP is on the radar, and the daily usage charge goes up with monotonous regularity. Can no longer recommend them, and I guess this is why they've made their referral bonus so generous lately.
Peter G.
Peter G.Sydney, NSW

Julian
JulianSydney Surrounds, NSW

AVOID

Powershop linked my fresh account to the shop that was below my place of residency. This led to me being overcharged. I noticed this with the first bill they sent me, I opted out and switched providers. It's been a year, I don't even live in that place anymore and Powershop is STILL trying to get money from me that I didn't accrue with their service.
Avoid them like the plague, take up a life crippling drug addiction, it would probably be far less painful then ever dealing with Powershop.
Daffy Duck
Daffy DuckSouth East Queensland, QLD14 posts

Powershop Australia   DM

I do apologise for the delay, the refund has been started today. Jamie

Monica J.
Monica J.3 posts

Terrible customer service

I live alone in a one bedroom apartment. Usual electricity bill is 60-70 dollars per month. Powershop were unable to read the meter because of covid restrictions and so did an estimate which was $223 - almost 4 times my usual usage. They don’t reply to emails, have had them on the phone twice with no resolution. I will be changing providers.
Mike
Mike2 posts

Unauthorized transfer

Apparently we were set up with them, despite the fact that no one in this household has asked to be transferred to them from our current providers. I don't trust a company that does that.
Melbourneite
MelbourneiteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts

No longer worth it

We’ve been with them years, like many others here we no longer are offered any bulk discounts, its much more expensive. I noticed also quite a while ago they made it harder to track the discount by not providing a percentage saving. Ive given one extra star (2 star) as they used to be good, had great customer service and also the ability to track spend is nice but thats table stakes today for energy providers so Im being generous. We’ll be looking for another provider ASAP. Shame really, they used to be disruptive and great…
Name
NameCentral Desert, NT2 posts

Not much point without the discounts

Used to be awesome now they've stopped doing discounted power packs so I don't really see the point of them

Here are some more words so that this review is accepted

Peter R.
Peter R.

Used to be good but no longer

Prices have increased without adequate explanation and discounted rates are now severely limited. Very disappointed that the company seems to have lost its competitiveness price wise so now I am researching alternatives. Disappointed also to see a green energy initiative fail.
JLA
JLAAU4 posts

Used to be good but sadly no longer good value

Have been happy with Powershop for sometime now. Unfortunately I don’t receive power packs like before. Rarely get them.
Is it because we have solar and are in credit, perhaps they want me to pay full Price to use this.
Not the service we used to have.
Will
Be looking elsewhere unless they make some changes.
Powershop Australia   DM

We want the experience at Powershop to reflect what our customers want and need. We listen to our customers and we’ve heard the call for simplicity. There was a price change at the same time the shop changed also.

Cheer.

Jamie.

kamakura
kamakuraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC12 posts

Used to be great... Became stressful to deal with them now

Price increases, meter reading issues, difficulties applying for utility relief grant, kept messing up my concession information...etc. Had to call them so many times because they wouldn't update my details correctly, making me miss out on discounts. Also did something illegal when they forced me on a payment plan when struggling with financial hardship which they are not allowed to do and that money didn't even go towards my bills. No trail of where that money went. Shady company that cannot be trusted anymore. Used to be the best before it became another corrupt and greedy company
John Murphy
John Murphy2 posts

Time to change providers, paying way too much

Have been with Powershop for many years, and found the bulk packs saved me money although estimated power-usage definitely worked in Powershop's favour, not mine. Now, suddenly, the option for bulk savings have disappeared, after also being significantly reduced last year. I believe they've been bought out by an English company, does this explain the change? Am changing providers anyway, cannot afford their ludicrous prices anymore even if pandemic permitted me to work full-time (which it doesn't). I must be only one of many!
Powershop Australia   DM

Powershop changed the shop experience instead of having to buy power to get discounts there was an overall reduction on standard rates for most customers, Powershop Australia was not brought by an English company.

Cheers, Jamie.

Ann
Ann Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Terrible Changes

As a foundation member who's been thrilled with the company, I have become so disappointed with the price changes i will be leaving. It's been a great company until now. Terrible shame it has lost its point of difference and become like the rest.
Adam
AdamSydney, NSW2 posts

Charged for energy I didn’t use

Powershop does not actually come out and check your meter, they “estimate” how much power you used and then send you a bill. I was charged $300 for a months worth of power, and when I double checked the meter myself I had used roughly 1/4 of the power they were charging me for. What kind of company charges you for a service and then puts the responsibility on you to make sure you’re checking your own meter and not over paying.
Glenda
GlendaSydney Surrounds, NSW7 posts

Jurgen
JurgenSydney, NSW2 posts

Discounts have disappeared unless pre-purchase 3 months upfront

Not the cheapest out there but you can pre-buy chunks with discounts. Joined 3 months ago and OK price wise fro first 3 months. Discounts have disappeared unless you buy 3 months up front. Stay well clear.
KayL
KayLNorth Western Region, NSW2 posts

Changing rates

I had electricity only. Set up process was easy. No dropouts. Over time my electricity bills became more expensive. I could not keep up with the meter reads. I looked back and the rates had increased drastically by approx 6c/pkw without my knowledge. When I looked at my rates in menu it was still listed at the cheaper rate. Then they started taking different amounts each month out of my bank account. I am changing provider.
Riccardo
RiccardoSydney, NSW

Mick L.
Mick L.Sydney, NSW2 posts

0 out of 5 for customer service

Customer service is non-existent. I had constant billing problems with them. Every month there were promises by call operators to fix the errors but nothing ever changed. They don't care.
Powershop Australia   DM

Hi Mick L - I'm sorry for the service you have received. Are you able to email through to complaints@powershop.com.au so we can take a look over your account and see what has been happening? Many thanks - Chloe

St Kilda
St KildaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Powershop s a massive disappointment

When I joined Powershop approximately 4 years ago, it was terrific and I recommended Powershop to a lot of friends. I liked it's disruptive model and easy access to control your own spending and budgets. Now, there are virtually never any power pack savings - it is telling me I have saved $80 in the last 12 months whereas it used to be $100's of dollars. I am about to go back to a traditional energy billing model because these guys have totally lost sight of their own bulk buying vision. And don't bother waiting for a response if you have a query...
Powershop Australia   DM

Hi St Kilda - thanks for taking the time to write a review. Are you able to contact us at complaints@powershop.com.au - this way I can look into your rates and make sure you are getting the best savings! Many thanks, Chloe

Josh
Josh

Conscious energy use

I have been with Powershop for over a year and a half now and haven't had any problems at all. I live in a share house 4 other environmentally-minded friends and we all appreciate the ability to monitor our electricity usage and pay month by month. Having the option of purchasing electricity from renewables is great as well! The one time I have had to speak to the service team (moving house) was super easy and the lady that helped me was very friendly.  Show reply
Louisa E.
Louisa E.

Absolute rip. False advertising. First month bill and changing providers immediately!!!!

I was told a price but this only applies to certain times of the day. Their rates change and they charge what they want at different times. Absolute lies told over the phone but they word it to suit their sales pitch. 100% do not go with these guys.

Caroline - Sera
Caroline - SeraSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Expensive

I have just built a house with solar panels which are said to be free but you have to sign a 5 year contract with power shop. Firstly my electricity bill is higher than anyone who doesn't have solar explain how that works???
Matthew
MatthewGippsland, VIC

Not sure where this is going?!

Hi, I feel like the mega packs did provide opportunity to the consumer to get better rates. Seems they may not have been that good after all(?). It is expensive but I decided to bite the bullet for the rebellion. Now, i am loosing faith in this company as others before it.
Please show me how and why you are worth the extra x% of cost! And show me what your environmental impact is in commoner terms!
Dave
DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Bad experience

I was off put by the manner of the telephone operator. I was wanting to talk precise details as I am a technical kind of person, however the operator seem unprepared and dismissive. Going elsewhere.
Powershop Australia   DM

Hey Dave, I'm sorry you had this experience with our team. We pride ourselves in our customer service and would like to look into this further. Are you able to send us an email at complaints@powershop.com.au? - Thanks, Chloe

katiemcshop
katiemcshopSydney, NSW3 posts

I recently had a problem with Powershop - but they resolved it

I had an issue with my bill as the person reading the meter - who is not from Powershop - had read it wrong. It took a bit of back and forth due to their complicated billing procedures, but Powershop eventually resolved the issue in my favour. It’s always good to know that if there is an issue, that the organisation has processes in place to resolve them - which they did.

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now