Listing monitored by Powershop Australia

• Rates and Fees

James M.
James M.

Big oil. Bigger disappointment.

When I signed up I thought the platform was interesting, with prepaid deals and stuff, bit of energy use data. Was not the cheapest but it was carbon offset and kinda cool.

One day the little prepaid deals stopped coming. I wondered what happened.

Then I learned through the news that Powershop had been quietly bought out by the evil Royal Dutch Shell. I am not going to pay for a company like that to greenwash their crimes.

Josh F.
Josh F.Sydney, NSW

NOW OWNED BY SHELL!!! The most evil polluters in history.

Sold to Shell Oil & Gas to get rich.

Your money will now go into the pockets of one of the worst polluters and climate manipulators in history!

So disappointed with them.

James
James

Untrustworthy and owned by Shell

Moved to the company for the green power. Now they are selling out to shell, one of the companies most responsible for climate change. This company can not be trusted and is definitely not the green option.

Island Girl
Island GirlCowes

They won't be loyal or give you the best rate but they'll spin it like a politician and avoid the question.

They notified us they were passing on the additional 84 hours a week of off peak afforded to them by the wholesaler and then reneged but still dropped our feed in tarrif. We have been with Powershop for probably a decade. I knew I could get cheaper power, but I stuck with them because of their environmental credentials. They offer lower rates to new customers, I know this because I asked after seeing my rates were higher than their lowest offer on the government's electricity comparison website. Still I stuck with them. I guess I'm just sick of them playing the victim, passing on the few cents of price drop on the power feed in and ignoring the massive savings they receive on the off-peak period which they don't pass on.

Alan
Alan

Leaving after 7 years

They used to be great, but the past couple of years their level of service, pricing and transparency has really fallen. The Shell sellout put the final nail in their coffin.

Saul
SaulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Heartbreaking sellout

Am leaving Powershop after many years of loyalty and recommendations to others because they have sold out to Shell, one of the biggest polluters in history. What a heartbreaking disappointment. Really thought Powershop were a brand to be proud of. Not anymore.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Mick G.
Mick G.

Selling out to Shell is NOT Energy you can be proud of

Given the recent sell out to Shell - the whole ethos of this company now seems to be null and void. Not happy. And switching to another company. Cheers Powershop. What a shame

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Sold to Shell, what the hell? Like Sea Shepherd being sold to a Japanese Whaling Company.

Disgusted with the sale to one of the worlds highest polluters and blockers of climate change initiatives. We have left after years of supporting Powershop. Meridian leadership should be ashamed. This is like if Sea Shepherd were sold to a Japanese Whaling company.

prana69
prana69

Powershop just bought out by a fossil fuel company. I'M LEAVING!

I've been a loyal Powershop customer since they started in 2010. I have always advocated for their business model and their ethics and approach to the environment. But that ended on Monday when it was announced that Powershop had been acquired by Shell - environmental vandals! I'm gone and I hope others leave too!

Frederique R.
Frederique R.

Powershop greenwash

After being with Powershop for several years on and off, I am switching to another cheaper and more ethical company. Powershop is no longer what it used to be, its prices have increased and the recent announcement of Shell taking over The company is the final straw. This is nothing less than greenwash and evidence Powershop is no longer committed to sustainable energy. At a time when the effects of climate change and global warming are increasingly evident, it is unconscionable. I suspect Powershop will lose many customers because of this decision and that is the price the company will have pay for making such a terrible decision.

Neil H.
Neil H.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Recently aquired by a company hell-bent on exterminating life on planet earth.

Powershop was recently sold to a fossil fuel giant that undermines the credability of the original company's ethos, and has been the very reason I have concsiously supported them to date. Don't further line the pockets of this climate vandal. Voting with your wallet is all this company will respect. Don't join and get out if you are already a customer.

Now owned by huge polluter Shell

Would not recommend getting energy from Powershop now that they have been bought by the Shell company meaning the energy is by default not renewable. I will be looking elsewhere for an independent 100% renewable option.

Lloyd
LloydSydney Surrounds, NSW

Sold out to Shell. Nothing green about them

I've been disappointed with their service for a while now. Dodgy estimates of usage, ultra low solar feed-in-tariffs, difficult and dismissive customer service.
However, at least they were one of the (or the most) "green" power companies.

Unfortunately, they couldn't resist become zillionaires by selling out to the worst climate criminals in history. Yep. Like a villian story straight out of Captain Planet.

This company is a rip off

Joseph
JosephSydney, NSW

Used to be a gem, but now a dud