Listing monitored by Powershop Australia

• Rates and Fees

Jordan
JordanSydney, NSW

Complete scam artist. No transparency! Charges $150 per week?!?! Do not sign up

Fast set up. Fast to rip you off. Set up process was done within 30 mins. No drop out just standard power. Just complete scam artists that will take hundreds from your account with out a full explanation of the charges

Charlie B.
Charlie B.Illawarra, NSW

Not green .

This company use to be green but is now owned by one of the worlds biggest polluters. This is what happens when you sell out your morals for money. Shame

Nat
NatSydney Surrounds, NSW

Poor communication and openness.

View poor communication, changed to a smart meter and all my prices went up without them telling me. Called them, got told they will look into and call me back…. No one called me back. Good that they are carbon neutral but not worth the hassle. Do not recommed.

Manfred K.
Manfred K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sadly this company is now owned by a big conglomerate and not as green at all. No longer a customer

We thought we were installing green power but now that they have been taken over by a giant polluter, this is no longer the case. Initially it was great and had a fabulous rating. Don't be fooled by their awards... they were before the change in ownership. So disappointed!

Continual dropouts
Continual dropoutsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst Customer Service Ever

My meter was "unable to be read" not sure why as it is visible and accessible from the street, so I sent in a self read. In response I received an estimated bill more than FOUR times the usual amount! When I called to complain I was told that Powershop have "no discretion in the amount charged". When I took my complaint to the Ombudsman Powershop then admitted that they do have discretion. A bunch of liars with truly abysmal customer service. Have now moved my account. Do not sign up with Powershop.

Bruce
BruceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lies and nothing but more expensive than who we wher with before

We were told that our power would be up to 100 dollars less a quarter. It is and has been 100 dollars more... this is how you rope us in well tomorrow we spit you out and go back to who we were with befor your company and the person we spoke with just lie....
We used to pay about $370 a quarter now we pay around $597.
But here is the thing we now have one less person I the house...
The word theft comes to mind......

MadeleineG
MadeleineGMyocum

Disappointing.

Powershop used to be green - now it's not. It used to have packs that saved you money by buying in advance - now they rare. It has a woeful solar feed-in tariff, compared with other companies.
And it has a billing system that has got to be the most bizarrely complex that I've encountered - and spins out to a dozen plus pages sometimes, if you dare print it.
The only good thing about it is the app that allows you to see your use - & the solar feed-in (& the money you've lost due to their woeful tariff.)

ServicesElectricity

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

What a shame to sell out to Shell

I was happy with Powershop until it was bought out by Shell. Not keen for my energy money to go into a multinational that profits from non-renewables and climate change denial. Plenty of other good options with better business models and pro-environmental impact.

ServicesElectricity
jan
janVictoria

Powershop is awful, definitely do NOT recommend, too many errors.

I am a new customer to Powershop. I received my first bill and I new that it could not be correct as it was excessive, so I contacted them and they said that they 'guessed' the amount. I sent them a photo of my gas meter reading and the corrected the amount (still seemed excessive for how much I use gas). They then over 1 month sent me 2 new bills, each with different amounts!!! I again had to contact them about this ridiculous error and I have not heard back from them.
Frankston, Victoria.

Powershop A.Powershop AustraliaSend a private message

Jim
JimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Big oil. Bigger disappointment.

When I signed up I thought the platform was interesting, with prepaid deals and stuff, bit of energy use data. Was not the cheapest but it was carbon offset and kinda cool.

One day the little prepaid deals stopped coming. I wondered what happened.

Then I learned through the news that Powershop had been quietly bought out by the evil Royal Dutch Shell. I am not going to pay for a company like that to greenwash their crimes.

Josh F.
Josh F.Sydney, NSW

NOW OWNED BY SHELL!!! The most evil polluters in history.

Sold to Shell Oil & Gas to get rich.

Your money will now go into the pockets of one of the worst polluters and climate manipulators in history!

So disappointed with them.

James
James

Untrustworthy and owned by Shell

Moved to the company for the green power. Now they are selling out to shell, one of the companies most responsible for climate change. This company can not be trusted and is definitely not the green option.

Island Girl
Island GirlCowes

They won't be loyal or give you the best rate but they'll spin it like a politician and avoid the question.

They notified us they were passing on the additional 84 hours a week of off peak afforded to them by the wholesaler and then reneged but still dropped our feed in tarrif. We have been with Powershop for probably a decade. I knew I could get cheaper power, but I stuck with them because of their environmental credentials. They offer lower rates to new customers, I know this because I asked after seeing my rates were higher than their lowest offer on the government's electricity comparison website. Still I stuck with them. I guess I'm just sick of them playing the victim, passing on the few cents of price drop on the power feed in and ignoring the massive savings they receive on the off-peak period which they don't pass on.

Alan
Alan

Leaving after 7 years

They used to be great, but the past couple of years their level of service, pricing and transparency has really fallen. The Shell sellout put the final nail in their coffin.

Saul
SaulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Heartbreaking sellout

Am leaving Powershop after many years of loyalty and recommendations to others because they have sold out to Shell, one of the biggest polluters in history. What a heartbreaking disappointment. Really thought Powershop were a brand to be proud of. Not anymore.

ServicesElectricity and Gas