Listing monitored by Powershop Australia

• Rates and Fees
Louise B.
Louise B.Victoria

Started off happy but went downhill. Then they sold to Shell

Hannah
HannahGippsland, VIC

Selling out to Shell and compromising their values and customers

I have only very recently joined Powershop however I have just switched due to the recent announcement of the company being bought by Shell. Everything that they stood for with regards to environmental protection and climate policy is no longer believable when partnering with an enormous polluter. I hope many others make the same choice to leave.

fnord
fnordSouth East Queensland, QLD

Used to be an interesting idea

The bulk-buy pre-paid packs are now effectively gone, and the FIT is just insulting now. I don't mind the idea of using my solar+battery, but selling power back to the grid at a 3.5c when I'm paying six times that for inbound electrons is at some point just taking the crap. None of the promised integrations have appeared, no VPP is on the radar, and the daily usage charge goes up with monotonous regularity. Can no longer recommend them, and I guess this is why they've made their referral bonus so generous lately.

Melbourneite
MelbourneiteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No longer worth it

We’ve been with them years, like many others here we no longer are offered any bulk discounts, its much more expensive. I noticed also quite a while ago they made it harder to track the discount by not providing a percentage saving. Ive given one extra star (2 star) as they used to be good, had great customer service and also the ability to track spend is nice but thats table stakes today for energy providers so Im being generous. We’ll be looking for another provider ASAP. Shame really, they used to be disruptive and great…

Name
NameCentral Desert, NT

Not much point without the discounts

Used to be awesome now they've stopped doing discounted power packs so I don't really see the point of them

Here are some more words so that this review is accepted

Used to be good but no longer

Prices have increased without adequate explanation and discounted rates are now severely limited. Very disappointed that the company seems to have lost its competitiveness price wise so now I am researching alternatives. Disappointed also to see a green energy initiative fail.

kamakura
kamakuraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Used to be great... Became stressful to deal with them now

Price increases, meter reading issues, difficulties applying for utility relief grant, kept messing up my concession information...etc. Had to call them so many times because they wouldn't update my details correctly, making me miss out on discounts. Also did something illegal when they forced me on a payment plan when struggling with financial hardship which they are not allowed to do and that money didn't even go towards my bills. No trail of where that money went. Shady company that cannot be trusted anymore. Used to be the best before it became another corrupt and greedy company

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Glenda
GlendaSydney Surrounds, NSW

The new changes are terrible!

St Kilda
St KildaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Powershop s a massive disappointment

When I joined Powershop approximately 4 years ago, it was terrific and I recommended Powershop to a lot of friends. I liked it's disruptive model and easy access to control your own spending and budgets. Now, there are virtually never any power pack savings - it is telling me I have saved $80 in the last 12 months whereas it used to be $100's of dollars. I am about to go back to a traditional energy billing model because these guys have totally lost sight of their own bulk buying vision. And don't bother waiting for a response if you have a query...

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Hi St Kilda - thanks for taking the time to write a review. Are you able to contact us at complaints@powershop.com.au - this way I can look into your rates and make sure you are getting the best savings! Many thanks, Chloe

Lukadyne
LukadyneSydney, NSW

Extraordinarily expensive and unrealistic

Opted to be socially responsible with my power choices, however are receiving extraordinarily high power bills far greater than any level of use documented by my previous supplier.

Wouldn't recommend unless you can afford $200+ per 14 days for electricity.

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Thanks for your review, Lukadyne. Something doesn't sound quite right - can you please email complaints@powershop.com.au so we can look into your account further? Many thanks, Chloe

Lisa
LisaMelb

USED TO BE EASY TO USE, now quite odd

Tried to buy more power and the shop has changed. It is unclear how the buying system now works and I got weird messages in the shopping cart about needing to tell them how much I wanted to buy - despite selecting an option. I can't be bothered with a company who make changes that a) don't support up to date browsers and b)have no clear instructions for consumers. And YES, I went into the shop to find out more and was greeted with advertising bumpf that made nothing clearer.

Zejja

Used to be good. Now not good at all

Started out great. Good discounts, mega packs, good discounts. Now, discounts are less that 2% when the average seems to be 11%. I also found out, by saving energy, they put my rates per kWh up, so really, saving energy made my bills more expensive. I found this by going to Facebook and reading the comments from other users. Switching on principle. You've lost me Powershop

SophieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Work order submitted to the wrong address... twice!

Excited to save money and support a greener company... that is if my electricity gets connected! Wrong suburb submitted on the work order twice, and no service on weekends. Really?

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Hi Sophie, really sorry to hear that there's been an issue getting you connected. We're keen to make this right - if you're able to send through a DM with your account details I'd love to help. Thanks, Peter

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Thanks Sophie - I've sent your details through to Chloe, our Customer Solutions Lead, who will investigate what happened and be in touch with you directly to make things right. Glad you're connected now. Peter

Steve
SteveMelbourne

Don't bother reading your meter - its a waste of time.

Steve G.
Steve G.Sydney, NSW

Would not recommend them

Was with them for about 8 months, I dont think they ever actually came to read my meter, constant estimate bills and was estimated really low. They will always ask for a meter self read when its their job to read the meter. Ended up with a large bill when I decided to cancel because they finally sent someone out to read my meter and realised that they had been under estimating me by significant amounts. Have switched to another provider now.