Listing monitored by Powershop Australia

• Rates and Fees
casper_juz
casper_juz

Sign Up good, single rate good, exit horrible

First Few Years Good ~ Very Different Now

When I needed to interact with Powershop people they were very helpful ~ the usage charts and graphs were handy and easy to follow ~ and I liked having options when choosing bulk buy power packs. When they disappeared couched in ‘spin’ I was disappointed ~ but still hung in ~ however the Shell sellout made the decision to find another retailer.

ServicesElectricity
rpep
rpepCulburra Beach

Confusing

Found it very confusing. You purchase power before you use it and then you still end up with a bill.
Expensive, which i don't mind if it really is green but i just got left with a bad taste.
Purchased solar and will move to another provider.

ServicesElectricity
JLA
JLAAU

Used to be good but sadly no longer good value.

Have been happy with Powershop for sometime now. Unfortunately I don’t receive power packs like before. Rarely get them.
Is it because we have solar and are in credit, perhaps they want me to pay full Price to use this.
Not the service we used to have.
Will
Be looking elsewhere unless they make some changes.

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Matthew
MatthewGippsland, VIC

Not sure where this is going?!

Hi, I feel like the mega packs did provide opportunity to the consumer to get better rates. Seems they may not have been that good after all(?). It is expensive but I decided to bite the bullet for the rebellion. Now, i am loosing faith in this company as others before it.
Please show me how and why you are worth the extra x% of cost! And show me what your environmental impact is in commoner terms!

Linden
LindenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for green energy but... beware

Beware of pricing plans. The shopper plan requires you every time to go online and add to cart a package to get some discount - I thought it was jut pay with direct deposit before the due date. This was not clear enough when signing up. I have thus lost probably $20 per bill because I did not know I had to go online and buy the pack. So, if you choose them, go with the light plan, it's automated.

Dont buy Asus laptops
Dont buy Asus laptopsgold coast

pros and cons for Powershop

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
P Sok
P SokMelbourne

No discount

Customer service was very good and respond every quickly.
Connection was fast and easy.
However, there is no discount if you pay by due date, only if you shop from their app and you have to pay straight away and won't help much either with the price.
With other company, at least we get 10-17% discount when we pay on their due date. So far I got zero discount, disappointed!

ConsumerMan
ConsumerMan

False and Misleading Advertising

Powershop are advertising on Facebook that their NSW prices have dropped from 1 July 2018. It is true, their usage rate has reduced ever so slightly but beware of their false and misleading advertising because their daily supply rate has increased and all discounts on all their power packs have reduced considerably, far outweighing the slight “drop” in usage rate, not to mention their reduction is solar FiT. Do your calculations dear customer and make sure Powershop is still delivering the best deal for you in 2018/19.

Laura M.
Laura M.Sydney, NSW

Just moved off Powershop after 1 year

I was with Powershop for about a year. I just moved to a property with gas and wanted to switch to a service that offered both. Powershop was ok but it's hard to remember to regularly check your meter and log your meter read. The whole process of buying credit in advance, the monthly power packs & flash sales becomes confusing and I'm not sure I really saved any money during my time with them, even following what I thought was best practice. Too much trouble for too little pay off. One thing they don't say on their website is how to cancel - for those wondering I used the email contact form to ask and it was all done over email with a specified disconnection date.

arameda
aramedaAU

Powershop isn't keeping up.

Powershop were great until they stopped bothering to keep up in QLD.

They buy their power from the NEM like everyone else but refused to discount their power like they do in every other state. I left Powershop for a 28% discount after they would only allow a 15% "Bulk" discount if I bought 90 days of power in one go. AGL isn't the same but they have an energy tracking app and are significantly cheaper.

I love the app and the service from PS but its a hefty premium for a company that claims to be both green AND affordable. Let me know once you come back to the party after such a promising start.

Bridget B
Bridget BSydney

Better than the rest

The electricity provided by Powershop is consistent - I signed up with them for environmental reasons (which they don't seem to see as such a 'thing' any more). I stay with them for this reason, even though their billing system is opaque. You can save power if you buy in advance, but who's got time for that?

Carol73
Carol73Essendon

Solar buy back rate is poor

For a company that advocates solar power, the buy back rate for solar panels is really poor and it should give customers a better incentive to stay.

Long
LongSouth East Queensland, QLD

Some saving but need effort to attend billing

I am with Origin and calculated potential saving if I switch to Powershop. I am in QLd and have Tariff T31 (I.e. control load 1). With my last bill usage (1280 kWh peak and 855 kWh T31) it costs $620 with Origin and would cost $600 with Powershop (15% discount included). So for me the potential saving is $20 a quarter. This is not enough to entice me to do switch since the billing with Origin is an email per quarter whereas with Powershop I have to login at least once a month, and to have all the hassles that other reviewers have mentioned.

John297