Listing monitored by Powershop Australia

• Rates and Fees
Jin Yan J.
Jin Yan J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Service

I was never on the phone for more than 2 minutes until someone answered. The guys aren't just friendly, they actually know their stuff to be helpful. Very happy with their service and pricing. Have both our properties with Powershop, electricity and gas.

Conscious energy use

I have been with Powershop for over a year and a half now and haven't had any problems at all. I live in a share house 4 other environmentally-minded friends and we all appreciate the ability to monitor our electricity usage and pay month by month. Having the option of purchasing electricity from renewables is great as well! The one time I have had to speak to the service team (moving house) was super easy and the lady that helped me was very friendly.

Powershop A.Powershop Australia

Hi Josh - thank you very much for your wonderful review! If there is anything we can help you with, please feel free to get in touch! Cheers - Chloe

katiemcshop
katiemcshopSydney, NSW

I recently had a problem with Powershop - but they resolved it

I had an issue with my bill as the person reading the meter - who is not from Powershop - had read it wrong. It took a bit of back and forth due to their complicated billing procedures, but Powershop eventually resolved the issue in my favour. It’s always good to know that if there is an issue, that the organisation has processes in place to resolve them - which they did.

Mac
MacGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sceptical of the recent changes

I researched power options for some time before opting for Powershop. I opted for them due to their environmental stance and their megapacks. Just months in, I was notified that megapacks were to be discontinued. This makes Powershop far less attractive, as they were a means to reduce cost considerably. In return, Powershop were paid in advance. Not sure I’ll stay with them now.

Salman S.
Salman S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Powershop app and customer service are both fantastic

They are easy people to deal with. your bill overdued they just combine with your next bill - no drama
no dishonour fee or things like that, you can always ask them to postpone a payment due date,
Their app is clear as hell and no body gets confused. overall, good rating, but the issue is that they change the rate ..... which is a bit sneaky.

User friendly app

Powershop mobile app is very user friendly with great user experience. It's easy to navigate to different types of power and check my daily consumption. I really enjoy it. The only reason why I dropped out is the rate.

benny
bennyRYDE

Good if you know what your doing

If you are one of those people that uses power and waits for a bill every quarter, stay away from powershop, its not for you. If you are someone who wants to understand power usage, pay upfront to get discounts and have a better visual via an app of what is going on then you'll love it. Have been with powershop over 2 years across 2 properties. Current house I get a daily update broken down hourly of my power consumption including solar export via the smart meter. Great way to understand & manage power usage.

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Tassie Tiger
Tassie TigerMurray Region, NSW

A different energy retailer

Good customer service

Sandy was very helpful and patiently walked me through how to buy energy on the Powershop website. I was querying a recent bill that was much higher than it usually is. I’d forgotten that I had the aircon running more than usual. She worked out how I could get a discount and said I could send a photo of the meter reading to her and she would enter it for me for next time :)

Caitlin K.
Caitlin K.

Very easy to work with

I've been with Powershop for about 3 years and am very happy with their service. Always very easy to communicate with, and to keep up to date with our own energy usage. Power is going up everywhere but Powershop gives the advantage of discounts if you bulk buy in advance and give options to buy 'green' power or 'community' energy. Yes it is marketting, but as long as the money goes into the green hydro or other schemes, I am more than happy to continue my business with them.

Mike W
Mike WCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

My 10 Months with Powershop.

Good if you managed to solve their billing algorithm

Chaz
ChazBroadway

It's all about the rate and daily supply - read on!

I have been with PS shop since April 15 through GetUp's recommendation which is really why I went with them. A year in, I compared the amount paid to the previous supplier Energy Aus and it was lower by about $80. So the saving was enough to stay with PS. Of course another year in I had nothing to compare PS's annual cost which was around $100 more. But energy costs rose across the board so copped the increase.
This is what I do know - Rates and Supply. 26.94c/kWh and 83.66c/day. So if any of the big 3 can better this by a considerable amount then there's no point changing. Plus it's a great boycott. Afterall they've profited off me for decades!

Wendy
Wendy

I don't get all the fuss.....

CSCMelbourne

Not as bad as some reviewers say

CSC

Not sure why my review can no longer be edited? Would be downgrading to 3 star because savings are harder to get eg. future packs now being offered only 1 month in advance and other retailers now match or beat the solar rebate.