Optimum Induction Pressure-Cook Pro

Optimum Induction Pressure-Cook Pro

Bec
BecMid North Coast, NSW

The most awful pressure cooker I have ever owned

I have used pressure slower cooker for over 20 years.
I have not even had it 12 months
It burns never knew they could burn!!
It says its on for 1hr nearly 2 hours later it’s still going!!
I would not of used it 6 times! I hate it! the coating is cracking and peeling off tried to call them they don’t answer!! Very disappointed!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Looking for Pressure Cookers?

Read the reviews for Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Ad
EmilyQueensland

Where is the cookbook?

I struggle to cook with this machine as there are only very basic instructions and no cook book to follow. I, like others, have scoured the internet and froothie own website for recipes but cannot find any. The cookbook links sent to me were for items I don't have. For basic items it cooks well. A book to follow would be great especially if you have to add items as you go.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Emily

Finally got the cook books. Yahoo!

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

I had to return as it was faulty

I had to return this product twice - I was finally given a refund
Quite annoying - ended up buying one locally and it is great!
It is a pity because it looked like a great product in the advertisement but I was sorely disappointed
At least I was offered a refund

Date PurchasedOct 2017

I ended up buying a Phillips All In One

Pressure Cookers

Find out how Optimum Induction Pressure-Cook Pro compares to other Pressure Cookers

noodle
noodleMelbourne

Had to return.

Was excited to find this product as we desperately needed to replace our old pressure cooker, however it turned out to be no good, ended up returning and bought a traditional stove-top pressure cooker instead and it's been great. This might be good for others but doesn't suit our needs. The service is great though, fast delivery and return.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Honestly, VERY difficult to work out this machine

We have only recently just purchased this machine and upon pick up I asked if a cookbook was included in the box. At the time I was advised that an e-cookbook would emailed to me. No such email arrived.

Although I have scoured the internet, there are no cookbooks online. I am quite disappointed. I had very high expectations of this machine.

The additional problem is that the machine has an annoying American voice for voice prompts that I cannot work out how to turn off!! I will return the machine if I cannot turn this feature off.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

No cook book

We were surprised that there was no cook book included as it is difficult to work out how to use it without examples. We found the User manual vaugue and it looks like a great machine but we are having a bit of trouble working out dishes to cook in it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Looking for Pressure Cookers?

Read the reviews for Philips Original All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2237/72

Ad
Lynne in the Sun
Lynne in the Sun

Good with a shortcoming

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Don mcPerth, WA

Takes a while to get the hang of the menu

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Don mc

The apricot chicken came out perfect 3 hours slow cook high. Used apricot nectar as liquid . Also diced celery for flavour . Tip cut the carrot and celery very fine unless you want it a dente

Don mc

Silverside was excellent 4 hr on slow cook high, did not dry out in the fridge . Had cold meat for 4 days

See all Optimum Induction Pressure-Cook Pro reviews

Liz whiteasked

Hi do you have recipie book please I'm in the UK and I didn't get one with my machine, is it possible to could put some recipies up on here for me I've googled and I've searched YouTube but found nothing, please I need some help to use my machine, Thank you.

John C
John C

If you go to the optimum website they will send you a pdf copy of recipies.

Liz white

Do you have the details for the website please

Liz white

One last question do you need to put liquid I need when using the Defrost setting please, there is no mention how to use it and I want to use it properly, Thank you .

Liz whiteasked

Hi I want to roast a whole chicken but the booklet tells you not to use without liquid in it how do I roast a chicken then?

Hello Liz,

you can add some oil.

Here are example instructions for roasting chicken:
In a small bowl, combine paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper. Rub seasoning over outside of the chicken
Heat oil in the pressure cooker to shimmering. Add chicken, breast side down, and cook 6-7 minutes.
Flip the chicken and add broth, lemon juice and garlic cloves.
Lock pressure cooker lid and set for 25 minutes on high.
Let the pressure cooker release naturally.
Remove from pressure cooker and let stand for 5 minutes before carving.

Here are more delicious recipes: http://optimumappliances.com/assets/manual_pdf/EN/Induction_PressureCook_Pro_Recipe_Book.pdf

Hope that helps!

regards
Andrea

Liz white

Thank you but what setting do I put it on ? And what do you use DIY setting for?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Liz, see manual page 8.

MENU 2 for Meats default cooking time for this program is 35min, max time is 2hrs and minimum time is 15mins. ( cooking time can be adjusted for all functions)
So I would first use the minimum setting of 15min, then flip the chicken and add broth, lemon juice and garlic cloves and set for 25-35min on the meat program.

DIY means you can set more settings for yourself

Hope that helps :)

Stephen S
Stephen Sasked

Hi
I recently won this item in a competition i was wondering how i get the e-cookbook? email address is [email removed]

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Stephen, thank you for your message. Please contact our customer service team via email at support@froothie.com.au and they will be able to personally assist you. We hope this helps :)

See all Optimum Induction Pressure-Cook Pro questions