2Prime Pet Insurance

23% · 1239 · 75%

RJay
RJayPerth4 posts
  Prime Pet Insurance

Dog poisoning was considered an "illness"

Rejected claim for emergency treatment on a Sunday morning because it was considered an illness despite my dog requiring liver and kidney function tests and follow up treatment. Nothing was covered. Cancelling the policy is very difficult. Make sure you deny them access to your bank when you escape this con!!!!

Prime Pet Insurance   DM

Please send us your policy details via a private message here: external link  and we will have a Claims Manager get in touch with you shortly. Thank you

J.R.
J.R.

Stay away from Prime Pet Insurance

Prime Pet Scam ... Two dogs individual policies top level, try making a claim you will get no where. Customer service, accident cover forget it - just false advertising & lies.

Prime Pet Insurance   DM

Hi JR, we're disappointed to hear you have had a negative experience with us. If you'd like to discuss this further please send us a private message with your policy details and we will arrange for a Claims Manager to contact you directly, thank you.

G.Y. Land
G.Y. LandGarran 2605, ACT140 posts
Nolsi
Nolsi6 posts
Jack
Jack
  Prime Pet Insurance

Scam company does not pay out

Our dog was baited and this company turns around and says no we can't cover your vet fee as there is a waiting period like what if it was something that was like a surgery for ligaments but a waiting period for a pet that has been baited buyer of policies beware they make their justifications on not to pay out to suit themselves.

Jacqui1962
Jacqui1962AU3 posts

not good enough

I had no trouble taking out insurance for my border collie and recently lodged a claim for a dental bill only to find that they require 4 years health history. I sent them every account since I purchased the dog but that's not enough. I'm very close to contacting consumer affairs.

Anneke
Anneke
  Prime Pet Insurance

Best insurance claimed experience I have ever had

Only had a policy for two months when my pup was poisoned and needed intensive care in hospital- claim was paid within two days, got 85% Of 3200 bill. Thank goodness we had insurance. Claim super easy just uploaded receipts and in two days money was in my account! Absolutely super service

JanallPerth, WA27 posts
tv2
tv2Melbourne7 posts

Efficient

Have had the insurance for couple of years, never expecting to have to claim. Then our three year old cat started having seizures. After many consults, several specialist appointments, which included an MRI and fluid extraction from the brain, plus medications, I made the claims for several thousand dollars, and received excellent refunds back, very quickly. We have had no problems, which is a relief when you are trying to make sure your pet is okay, but it costs so much. Thank you. Recommended.

Josie
JosieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Terrible Service

I took out cover with this company over the phone. I have now tried to cancel within the 21 day cooling off period but apparently I can not cancel over the phone or by email. They want me to send a letter in the mail! Poor service and definitely doing this to make it as difficult as possible to cancel so they can keep taking your money. If I can take out cover over the phone why can't I cancel over the phone. Very poor.

Clark
Clark
  Prime Pet Insurance

Terrible Claims Process, awful staff!

Made a claim for tonsilitius.

3 weeks they've been telling me the claim is assessed and approved but they don't know why it's not released for payment.

Staff refuse to escalate to a team leader.

3 emails of complaint with no response.

Every time I call they say the same thing, I'll review it and it it's not released Friday call us back.

No accountability.

No service standards.

gcleanth
gcleanthAU

High benefits & low excess

You pay a little more for this but it's worth it for the higher coverage, the dental inclusions and the $0 excess available. Much happier paying a set monthly amount than bulk expenses that pop-up randomly.