Primus Mammoth DualZone 118L

See the Best Portable Fridges / Freezers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Well built great design

I've been using my mammoth 118 litre dualzone for about three weeks now and I think it's brilliant! It keeeps everything cold on fridge side and everything frozen on freezer side, even on the hot days (38+). I filled it with all our meats (vacuum sealed), vegetables, salads, yoghurt, milk, icecream, eggs. Enough for my whole family of 6 for a few weeks, it was full!. The temperature stayed constant at my set temperature of 2 degrees, varying 1-2C above and below the set temperature (freezer side stayed pretty much constant) It has exceeded by expectations considering the few reviews I read! It is heavy when it's all loaded up but you have to expect that considering its size. From empty, it dropped the temperature from 30C to 2 degrees in about 15-30 min, so very good insulation. I powered it via my arkpak with a 100ah lithium battery installed which was recharged via my 300 watt folding solar panels. The solar panels would fully recharge the battery in around 6-7 hours with good sunlight. I didn't have to once use my generator in the 3 weeks of use. Only thing I've done is removed the cigarette lighter connection and fitted a 50 amp Anderson plug, as the 12 volt plug felt to get a little warm sometimes but no issues with the Anderson plug! And I've purchased the protective cover for it need to protect the investment if nothing else.

Purchased in June 2019 at https://www.bbqspitrotisseries.com.au/?gclid=CjwKCAjwvJvpBRAtEiwAjLuRPaJt1Nfn_kpDUR5n_eL9-ma_OB7MO3VFjRjCrFRp2QRAWWz72e-mYRoCb-EQAvD_BwE for $995.00.

Great fridge

Had this since August 2015 we use it at home as well as away camping . Only problem we had was the fan carked in april 2018 .. was fixed in a week under warranty (3yrs) . We have the 118L no regrets buying it . Works off the dual batteries no problem .

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Reliable

We purchased Dual zone 118ltr last October 2014. We get 66hrs running off a 85ah battery in our vehicle. We used it constantly for 2 mths in a tent in temperatures over 30 degrees Celsius and hasn't faultered. Overall in 4 mths it has been on all but a couple weeks hasn't let us down.

See all Primus Mammoth DualZone reviews

My mammoth turned itself off and I can not get it turn back on. I have checked fuses and power source and there good only had it for 3 months. Any ideas?
Sorry I’m unable to help you with this issue. How disappointing for you. Hope you find the reason quicklyTdd if you ave done all the above as well as tried it on 12 volt, your solar system ( if you have one) and 240 power then I suggest you get in touch with the primus (Barry) service dept. Thet were more tan helpful to me, though there is no making up for the inconvenience it causes. Good luck, it's a shame they are not as reliable as we would wish because the concept is brilliant. GUSOurs is doing similar, did you find out the answer?

CategoryPortable Fridges / Freezers