Primus Mammoth DualZone 65L

25 questions from our users

Greg M

Greg Masked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

How to turn off one side of the fridge

Blakey
Blakey

Hi Greg , I have no idea , sorry

pat
pat

Depending on which side you want to turn off, press and hold either the up or down button.

Mary B.

Mary B.asked

Is E1 a power shortage screen message

Ian W.

Ian W.asked

E3 code what does it mean

Ryan Trent

Compressor motor failure. Plugged mine into 240v and back into 12v and worked. Give that a go? The error sounds serious though. Not sure if I was just lucky

Trentasked

afternoon all
i have a 65l flexi zone but the larger compartment just wont cool at at all
all gauges says its working
the other side (smaller side ) works fine on fridge or freezer

anyone can help me ?

Lethal
Lethal

Had the same problem with failure on 12 Volt, purchased an Engel

yeh might have to
do you know where I can get a copy of the user manual , searched everywhere and no luck ?

Lady Jane

Lady Janeasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

what is the warranty period? it just died used 3 Jan perfect 20 Jan would not cool fan and controls work but would not cool

Kinga2993

Kinga2993asked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Hi I have got a mammoth 65l dual zone fridge freezer, have owned for 1 year tomorrow has been great , but one problem I am having now is when on 12volt temps on both sides seem to keep rising to about 12 degrees both sides are set to 3 degrees but just doesn't seem to get down but when I'm 240volt works perfectly ? Would any one have one ideas? cheers

Markus
Markus

It's sounds like the controller. I have the same fridge and my temperatures were slow to cool and in my case one side would cool first and the other side not drop until one side was cold. Very random, but a new controller fixed it (that was about 14 months ago). Changing the controller is really easy too, so you could probably save a few bucks changing it yourself. That being said I just went to use my fridge last weekend and it had lost all its gas. Once I found out it was unrepairable I pulled it apart to find all the coils around the containers were all badly rusted (I have photos but can't share it here), so make sure you keep the inside as dry as possible or you'll probably get the same issue in the future as me.

Ryan Trent

Can you share link where we can buy a controller from?

Matthew D.
Matthew D.

Was this issue fixed with controller? mine is doing the same will not go under 18c even though set for 2c, but works fine on 240v this is my second primus to do so, first one was replaced 1 month after purchase now 5 years later same bug

Russell K

Russell Kasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Could any one tell me what E5 error is on my mammoth dual zone fridge happens on 240volt?

Ryan Trent

Overhe. Checked of fans blowing?

Jake W

Jake Wasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

So my duel zone second one under warranty last one lasted 5 days this one has done 8 days now it’s running for about 30 seconds then turning off and keeps repeating this process every now and then they fridge throws an e3 code up which there is nothing about in the manual any help would be Appreciated otherwise will go through the warranty process again this is on 240v and 12v.

Steven
Steven

Mine had same error code both 12 and 240v .. it turned out to be the internal fan . Fixed on warranty.

Greedy1143

Greedy1143asked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

I have an E1 error, compressor kicks in and fan runs, but not for long then flashes the E1 error?
What could this be?

Jono M.
Jono M.

Mine does this anyone know what it is?

Benny M.
Benny M.

Hey mate mine is doing the same thing did you find out what is was buy any chance

Justin

Justinasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Dose it store standing on its end turned on or off?

red t

red tasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

How do you set the temp?

Shaneasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Hi, does anyone know what a F1 error is on a 65lt dual zone?

Dave G
Dave G

I have a Primus version of this fridge. E1 is power or wiring issue. Not sure on F1 though.

Shane

Thanks Dave, I know about the E1, this F1 got me baffled. The fridge is now working fine.

Ian W

Ian Wasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Fridge runs on main power no issue but when switch to battery and solar after an hour it bleeps and flashes LL every 30 seconds
Bloody annoying but keeps temp. Any ideas to stop bleep?
Thanks Ian

d w
d w

Have tried altering the battery monitor setting on the fridge?
Are you running the solar panel to the battery through a rectifier?

Put it in the sea use it 4 a fish trap

Dallas

Don't worry about it sell it

Dan

Danasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Hi guys i own the 65L dual zone mammoth, recently when i turn it on with eco and low setting. Sometimes it will shut off within one hour or even a whole day.. deep cycle battery is fine and charged by a 110w zolar panel 24/7.... pretty stumped on it tbh. Could it be the cable being not big enough? And would the cigarette lighter plug cause issues also.. cheers

Dallas

I have duel batry wired to batrey pack

GUS

Dan my 65l runs fine on the cig plug and wire supplied. Have you run it on 240? Try that it may be the panels not putting enough into the battery to run it until next day. If you live in hot climate it runs a lot of time especially if it's set on freeze.

matt

mattasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

my 65L keeps coming up with E1 on the screen whats does this mean?

Alex grammatikos
Alex grammatikos

The unit has a cut off when you are using on a battery if your battery gets to a low level to save your battery power the fridge will shut off .switch you power on your fridge to a setting low so your fridge run a little longer you may need to place a Solar panel to replenish your battery

Michael Norris

Michael Norrisasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Hi guys I have a PRI65LDZM model not sure of what version and have had for few years now, got out for xmas and unit powers up and condenser fan starts although compressor doesn't. Question I have will the unit hold out compressor if ambient temperature to hot? (30C) Fridge compartment temp 23-125C. There are no error codes so not sure what's occurring. I have a fridgy background and I've looked into electronic starter, which isn't putting variable voltage out so looks to be pointing at the the starter module. Although as no errors wondering if ambient temperature holding out. I've tried both 12VDC and 240VACV supplies and operations are both the same. Electronic starter SECOP 101N0500. Regards Michael Aust.

GUS

Hi Michael, i am sorry to tell you but I think your fridge is cactus, that is what my original one was doing( the fan running but not getting cold). With mine it was a leak in the pipework within the walls of the unit. Give primus a try and see if they will come party as they did with mine. Today here in Brisbane it was 36C and the fridge was running at 3-4C in the back of my ute which was 44C at 2Pm. That's a big ask for any fridge. I hope they do something for you, I found Their service bloke Barry to be a reasonable fella. Good luck.

macka

mackaasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

My mammoth dual zone beeps about 3 minutes is this normal?

Mish

Mine was doing that also but for longer. If I turn off the power & then on again, it’s stops. I have no idea why it all of a sudden started doing it.

Dave

Daveasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Hi guys just got a series 1 primus 65l dual zone but can work out how to set the temp. We use the large side as a freezer and the smaller side as a fridge. But we have to lower the small side (fridge) to freezing just to get the larger one below freezing. Anybody have a manual for the first 65lt dual zone primus, the blue one.
Cheers

Wiffco
Wiffco

Ok Guys this is an easy one for this Fridge. You cannot have the smaller side as a fridge and the larger side as a freezer. You can only have, freezer-freezer, or fridge-fridge or fridge-freezer with large side as fridge and small side as freezer. Says this in the manual.

Hannah M

Hannah Masked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

I have a series one primus dual zone fridge freezer, I believe. It's definitely not the series three anyway. Does any one have the instruction manual for this series? I've looked online and can online find the series 3. I can't seem to get the fridge or freezer temperatures separate. I'm trying to use the smaller section for the fridge and the larger section as the freezer. If I set the fridge compartment. At +2 or 3 I can't set the freezer section to anything below this. Hope this makes sense!

Roger
Roger

Mate I think you'll find that the larger side can only be used as a freezer only if the smaller side is on freezer temperatures, ie you can have both sides as a fridge or both side as a freezer or the smaller side a freezer with he larger side a fridge but you cant have the smaller side a fridge and the larger side a freezer.....................hope that makes sense?

Jo P

Jo Pasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Just curious, we own a Mammoth fridge/freezer combo and wanted to use the bigger side as a fridge and the smaller side as a freezer.

Can this be done?

GUS

Yeah Jo, that's the way I run mine. You generally have less frozen stuff, so the small sides the best. Gus

Mathew R