Primus Mammoth DualZone

Primus Mammoth DualZone Questions & Answers (page 2 of 4)

65L, 118L, 72L, 92L

72 questions from our users

Laurence T

Laurence Tasked

Mammoth DualZone 72L

what temp would i set freezer at when travelling

Ryan Trent

I had a temp sensor, if you need it to freeze, set to lowest possible (-18 I think mine would go up by 5' before starting to cool again

kbsaab

kbsaabasked

What does E1 mean indeed out

Voltage. L/M/H settings. Try set to L or use 240v and try

Trentasked

afternoon all
i have a 65l flexi zone but the larger compartment just wont cool at at all
all gauges says its working
the other side (smaller side ) works fine on fridge or freezer

anyone can help me ?

Lethal
Lethal

Had the same problem with failure on 12 Volt, purchased an Engel

yeh might have to
do you know where I can get a copy of the user manual , searched everywhere and no luck ?

Philip

Philipasked

Mammoth DualZone

I have a 3 year old mammoth Primus fridge freezer. Has been no trouble but this time it doesn’t,t matter what we set the compartments to it just freezes everything all the time. I have tried it both on 240volts and 12 volts and no difference. Seems to me k
Like maybe there is a thermostat that is not working?.
Any thoughts???
Philip

d w

Sounds like a faulty thermostat.

Lady Jane

Lady Janeasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

what is the warranty period? it just died used 3 Jan perfect 20 Jan would not cool fan and controls work but would not cool

Kinga2993

Kinga2993asked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Hi I have got a mammoth 65l dual zone fridge freezer, have owned for 1 year tomorrow has been great , but one problem I am having now is when on 12volt temps on both sides seem to keep rising to about 12 degrees both sides are set to 3 degrees but just doesn't seem to get down but when I'm 240volt works perfectly ? Would any one have one ideas? cheers

Markus
Markus

It's sounds like the controller. I have the same fridge and my temperatures were slow to cool and in my case one side would cool first and the other side not drop until one side was cold. Very random, but a new controller fixed it (that was about 14 months ago). Changing the controller is really easy too, so you could probably save a few bucks changing it yourself. That being said I just went to use my fridge last weekend and it had lost all its gas. Once I found out it was unrepairable I pulled it apart to find all the coils around the containers were all badly rusted (I have photos but can't share it here), so make sure you keep the inside as dry as possible or you'll probably get the same issue in the future as me.

Ryan Trent

Can you share link where we can buy a controller from?

Matthew D.
Matthew D.

Was this issue fixed with controller? mine is doing the same will not go under 18c even though set for 2c, but works fine on 240v this is my second primus to do so, first one was replaced 1 month after purchase now 5 years later same bug

Russell K

Russell Kasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Could any one tell me what E5 error is on my mammoth dual zone fridge happens on 240volt?

Ryan Trent

Overhe. Checked of fans blowing?

Mark G

Mark Gasked

Mammoth DualZone 92L

What is E1 error on primus mammoth 92 l flexi zone fridge?
Have set the temps on both sides and this has come up.
Food is gonna spoil.

Steven

Error 1 is saying there is a fault in the circuit .. mine was the faulty fan. Error 3 is power supply especially if you are on battery camping

Jake W

Jake Wasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

So my duel zone second one under warranty last one lasted 5 days this one has done 8 days now it’s running for about 30 seconds then turning off and keeps repeating this process every now and then they fridge throws an e3 code up which there is nothing about in the manual any help would be Appreciated otherwise will go through the warranty process again this is on 240v and 12v.

Steven

Mine had same error code both 12 and 240v .. it turned out to be the internal fan . Fixed on warranty.

Greedy1143

Greedy1143asked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

I have an E1 error, compressor kicks in and fan runs, but not for long then flashes the E1 error?
What could this be?

Jono M.
Jono M.

Mine does this anyone know what it is?

Benny M.
Benny M.

Hey mate mine is doing the same thing did you find out what is was buy any chance

Darren B.
Darren B.

Check page 4 and look at Battery Monitoring section. Needs to be changed as charge in battery decreases and caused our E1 https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1071517/Primus-Pri45lm.html

Wormie

Wormieasked

Mammoth DualZone

My74l mammoth chills on 240 but won't on 12v. Any ideas?

Steven

Possibly your connection most likely . We have 118L mammoth and it runs off dual batteries no problem . I have 2 x 105ah batteries. I have run it off 1 battery and had no problems

Tubby

Tubbyasked

Mammoth DualZone

I have a pri74lm. Only had it 4 years fried taking it to fnq on a trip fridge kept flicking onto Error unable to handle humidity think l will buy an engel at least reliable even in full sun very disappointed typical cheap crap. Would appreciate any feed back or help to rectify its problem.

d w

Mine lasted 4 years and ran out of gas. If the leak is in the compressor cavity you may be able to fix it. Otherwise it’s a throwaway. Cheap product built in obsolescence. I went and bought an Engel and the quality was immediately apparent. Engel and evacool are the only portable fridges able to be repaired.

Danielasked

Mammoth DualZone 92L

I have the 92l original model. It’s not getting down to temperature plugged in all day on max and ac power. Is the compressor stuffed? Is it worth fixing?

d w

If the compressor is working it’s it that. It is out of gas. If the leak is any where other than the compressor cavity you can take it to the tip and buy an Engel or evercool which are the only portable fridges able to have the cooling pipes repaired

Daniel

Thanks for that i had a look where the compressor is located and couldnt see any leaks. Have actually had to hire an engel for the weekend just to get by.

Mary lego

Mary legoasked

Mammoth DualZone

If eski fridge works but not getting really cold n wont freeze , Does it need regasing?

d w

This exactly what happened to my primus. If it has lost the gas anywhere other than in the cavity where the compressor is, you can throw it away as it is not servicable. I threw mine away and bought an Engel. These and evacool are the only servicable portable fridges available here in Australia. It cost me $110 service to find this out.

Justin

Justinasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Dose it store standing on its end turned on or off?

Elise

Eliseasked

Mammoth DualZone

Hi, we have just purchased a 72l dual zone and are supposed to be heading away in the morning. This afternoon the display stopped working but the motor was still working. My husband read the manual and it suggested checking the fuse. He turned the fridge off to check the fuse, it was fine but now it won’t turn on at all and still no display. Any ideas?

d w

Perhaps the fuse needs a little wiggle or is faulty.
Try pressing the two temp adjusting buttons simultaneously
Better still take it back and buy an Engel. You won’t be sorry.

red t

red tasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

How do you set the temp?

Shaneasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Hi, does anyone know what a F1 error is on a 65lt dual zone?

Dave G
Dave G

I have a Primus version of this fridge. E1 is power or wiring issue. Not sure on F1 though.

Shane

Thanks Dave, I know about the E1, this F1 got me baffled. The fridge is now working fine.

Ian W

Ian Wasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Fridge runs on main power no issue but when switch to battery and solar after an hour it bleeps and flashes LL every 30 seconds
Bloody annoying but keeps temp. Any ideas to stop bleep?
Thanks Ian

d w

Have tried altering the battery monitor setting on the fridge?
Are you running the solar panel to the battery through a rectifier?

Put it in the sea use it 4 a fish trap

Dallas

Don't worry about it sell it

Peterblack66

Peterblack66asked

Mammoth DualZone

I have a Primus Duo 2012, the light and open alarm in the freezer has just started staying on when the lid closes. Is it the sensor or the magnetic seal?

Sencer