Primus Mammoth DualZone

Primus Mammoth DualZone Questions & Answers (page 3 of 4)

65L, 118L, 72L, 92L

71 questions from our users

Lesbee

Lesbeeasked

Mammoth DualZone

I have Primus 74litre using it as freezer only it stops running and comes up with error e3 or sometimes e5 then will restart on its own . It’s set as minus 18 but will only get down to minus 10 any ideas?

Tracey G

Tracey Gasked

Mammoth DualZone

What is eco mode 60lt Flexi zone?

Dan

Danasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Hi guys i own the 65L dual zone mammoth, recently when i turn it on with eco and low setting. Sometimes it will shut off within one hour or even a whole day.. deep cycle battery is fine and charged by a 110w zolar panel 24/7.... pretty stumped on it tbh. Could it be the cable being not big enough? And would the cigarette lighter plug cause issues also.. cheers

Dallas
Dallas

I have duel batry wired to batrey pack

GUS

Dan my 65l runs fine on the cig plug and wire supplied. Have you run it on 240? Try that it may be the panels not putting enough into the battery to run it until next day. If you live in hot climate it runs a lot of time especially if it's set on freeze.

Haylee

Hayleeasked

Mammoth DualZone 92L

how do I shut down one chamber of my Prints Mammoth 92L I tried pressing mode until on the chamber and press off but that's not working please help

Ingrid
Ingrid

Press & hold the up arrow (left side) or down arrow (right side) for a few seconds to turn off. Do the same again to turn on.

d w
d w

Just hold the two temp switches for that side until it shuts off

matt

mattasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

my 65L keeps coming up with E1 on the screen whats does this mean?

Alex grammatikos
Alex grammatikos

The unit has a cut off when you are using on a battery if your battery gets to a low level to save your battery power the fridge will shut off .switch you power on your fridge to a setting low so your fridge run a little longer you may need to place a Solar panel to replenish your battery

Michael Norris

Michael Norrisasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Hi guys I have a PRI65LDZM model not sure of what version and have had for few years now, got out for xmas and unit powers up and condenser fan starts although compressor doesn't. Question I have will the unit hold out compressor if ambient temperature to hot? (30C) Fridge compartment temp 23-125C. There are no error codes so not sure what's occurring. I have a fridgy background and I've looked into electronic starter, which isn't putting variable voltage out so looks to be pointing at the the starter module. Although as no errors wondering if ambient temperature holding out. I've tried both 12VDC and 240VACV supplies and operations are both the same. Electronic starter SECOP 101N0500. Regards Michael Aust.

GUS

Hi Michael, i am sorry to tell you but I think your fridge is cactus, that is what my original one was doing( the fan running but not getting cold). With mine it was a leak in the pipework within the walls of the unit. Give primus a try and see if they will come party as they did with mine. Today here in Brisbane it was 36C and the fridge was running at 3-4C in the back of my ute which was 44C at 2Pm. That's a big ask for any fridge. I hope they do something for you, I found Their service bloke Barry to be a reasonable fella. Good luck.

Tdd

Tddasked

Mammoth DualZone 118L

My mammoth turned itself off and I can not get it turn back on. I have checked fuses and power source and there good only had it for 3 months. Any ideas?

Mish

Sorry I’m unable to help you with this issue. How disappointing for you. Hope you find the reason quickly

GUS

Tdd if you ave done all the above as well as tried it on 12 volt, your solar system ( if you have one) and 240 power then I suggest you get in touch with the primus (Barry) service dept. Thet were more tan helpful to me, though there is no making up for the inconvenience it causes. Good luck, it's a shame they are not as reliable as we would wish because the concept is brilliant. GUS

Elise
Elise

Ours is doing similar, did you find out the answer?

macka

mackaasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

My mammoth dual zone beeps about 3 minutes is this normal?

Mish

Mine was doing that also but for longer. If I turn off the power & then on again, it’s stops. I have no idea why it all of a sudden started doing it.

Dave

Daveasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Hi guys just got a series 1 primus 65l dual zone but can work out how to set the temp. We use the large side as a freezer and the smaller side as a fridge. But we have to lower the small side (fridge) to freezing just to get the larger one below freezing. Anybody have a manual for the first 65lt dual zone primus, the blue one.
Cheers

Wiffco
Wiffco

Ok Guys this is an easy one for this Fridge. You cannot have the smaller side as a fridge and the larger side as a freezer. You can only have, freezer-freezer, or fridge-fridge or fridge-freezer with large side as fridge and small side as freezer. Says this in the manual.

Hannah M

Hannah Masked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

I have a series one primus dual zone fridge freezer, I believe. It's definitely not the series three anyway. Does any one have the instruction manual for this series? I've looked online and can online find the series 3. I can't seem to get the fridge or freezer temperatures separate. I'm trying to use the smaller section for the fridge and the larger section as the freezer. If I set the fridge compartment. At +2 or 3 I can't set the freezer section to anything below this. Hope this makes sense!

Roger
Roger

Mate I think you'll find that the larger side can only be used as a freezer only if the smaller side is on freezer temperatures, ie you can have both sides as a fridge or both side as a freezer or the smaller side a freezer with he larger side a fridge but you cant have the smaller side a fridge and the larger side a freezer.....................hope that makes sense?

Jo P

Jo Pasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Just curious, we own a Mammoth fridge/freezer combo and wanted to use the bigger side as a fridge and the smaller side as a freezer.

Can this be done?

GUS

Yeah Jo, that's the way I run mine. You generally have less frozen stuff, so the small sides the best. Gus

Mathew R
Mathew R

Yes we been on road 6 months no problems 3 and minus 10 r our settings

Markusasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

I've had a Primus Mammoth 65L Dual Zone fridge for a while and not had any issues until our last camping trip (last weekend). We are finding the fridge is struggling to cool down and in particular the smaller compartment (the one over the compressor) is extremely slow. This in on both an AC and DC supply.

At one stage for every degree the large compartment dropped the small compartment went up a degree. From starting as about 11 degrees in both compartments (both set to 4 degrees), by the time the large compartment got to 4 degrees, the small compartment was sitting on 21 degrees.

Once the large compartment got to its set temperature (4 degrees) the small compartment started to decrease at a reasonable speed. Though once both compartments got to 4-5 degrees they struggled to stay there.

Any advice on what the issue and how we can get it fixed it would be much appreciated. I'm guessing a gas leak, but am hoping not.

GUS

Markus, the second fridge they sent me did very much the same thing. I phoned the warranty section at primus inmelbourne and had it replaced with number three. The question is how long have you had your fridge, it's irrelevant if it is a number of months out of warranty as a product must be 'Fit for purpose', which is the consumer law, this is what my solicitor daughter put in the email to primus and probably the reason I got a replacement. Good Luck their fridges might not be the best but their warranty seems to be ok. Gus

Markus

Thanks Gus, I'll look into it.

Triciaasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Only just bought my Primus Mammoth 65 litre flexizone fridge freezer. Can anyone tell me what the desired temperature settings are for fridge section and freezer section so I have a starting point.

GUS

Tricia, first off don't loose you receipt of purchase, just in case you NEED it. No to the temp question, I run my fridge section on 3c and the freezer side on -8c. This seemed to be good enough to keep the food and drinks good in my fridge and still be able to run on the solar power system I have. Good luck with your primus dual zone, the concept is great but the quality seems to be lacking, thou if you look at the reviews on ALL portable fridges they all seem to have their problems, even the Engels. GUS

Tricia

Thanks for the heads up Guss.

chickenfeed

chickenfeedasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Where can I get an operating manual online...????

Billasked

Hi,

I'm doing a trip up the east and the e1 error has just appeared. Freaking out as I'm going to be on fraser island in a week. It's connected to 12v on dual battery system, i checked the battery with multimeter and its reading 13v. I put the protection cutout on low and it's running on eco mode. Anything I can check myself to diagnose the problem? The fridge is only 1 month old. Cheers

Lloydybw
Lloydybw

Other than buy an engel I can't help sorry. My primus fridge has been a headache since day 1.

Markus

The E1 error means either low DC or internal error. Did you end up solving it?

Bill

Yeah i did, my mates battery connection came loose. I was gonna go engel but happy I didnt now. For the amount of time I use it (under 10 days a year) it does the job. It also lasted fraser island in 40 degree heat so happy days for a week and a half

John Molijn

John Molijnasked

Mammoth DualZone 65L

Can I replace cigarette lighter plug with a Anderson plug ?

as long it only runs on 12v

Trub

Trubasked

Mammoth DualZone

Had mammoth duel zone for year or so no problems but now when you plug it in it powers up for couple seconds then dies but light still on inside. Any ideas what the problem is?

baldy

sorry not had this problem you will have to ring primus/companion

Trish

Trishasked

Mammoth DualZone

Less than 12 months old and have had no problems until now. We've just arrived at a camp site to realise the unit appears to be not working. The display screen is showing E1. Have checked fuses and wiring and sll appear OK .. Any ideas as to what would cause this and how to fix it ?? Thanks

baldy

sounds as your circuit board has failed if this is case you will have to get fridge mechanic confirm get price first as parts could be as much as new fridge
if this is case look at alternative fridge
regards

X15rocket
X15rocket

I had an E1 code. I rang Primus Australia They were very helpful. I was using a Deep Cycle battery to run the fridge No problems for 2 days. Then E1 code on display
E1 - battery flat. Conected to mains power - no problem. Next time I'll make sure to recharge charge the battery before I leave. and connect the solar battery to the battery to top up the charge

Hans
Hans

Battery monitoring system switches the fridge off if your battery voltage drops below a certain level.
This level is user adjustable. My LM74 stopped working on battery, slightly panicking that I had bought a secondhand dud.
I adjusted the monitoring level to the lowest level and she runs great.
Check your battery monitoring system so it's not set too sensitive.

Roy m

Roy masked

Mammoth DualZone

Just brought one yesterday, set it up, read all instructions, left side on 5 degrees right set on -1. Placed a carton of beer in left side overnight. This morning, the right side displaying +10, left side -15, all beer frozen, check to make sure had the correct sides set, all is right by instruction book. Can someone tell me why this could be happening please?

Stecar
Stecar

Havent had that happen . Possibly the power may have been cut off and its just gone to default setting . Suggest reset empty if it does it again may be faulty unit. Cant offer much more.

baldy

you have problems because these items are not very good quality and I would never buy one again as service is very poor you should look at technice flidges

Niczilla
Niczilla

Did you find the answer to this? I'm having the same issue....

Gwenp

Gwenpasked

Mammoth DualZone

What does the eco mean and should it always be set in eco?

check your instructions

Shaun brown
Shaun brown

Not sure on exact tollerances
But on eco mode the set temperature will be more tolerant to variances
For example.
A fridge set to 5℃ will go up to 8℃ before compressor kicks in and cools fridge back down to probably 4℃ in eco mode. If eco is not set. It will have less temperature tolerance and compressor will probably kick in at about 6℃ and try keep it at exactly 5℃ or set temp.
This will chew more power