Primus Mammoth DualZone

Primus Mammoth DualZone Questions & Answers (page 4 of 4)

65L, 118L, 72L, 92L

72 questions from our users

Gwenp

Gwenpasked

Mammoth DualZone

What does the eco mean and should it always be set in eco?

check your instructions

Shaun brown

Not sure on exact tollerances
But on eco mode the set temperature will be more tolerant to variances
For example.
A fridge set to 5℃ will go up to 8℃ before compressor kicks in and cools fridge back down to probably 4℃ in eco mode. If eco is not set. It will have less temperature tolerance and compressor will probably kick in at about 6℃ and try keep it at exactly 5℃ or set temp.
This will chew more power

Johnasked

Mammoth DualZone

Bought a very little used companion dual zone XERO 65l fridge/freezer. Of course seller couldn't find the instruction manual. Does anyone know where I could get a copy? Cheers, John

try companion

John

Will give it a go. Thanks

Ann Cossey
Ann Cossey

Hi did you get a manal if you did 't I could hep you Ann

Ballidukiwi

Ballidukiwiasked

What does E5 code mean?

baldy

I do not know but E5 would be some sort of error check you instructions if nothing ring companion/primus and see if they can assist ,best of luck

Niczilla
Niczilla

Did you find the answer to this? I'm having the same problem...

Garry B

Garry Basked

Mammoth DualZone

How do I restart the primus 65dz after a power interruption during a cycle?

baldy

I had a primus 111 not mammoth but as long as fuze ok and no damage to circuit board once you reconnect it should start
regards

Geoff

Geoffasked

Mammoth DualZone

We have a 65 l mammoth dual zone fridge. It runs smoothly on 240 v but when running on 12 v after a short period of time (from 1-3 hours) it is blowing the fuse on the 12 v battery fuse but not the fuse on the fridge. We have tried up to 25 amp fuse and it still blows. Any suggestions on what might be the problem? Thanks in advance.

baldy

not sure but sounds as though have a bad short in circuit board will have to take it to repairer hope its still in warranty
regards

Perry

hi can you let me know as i have one like to know

it will be in the cord 12volt

jrhealy

jrhealyasked

Mammoth DualZone

Does anyone know where I can get the user manual for the DualZone? Or tell me how I turn each side on and off?
My car was stolen, which of course had my manual inside.
Cheers!

Phill
Phill

do you still need instructions send me your email ill see if i can find mine we got 65 ltr dual zone Companion

Sam Russo

Sam Russoasked

Mammoth DualZone

Does the 65L primus fridge / freezer have a cut out so it doesn't run your battery flat?

Neil.W59

yes and you can set it at different levels. the manual is available on line

Barry

Barryasked

Mammoth DualZone

Looking at buying a Primus 65 or r 92. Can one run them on solar to?

chivers4
chivers4

It can be run on solar just has to go via a battery. Same as with a geni

Trimguy

Trimguyasked

Mammoth DualZone

Will these fridges put off a lot of heat? I'm concerned it will heat up the interior of the Coaster significantly, thus putting strain on the AC system.

Shaun brown

Na. Not a noticible amount . Has a small fan unit on the back. I'd say the 3 way fridges would put off a lot more heat.

UnHappy
UnHappy

Hi I run mine in the back of my pajero do not seem to have any problem but must have good battery as they run my 72 amp hour out over 12 to 15 hours look at waeco 85dz litre as these look like they run less volts and been told but repair mob at blacktown they are the pick or engel hopes this helps

Outnabout

Outnaboutasked

Mammoth DualZone

I have a 65lt Primus mammouth dual zone the fridge is showing e1 even though the battery is over 12v.
All our food in the freezer has defrosted

Shaun brown

That's what mine started doing. Plug it into 240v see if it works. Mine had e1 coming up while on 12v with full battery. Worked fine on 240 for about a month. Then finally died. Take it back to place of purchuse. I actually had really good dealings with primus. No hassle,,,, Here's a new one warranty :)

Neil.W59

it is either a fault that needs to be taken to a repairer under the 3 yr warranty or your battery no longer holds a charge which can be the case even though they appear to charge up. Get the battery checked first.

Stuart
Stuart

Also, put the 3 stage battery setting on the lowest.
My new 100aH battery would cause the E1 setting to show after a while if I had the setting on full. Then the fridge would turn off. At 1st I thought it was a fault. (Maybe it is?)
Ever since I've had it on the lowest battery setting, it has never happened.
Dont ask me why but?

alan.diedrich

alan.diedrichasked

Mammoth DualZone

What ambient temp will companion fridges work at?

Alan,
I have had the fridge in the back of my truck running while at work in summer. They maintain the cold but they do have to work harder and chew through battery power when in that situation as you can't run them in eco mode in that much heat. I have fans that are attached to a heat sensor and start when the ambient temp gets to 50 deg Celsius but I expect that it still gets higher than that. I hope that helps.

raye

rayeasked

Mammoth DualZone

just wondering if anyone could give me any info on the performance and reliability of these units

Shaun brown

Mine had an internal gas leak after 18 months. Becoming very difficult to deal with the claim. They took old one at service Centre. I'm still waiting for a new one. Impossible to get a hold of to find out where it is. Have a camping trip organized over Xmas which starts in 2 days. Looks like I'll be going without it again. Not happy.