Priority One Plumbing Services

Priority One Plumbing Services

See the Best Plumbers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Nealryconned

NealryconnedCanberra 2600, ACT

This firm has Doubtful business ethics

Had blocked storm water drains. This company used camera to check and then quoted over $16000 to repair, including no option but to remove several trees, garden furniture and fencing. Nearly fell for it as the job had to be done. But got three other plumbing companies in for independent quotes; they ranged from about $1000 to a maximum of $3,500 dependent on extent of blockage. Went with a genuine skilled plumber who did the job in 3 hours, no damage, for $1,300. ALWAYS CHECK quotes!! This firm claims to have qualified tradies; they are either incompetent or dishonest.

Good Work

We needed an emergency fix for our noisy gas meter. Found Priority one from an newspaper advertisement. Rang the company and the plumber arrived at the property in the afternoon on the same day. After an thorough assessment which lasted an hour the plumber informed me that there was multiple issues and offered me a quote to carry out major work to fix the issue. The price was bit higher than what a one man company would offer, but you get what you pay for. After accepting the quote and making a deposit the plumber ordered the materials. Two plumbers worked together and job was completed the following day.
I would certainly You them again.

Camel

CamelSunnybank Hills

Avoid like the plague

Priority 1 Plumbing Qld - Not a good experience.. Have been left a lot poorer and with a broken toilet. Will need to get another plumber in for toilet. Stay well clear.

JWTCW

JWTCWGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This company is atrocious: Do Not Employ Them

Meva

MevaChifley 2606, ACT

Is it possible to give a 0 star review?

Absolutely appalling. I had no hot water and the callout took 1.5 hours to quote $3,800 to replace the gas hot water system. I was not happy with the price so I called another plumber. The second plumber took 2 minutes to work out that the system was not broken - it had no gas supply! The second plumber would have charged me $2,000 for the same job if it was required. I then researched more and the going rate was anywhere from $1,800 to $2,200! For a plumber not to check the supply is a pretty big oversight and to try and charge $1,800 more than the market rate is appalling.

I wish I'd read all of these other bad reviews before calling Priority One Plumbing!

Jay H

Jay HVictoria

Job Well Done.

Really happy with the work done.
Would have been a 5 star had the plumber not forgotten his tools behind which made me an hour late for work.
Happy with the company. :-)

caelifera

caeliferaCanberra 2600, ACT

disorganised and wildly overpriced

EJO

EJOGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ripped off and bad customer service.

Paid $1000+ to fixed bathtub about 6 month ago. Reason for the high cost was taking out the bathtub. Leaked again and called them to re-attend it and asked them whether warranty. Without an inspection, they said it must be something else and said the installation was not Australian standard and perhaps i should change all the connection. It was something that i did not know about and asked them whether they can give me some discount on cost of removing bathtub. Rejected and quoted $2000+ to replace connecting hoses. I asked my agent to organise the plumber and finished the job less than $600, and I just realised i get ripped off.

ianjohnson23

ianjohnson23Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never showed Up

Had a huge hole in my roof, they turned up and quoted then nothing. 3 weeks later and 2 failed promises when pestered for an ETA, their playing hard ball demanding I pay them for ridiculous costs for activities they simply never did.

Avoid At All Costs

Watch out when getting quotes as they have 7 different business titles all run from the same offices. Search their ABN to get an idea of the business titles. Sams and this one Priority One seem to be the big two titles.

They also seem to pay for reviews as a lot of them look dodgy as hell. Search "ACT Supreme Court Your Local Plumbing" and you'll see why ACT Fair Trading is interested in them.

Garry

GarrySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Very disappointed

Got these guys in Queanbeyan to fix a leakage ... Terrible service .Very unprofessional . Didnt fix the problem but just turn off the water supply. Didnt even touched the leakage pipe . Reported this to their base and got an abusive call from the same plumber. Better to hire a Blind Monkey instead of these guys. Big no no to these guys . Sent them mail regarding their service but didnt get response yet.

November 18th 2019 Update: Rip off /Very disappointed

Called these guys to fix water leakage ... they charged me $299 just to turn off the water supply... didnt even touched the pipe.... big no to these guys total tip off.

Terrible service

Terrible service to get a heater repaired. Office staff were as rude as they possibly could be and hung up after we questioned why the work we asked to be completed had not been. I would absolutely not recommend their service.

Stay well away

Asked for a detailed breakdown of the quote and 80% of the line items are totally made up. Not only do they say that they will give you the quoted cost back if we go with them but they actually accosted it twice on the quote, so you would never get anything back. The quote also included hundreds of dollars in travel and vehicle expenses and hundreds of dollars of "Administration Fees". I can strongly advise anyone to stay well away.

Emma b

Emma bNicholls 2913, ACT

My god these guys are EXPENSIVE

Cat

CatMelbourne

Misleading and overpriced

The job was to repair burst pipe. I was told two plumbers would be sent to do the job. Only one plumber sent and then the job was not completed. Only a temporary fix clamp put on the pipe. I was told I had to pay double to have the pipe work completed. When I ask for a detail invoice they provide me a business invoice with admin and other various costs. Not a normal plumber invoice with just labour and parts. The invoice is in dispute.

Wayne

WayneMelbourne

DO NOT USE

Plumber called to fix recently installed kitchen mixer tap - handle had come off. Plumber attended and was met by 85yo lady resident. Plumber recommended replacing tap. New tap installed which took less than an hour. Invoiced for $823.90, which unfortunately wasn't challenged and was paid. Tap later that evening leaked and customer contacted the 1300 number. Call taker threatened not to send anyone out to fix tap unless customer stopped complaining. Second plumber subsequently attended, taking 2 hrs to fix leaking tap. He confirmed to the customer that she had been ripped off by initial plumber and that this is not uncommon. Contacted company twice asking for invoice explanation with no reply. Complaint made to VBA

BEWARE - OVERPRICED

Glenn

GlennGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Thieving pack of Grubs

Charged an 84yr old Pensioner who lives on her own $5000+ for a replacement HWS, 2 under sink traps, 5hrs labour total. Pushed her to sign off on it which she did, tried to get the bill looked at as she had no understanding of what was involved to be told "we stand by our price". Two plumbers came in after the job was completed and quoted half the price. STAY AWAY FROM THESE TURDS.

KRL

KRLToorak

Price gouging at its worst

Blocked sewage

Macca
Macca

Also I just found out that he also jetted a hole in my sewer line and now have had sewerage and water leak all under my house - Never again they have cost me plenty!

Alex

Alexcanberra

Absolutely terrible

I found them to be unprofessional, rude and incompetent. Their prices are more than double what a decent plumber would charge and the service was atrocious. They spent 8 months harassing me to pay an invoice when they had not completed the work. Despite telling them this on many occasions, they refused to discuss the matter with me and didn't even bother checking their own records. Waste of time, avoid.