Bayer Profender

Bayer Profender

1.2

Kitty had a severe reaction & our 13 year old cat died

We rescued a kitty and had him dewormed with profender. The vet recommended our older cat be dewormed as well “just in case”. A week later out kitten had a severe skin reaction on his neck, his hair started to fall out and the rashes on his head, ears and neck were terrible. He also developed a respiratory problem which will have him on meds for the rest of his life. Our older cat started to lose a lot of weight, she was a very strong and healthy cat before the application of profender. Two months later we lost her due to severe dehydration (though she drank plenty of water), kidney and heart failure. I wish I had read the reviews before trusting “professionals” with these awful products and my babies’ lives.

Side EffectsDeath

Profender Cat Dewormer

After I gave my cat Profender (which I do not believe the cat needed; but vet said it would be a good idea), my cat started biting it's stomach. Cat has almost bitten off his nipples. WT is in this stuff?! To anyone wondering if they should give their cat Profender, consider something safe like diatomaceous earth instead. (I gave the rating of one star because I couldn't proceed otherwise, however honestly minus 5 stars is an appropriate rating).

Purchased in June 2020.

CazEAST GOSFORD

Diarrhea

I used Profender spot on worm treatment on my Siamese cat two weeks ago and he's had diarrhea ever since. I have not changed his food and he's not prone to diarrhea he's a very robust seven year old. Everytime he goes on the litter tray it's diarrhea and he is distressed by it. I will not give it to him again I hope the diarrhea clears up soon he is still eating and drinking.

Purchased in April 2020 at Pet Circle for A$20.00.

Caz

My Siamese cat still has diarrhea after using Profender spot on worm treatment. I hope it dosnt last the whole three months never again he's an inside cat but I feed him some raw cat food.

Heart & Intestinal Wormers

Find out how Bayer Profender compares to other Heart & Intestinal Wormers

Cat not the same

A vet used this on my cat months ago, but I swear he does not seem like the same cat anymore. I think this has caused long-term side effects on him. New vet thinks it's his liver and pancreas. I am forking out money for an ultrasound now to see whats wrong. I am devastated. If I would have known, I would have asked for the pill form to administer myself in a pill pocket. He struggled to pill him, so thats why he used the profender. Do not use this!! See another vet if you have to and get milbemax instead.

My cat was lethargic for days, had a fever, and would barely eat. He still seems lethargic off and on after eating ever since.

My 7 month old neurologic and 106 fever after taking Profender

My 7mnth old kitty had tapeworm. Vet gave him profender on back, she said it worked better than other meds. The next 3 days my cat did not eat or drink, became neurologic in his hind legs, can not jump, had 106 degree fever. My vet said in all his 10 years he's never seen a reaction to dewormer. He said that it's probably PIF that my kitty has. After looking at reviews and given the timing, I think not. My kitty may not make it and is at best overnight.

Purchased in November 2019 at Templeton for A$44.00.

Side EffectsDeath

Cat on deaths door

My beautiful 11 1/2 yr old Winnie is deathly sick after an application of pro fender. Within 24 hrs, she stopped eating, drinking, copious amounts of drool, already losing weight. Been to emergency vet once and heading to her vet in the a.m. This poison should be taken off the market. I only pray that my girl makes it. I have read the statistics on this medication and to say 1 cat died is certainly an understatement. I have read of several on this website alone. Absolutely do not use this product unless you want to risk losing your beloved pet.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$36.00.

Maria
Maria

Update-my beautiful girl passed today. Full blown heart failure, kidneys started shutting down, horrible, horrible experience. This loss is more difficult because it should not have happened. Will be contacting Bayer.

Bella Sueasked

Can Profender cause allergic symptoms in humans after it is applied and dry?

Hannah
Hannah

I'm unsure of this sorry. I'd Google it and see or ask the vet for the side affects of the product. Either way do not use it. My cat is still suffering gut wise after the use of it months later.

Bella Sueasked

I adopted a cat that was treated with profender. The cat seems okay, but i get breathing problems and itching hands when I pet her!! I've had cats for 30 years, am not allergic to cats. In fact I already had another cat - no problems. How do I get this stuff off my new cat? I can't find a clear answer to How long is this med active in the saliva of a cat. When we bathe her or wipe her down the "allergy" goes away. Then her hair gets less soft from grooming (I suppose) after a few weeks and back to square one. Unless it is possible to be allergic to one particular cat and no others for 30 years. This cat is a persian mix (I was told) when I adopted her and had several different topicals applied at the same time as preventives. I was not told that she had worms and I read this is NOT a preventive. It was applied twice , 30 days apart.

sam

samasked

Is this really that bad?My vet just gave me this now I am so scared to put it on her. What should I do?

Unhappy Individual
Unhappy Individual

I’ve been using it on mine with no trouble. Every cat is different. Just make sure the dosage is correct and pay close attention to any side effects or reactions.

Bella Sue

YES, read reviews at other sites.

• GTIN14: 09310160811622 and 09310160811707