Bayer Profender

Bayer Profender

1.1

TERRIFYING

Healthy 3 yr old male cat started crying and drooling IMMEDIATELY. He was so mad at us we could not catch him to wash off the poison. I bet our vet got free samples. Still trying to catch him so he doesn’t die.

Purchased in November 2020.

Do not use

Straight after applying on our 5 month old kitten he became confused and disorientated. His eyes went strange and he was blinking weirdly (the smell was very strong around his neck). He normally hates a bath/water on him but was happy for us to apply warm water to try and get this horrible stuff off him.

Purchased in November 2020.

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT

My cat licked this off the back of his neck, resulting in chronic diarrhea, sickness and complete loss of appetite. On day 5 of diarrhea and still only eating teaspoon food maybe 3 times a day and the food is going straight through him . Stick to Drontal wormer!!! I have no idea how this product that is clearly toxic when ingested is given to us by vets or for sale.

Purchased in September 2020.

Heart & Intestinal Wormers

Find out how Bayer Profender compares to other Heart & Intestinal Wormers

Profender Cat Dewormer

After I gave my cat Profender (which I do not believe the cat needed; but vet said it would be a good idea), my cat started biting it's stomach. Cat has almost bitten off his nipples. WT is in this stuff?! To anyone wondering if they should give their cat Profender, consider something safe like diatomaceous earth instead. (I gave the rating of one star because I couldn't proceed otherwise, however honestly minus 5 stars is an appropriate rating).

Purchased in June 2020.

Andrew L.

Andrew L.

Not a good product

Within 30sec of application to the back of the neck, the 15yr old cat was lethargic, disoriented, could hardly walk.
We immediately suspected the product and washed it off in the shower under warm water and a gentle soap.
Half hour later the cat was improving and resting quietly.
We contacted Bayer and talked to their support line and gave feedback on the product.
Thankfully the cat is recovering.
Would not recommend this product.

Purchased in June 2020 at Petbarn Physical store for A$30.00.

Siamese 2 year old baldness

My vet gave my cat this product and he now had bald patches on the back of his neck and has loose bowel movements. On googling and finding out the name of the used being Profender, I googled to see if there were any possible side effects similar to other cats and was horrified to see that the internet is full of bad experiences and cats dying because of this toxic product. Why is it still being used by vets???
I am horrified!!

Purchased in July 2020 for A$20.00.

Bad Reaction

I purchased this product on the advice of my vet for my 11 month old cat - within 30 seconds she was foaming at the mouth and acting crazy - I grabbed her and rushed to the sink to wash it off - after a couple of minutes I rang the emergency vet and they said she may have licked it although I did not see her do that - the second vet which rang me back said she may have a reaction to it. Due to my quick action she seems to be ok now ...hopefully there will not be any long term affects

Purchased in June 2020.

CazEAST GOSFORD

Diarrhea

I used Profender spot on worm treatment on my Siamese cat two weeks ago and he's had diarrhea ever since. I have not changed his food and he's not prone to diarrhea he's a very robust seven year old. Everytime he goes on the litter tray it's diarrhea and he is distressed by it. I will not give it to him again I hope the diarrhea clears up soon he is still eating and drinking.

Purchased in April 2020 at Pet Circle for A$20.00.

Caz

My Siamese cat still has diarrhea after using Profender spot on worm treatment. I hope it dosnt last the whole three months never again he's an inside cat but I feed him some raw cat food.

Elderly cat, profender burned the back of the neck and hair fell out. Cat was very sore.

I am not a fan of keep dosing the cats with various treatments. Profender burned the back of my elderly cats neck and the hair fell out. Vet just says bring him back, for a fee of course, cat was to sore to be pulled around.

Purchased in January 2020 at Vets practice.

Heart & Intestinal Wormers

Find out how Bayer Profender compares to other Heart & Intestinal Wormers

Cat had profender. Burnt his skin and loss of hair. Not a vocal but is eating. Hope thats all that happens.

Never again using this product that burns and hurts animals . Why would a vet be able to use this. This product should never be on the market. It is horrible.

Purchased in January 2020 at Vet for A$21.31.

Cat not the same

A vet used this on my cat months ago, but I swear he does not seem like the same cat anymore. I think this has caused long-term side effects on him. New vet thinks it's his liver and pancreas. I am forking out money for an ultrasound now to see whats wrong. I am devastated. If I would have known, I would have asked for the pill form to administer myself in a pill pocket. He struggled to pill him, so thats why he used the profender. Do not use this!! See another vet if you have to and get milbemax instead.

My cat was lethargic for days, had a fever, and would barely eat. He still seems lethargic off and on after eating ever since.

Cat on deaths door

My beautiful 11 1/2 yr old Winnie is deathly sick after an application of pro fender. Within 24 hrs, she stopped eating, drinking, copious amounts of drool, already losing weight. Been to emergency vet once and heading to her vet in the a.m. This poison should be taken off the market. I only pray that my girl makes it. I have read the statistics on this medication and to say 1 cat died is certainly an understatement. I have read of several on this website alone. Absolutely do not use this product unless you want to risk losing your beloved pet.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$36.00.

Maria
Maria

Update-my beautiful girl passed today. Full blown heart failure, kidneys started shutting down, horrible, horrible experience. This loss is more difficult because it should not have happened. Will be contacting Bayer.

Bella Sueasked

Can Profender cause allergic symptoms in humans after it is applied and dry?

Hannah
Hannah

I'm unsure of this sorry. I'd Google it and see or ask the vet for the side affects of the product. Either way do not use it. My cat is still suffering gut wise after the use of it months later.

Bella Sueasked

I adopted a cat that was treated with profender. The cat seems okay, but i get breathing problems and itching hands when I pet her!! I've had cats for 30 years, am not allergic to cats. In fact I already had another cat - no problems. How do I get this stuff off my new cat? I can't find a clear answer to How long is this med active in the saliva of a cat. When we bathe her or wipe her down the "allergy" goes away. Then her hair gets less soft from grooming (I suppose) after a few weeks and back to square one. Unless it is possible to be allergic to one particular cat and no others for 30 years. This cat is a persian mix (I was told) when I adopted her and had several different topicals applied at the same time as preventives. I was not told that she had worms and I read this is NOT a preventive. It was applied twice , 30 days apart.

sam

samasked

Is this really that bad?My vet just gave me this now I am so scared to put it on her. What should I do?

Unhappy Individual
Unhappy Individual

I’ve been using it on mine with no trouble. Every cat is different. Just make sure the dosage is correct and pay close attention to any side effects or reactions.

Bella Sue

YES, read reviews at other sites.

• GTIN14: 09310160811622 and 09310160811707