Bayer Profender

Bayer Profender

1.0

Kitty had a severe reaction & our 13 year old cat died

We rescued a kitty and had him dewormed with profender. The vet recommended our older cat be dewormed as well “just in case”. A week later out kitten had a severe skin reaction on his neck, his hair started to fall out and the rashes on his head, ears and neck were terrible. He also developed a respiratory problem which will have him on meds for the rest of his life. Our older cat started to lose a lot of weight, she was a very strong and healthy cat before the application of profender. Two months later we lost her due to severe dehydration (though she drank plenty of water), kidney and heart failure. I wish I had read the reviews before trusting “professionals” with these awful products and my babies’ lives.

Side Effects Death

My 7 month old neurologic and 106 fever after taking Profender

My 7mnth old kitty had tapeworm. Vet gave him profender on back, she said it worked better than other meds. The next 3 days my cat did not eat or drink, became neurologic in his hind legs, can not jump, had 106 degree fever. My vet said in all his 10 years he's never seen a reaction to dewormer. He said that it's probably PIF that my kitty has. After looking at reviews and given the timing, I think not. My kitty may not make it and is at best overnight.

Purchased in November 2019 at Templeton for A$44.00.

Side Effects Death

Bella Sueasked

I adopted a cat that was treated with profender. The cat seems okay, but i get breathing problems and itching hands when I pet her!! I've had cats for 30 years, am not allergic to cats. In fact I already had another cat - no problems. How do I get this stuff off my new cat?

sam

samasked

Is this really that bad?My vet just gave me this now I am so scared to put it on her. What should I do?

Unhappy Individual

I’ve been using it on mine with no trouble. Every cat is different. Just make sure the dosage is correct and pay close attention to any side effects or reactions.

Bella Sue

YES, read reviews at other sites.

Angela B.

Angela B.asked

I applied this to my cat and didn't get it on the back of her neck, will it still work even if i applied it and it got more towards the side of her shoulder?

Unhappy Individual

It just needs to be on the skin (not the fur) to be absorbed. They recommend putting it on the back of the neck so the cat can’t scratch or lick it.