Bayer Profender

Bayer Profender

1.0

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT

My cat licked this off the back of his neck, resulting in chronic diarrhea, sickness and complete loss of appetite. On day 5 of diarrhea and still only eating teaspoon food maybe 3 times a day and the food is going straight through him . Stick to Drontal wormer!!! I have no idea how this product that is clearly toxic when ingested is given to us by vets or for sale.

Purchased in September 2020.

Andrew L.

Andrew L.

Not a good product

Within 30sec of application to the back of the neck, the 15yr old cat was lethargic, disoriented, could hardly walk.
We immediately suspected the product and washed it off in the shower under warm water and a gentle soap.
Half hour later the cat was improving and resting quietly.
We contacted Bayer and talked to their support line and gave feedback on the product.
Thankfully the cat is recovering.
Would not recommend this product.

Purchased in June 2020 at Petbarn Physical store for A$30.00.

Siamese 2 year old baldness

My vet gave my cat this product and he now had bald patches on the back of his neck and has loose bowel movements. On googling and finding out the name of the used being Profender, I googled to see if there were any possible side effects similar to other cats and was horrified to see that the internet is full of bad experiences and cats dying because of this toxic product. Why is it still being used by vets???
I am horrified!!

Purchased in July 2020 for A$20.00.

Heart & Intestinal Wormers

Find out how Bayer Profender compares to other Heart & Intestinal Wormers

Bad Reaction

I purchased this product on the advice of my vet for my 11 month old cat - within 30 seconds she was foaming at the mouth and acting crazy - I grabbed her and rushed to the sink to wash it off - after a couple of minutes I rang the emergency vet and they said she may have licked it although I did not see her do that - the second vet which rang me back said she may have a reaction to it. Due to my quick action she seems to be ok now ...hopefully there will not be any long term affects

Purchased in June 2020.

Side Effects Short-term illness

Elderly cat, profender burned the back of the neck and hair fell out. Cat was very sore.

I am not a fan of keep dosing the cats with various treatments. Profender burned the back of my elderly cats neck and the hair fell out. Vet just says bring him back, for a fee of course, cat was to sore to be pulled around.

Purchased in January 2020 at Vets practice.

Side Effects Short-term illness

Cat had profender. Burnt his skin and loss of hair. Not a vocal but is eating. Hope thats all that happens.

Never again using this product that burns and hurts animals . Why would a vet be able to use this. This product should never be on the market. It is horrible.

Purchased in January 2020 at Vet for A$21.31.

Bella Sueasked

I adopted a cat that was treated with profender. The cat seems okay, but i get breathing problems and itching hands when I pet her!! I've had cats for 30 years, am not allergic to cats. In fact I already had another cat - no problems. How do I get this stuff off my new cat?

sam

samasked

Is this really that bad?My vet just gave me this now I am so scared to put it on her. What should I do?

Unhappy Individual

I’ve been using it on mine with no trouble. Every cat is different. Just make sure the dosage is correct and pay close attention to any side effects or reactions.

Bella Sue

YES, read reviews at other sites.

Angela B.

Angela B.asked

I applied this to my cat and didn't get it on the back of her neck, will it still work even if i applied it and it got more towards the side of her shoulder?

Unhappy Individual

It just needs to be on the skin (not the fur) to be absorbed. They recommend putting it on the back of the neck so the cat can’t scratch or lick it.