Bayer Profender

Bayer Profender (page 2 of 8)

1.8

Emergency vet trip 2 hours after use

2 hours after careful application to our cat she began drooling and could not stand up properly, she had violent tremors and deteriorated rapidly. Rushed to the vets and they placed her in an oxygen tank and straight on IV fluids. Avoid this poison if you can.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$7.99.

My beautiful cat unwell after using Profender

I gave my 9 year old female house cat Profender prescribed by my vet because she had fleas and could have worms. She hasn't been the same since and it's nearly two weeks now. She's lethargic and looks depressed. She seems uncomfortable. I've taken back to the vet twice. The first time she had a very high temperature, over 40 degrees. The vet treated her with antibiotics and anti inflammatory. Also lactulose as she seems constipated although she's hardly eating anything. She's always been a lovable affectionate cat but now seems distant and disinterested. I'm really worried about her after reading the stories on this site.

Purchased in August 2019.

10 year old cats are having reactions.

The female has a large bald spot on the back of her neck where the medicine was applied. The male is lethargic and in some pain but this could be a result of the vaccines as well. The large dose Profender was applied by the vet three days ago. I do believe in routine de-worming but I am concerned. I feel the vet should have warned me of the possible side effects.

Purchased in July 2019 for A$38.45.

Find out how Bayer Profender compares to other Heart & Intestinal Wormers

My cat had a horrible reaction

Right after applying this to my cats neck (between shoulder blades) she started running around acting crazy. I thought it was just because I had put medicine on her neck. Shortly after, she was drooling and gagging and constantly licking like something was in her mouth. She was acting aggressive toward our other cat and started looking like she felt really bad. After having it on about 15 minutes she was just getting worse so I put her in the bath tub and washed it off. Luckily she seems to be back to normal after bathing her. The vet recently used this on my other cat and he did fine but I definitely won’t be using this again.

Purchased in July 2019 for A$23.00.

Horrible experience

Vet suggested a preventative deworming. It’s 3 AM and my two playful cats are now very sick. All balled up, not moving. Unresponsive. Been trying to wash this stuff off using dawn for dishes. Will contact different vet in AM to see what needs to be done to reverse the effects. Do not use! This stuff is pure poison.

First time user.

Like many others I read the reviews after I had used it. Glad I did or I may not have bought it. After years of torture to the cat and myself trying to force tablets down his firmly clenched jaws ... We will suffer no more. He was fine with application, was happy ( as happy as old cats can be) after and apart from a restless belly, 24 hrs on, he is his normal whiny, self centered, slightly crazy, ignorant self. Definitely recommend to those who have awkward cats.

Do not give to cat.

Within 12 hours of first administering to our younger cat, he started having severe seizures, completely unresponsive, appears near death, we put it right between shoulder blades so he couldn't have ingested it. Obviously having a reaction to it because he has not taken any other meds and no other lifestyle changes.

James
James

He has died, approx 14 hrs from first admin it to him. We are shocked and saddened. Awaiting a call back from his vet.

Do not use

I bought this treatment from my vet and applied it to the back of my cats neck. He ran off terrified and all his fur on the back of his neck has fallen out. He looks terrible. I washed it off. I feel bad for using this. Never again.

Purchased in April 2019.

Dreadful product! I will NEVER use it again!

Purchased in October 2018 for A$10.00.

Instant violent reaction after Profender

Purchased in May 2019 at Direct Vet Supplies for A$19.99.

Profender for cats

Purchased in May 2019 for A$12.00.

Hate it

Gave this to my cat today was from the vets was weighed for her so was ment to be right. Four hours later I'm at the vets cause she can't stand or walk properly without having to flop down on the ground she was then having really bad tremmers in both of back legs and could hardly walk. Then was sick 3 times in the carrier. And now has had to have her stomach pumped and on a drip and they still don't know if she is going to make a full recovery cause she still can't walk and having tremmers. She was poisoned/overdosed by the wormer even though she was weighed and given the right weight for her weight.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$16.00.

I’m very concerned

My vet administered Profender to my 9 week old kitten. Shortly after we got home Oliver began to vomit. He threw up one live worm. Then the diarrhea started....and the vomiting continued. He drank a lot of water but refused to eat. Every time he drank, up it came. The next morning he appeared to be much better so I didn’t contact the vet. However he has never returned to “normal.” He’s 11 weeks old and he acts like he’s 11 YEARS old. He doesn’t play, he didn’t regain the weight he lost while he was sick, he’s not an active kitten anymore. I’m devastated. He’s seeing the vet tomorrow and I hope they can give me an answer as to what went wrong. Please don’t let your vet dose your cat or kitten with Profender. It’s nothing but poison!

So far, so good. Bought direct from a Vet.

Purchased in February 2019 at Veterinary clinic for A$21.00.

Two weeks and tons of squirming tape worm segments still in stool

I applied the medication to the back of my cats neck just as the vet instructed but it didn't kill any worms, and in the two weeks since application there seems to be more squirming tapeworm segments in his stool, which contain the eggs that he licks up again.

Purchased in January 2019 at Barclay Hills Animal Clinic for A$25.00.

Never again !

This product was suggested to us for all of our cats. We will never administer again. After a few minutes our one cat licked the other (before we could get to him) and began running back and forth foaming at the mouth .. We cleaned him up and gave fluids. He seems fine now but will watch very closely and be calling the vets in the morning to let them know. This was a very scary situation to witness.

Michelle

MichelleNew castle

My cat passed

I gave this to my cats 1 is ok the other one passed away within 30 hours i am heart broken wish i never use this

CeS

CeSNC

Cat Foaming at the mouth

Do not buy this product. Within minutes of application, my cat started foaming. Like others, I wished I'd read the reviews and side effects first. A little foam would have been bad enough but this was freaky scary. Gave my cat a bath right away (minutes ago). He seems calm right now but I'm still watching him closely.

KimD

KimDSan Diego

I am with everyone else: this is poison

Nae

NaeBrisbane

This worked well and no issues

I was initially concerned after I read the reviews. However, I had already put it on my cat! Like someone else said, it wouldn’t be in the market if it was dangerous. So much more convenient than trying to get my cat to swallow a tablet.

Bella Sueasked

I adopted a cat that was treated with profender. The cat seems okay, but i get breathing problems and itching hands when I pet her!! I've had cats for 30 years, am not allergic to cats. In fact I already had another cat - no problems. How do I get this stuff off my new cat?

sam

samasked

Is this really that bad?My vet just gave me this now I am so scared to put it on her. What should I do?

I’ve been using it on mine with no trouble. Every cat is different. Just make sure the dosage is correct and pay close attention to any side effects or reactions.

Bella Sue

YES, read reviews at other sites.

Angela B.

Angela B.asked

I applied this to my cat and didn't get it on the back of her neck, will it still work even if i applied it and it got more towards the side of her shoulder?

It just needs to be on the skin (not the fur) to be absorbed. They recommend putting it on the back of the neck so the cat can’t scratch or lick it.