Bayer Profender

Bayer Profender (page 5 of 8)

Cat Lafy

Cat LafyGatlinburg

Do not use this product!

I used this on my cat! He immediately started foaming at the mouth running around the room, going crazy. I threw him in the bath tub and washed him off several times.

He was better the next day but still traumatized!!

Very scary side effects.

My cat is very jumpy, she isn't walking straight, her eyes are displayed, and she is hissing at everyone. She is very angry and it is hard to see her like this. I hope it goes away and fixes her tapeworm problem. It's only been four hours since I applied it. She licked at it a lot.

Laura M.

Laura M.Sydney, NSW

No bad reaction

Used this for the first time 2 weeks ago. My cat didn't lose any hair or get sick after application. It is horrendously sticky though, her fur felt matted in that spot for almost a week.

booklover

bookloverMyrtle Beach, South Carolina

Cats Had Terrible Reaction

Judy

JudyPhoenix

Hair loss

Horrid and scary...I gave my cat Profender and she lost all her hair on the back of the neck and all the way down her shoulder blades!!! She was extremely nervous and meowed non-stop for days. It clearly affected her...never again will I use this. I hope and pray she will be ok and her hair will grow back. The manufacturer should be ashamed of themselves...hurting innonect animals!!!!

This poison is killing my cat

Within a half an hour my cat was panting. 24 hours later he has had diarrhea and vomiting. Wobbly walking and howling in pain. My vet prescribed and applied this drug to deworm him. Unfortunately the vet is closed on Sundays and I'm hoping my cat can make it tomorrow. It's a disgrace that Bayer can sell this poison as medicine with the amount of people reporting these side effect. He hasn't ate in a day and hardly drank anything. I hope it doesn't kill him.

Our cat had a bad reaction

Our cat was tired and increasingly lethargic after receiving this treatment. 24 hours later, she started vomiting and had diarrhoea. The vet treated her for nausea and gave IV fluids and she recovered fully within a day. We believe it was a reaction to this medication.

Losing my sweet Otis

From the minute I put this on Otis he started to decline. Last night we took him to the hospital. Please say a prayer for him as he is such an awesome Cat.

Do not use this terrible drug!

My cat is dying from this medication as I speak. The Bayer makers of this medicine should be shot. Do not use. Heed the warnings. This is really bad medicine.

Find out how Bayer Profender compares to other Heart & Intestinal Wormers

Should have read reviews, gut said go with Drontal, never using again

When you think maybe you shouldn't, there is a reason. Always used drontal no problems. New vet said this topical is so easy and stays in the system longer. Applied yesterday and this morning my poor little girl has chunks of hair coming out, the fur is loaded with white, sticky residue. Praying this works on the tapeworms and that things don't get worse. I used a toothbrush very gently to unmat the fur and applied aloe and the fur seems less sticky. I'll write a follow up in a few days about the application area and then later this month after we get the fecal results.

Love Profender

Have used Profender on my two cats for years and it's the best wormer ever as it's simple to use and effective. No more scatches for me and they actually get the dose they're meant to. It makes them a little sleepier that night and discolours one of the cats fur for a bit but they are worm free. As far as I'm aware Profender is the only topical wormer that treats the tapeworm cats get from rats or mice.

Fur fell out within 12 hours

Vet recommended this for my outdoor kitty. Within 12 hours a pitch of fur on the back of his neck all fell out. It's almost a 2" bald spot. I can't believe they sell this product.

Profender with no probs

We have one cat who likes to catch birds and mice. We treat him with Profender at least 3 times a year. He has never had any type of reaction. We part the fur on the back of his neck where he can't wash. We put the liquid on in a couple of rows. Yes it does go kinda white and crusty looking for a few days, after which we brush it out and within a week all traces are gone (he is dark gray). He acts fine and eats better after treatment.
If you have more than one cat and they wash each other I can see how you could have big trouble. I would recommend isolating them for a few days: then washing off the residue before putting them back in together.

harmy

harmyElmira Heights

profender worked great for me

used profender on Dec 27. Hard to place because cat has very thick long hair. was a little greasy on surface after. cat has had no symptoms at all and worms are gone it is a month later. i will use it again but make sure to place medication carefully as i tried to do first time.

Very concerning after application!!

Made my cats sick

My cats had tape worm, so at the vets suggestion, I put profender on them just as directed. With in 2 hours 2 of the 3 cats were flinging foam from their mouths, with in 5 hours 1 cat was acting off balance staggering. I immediately washed off the 2 acting off. I hope to God they are ok and get back to normal fast. I wished I had read reviews before putting this stuff on my babies. Please if you chose to use this stuff, please watch your cat very closely, it's not worth losing a pet.

FEV

FEV

Easy application

Used Profender on my cats for years, to date never had a problem with it! Cats aged fro 1 yr old to 17yrs old. Easy to apply as cats don't like taking pills!

Really worried about my little girl.

I applied the profender allwormer to the back of my cats neck two nights ago! Much to my distress I have discovered she has a bald patch where I applied the drops. I am in complete distress after reading what has happened to other cats on here! I have called the vet but they weren't much help and said she is probably fine seeing as though she is eating and being normal. I am worried as other people have said symptoms didn't show until after a couple of days!
I'm feeling like a very guilty mother here! As it was just a routine application and she probably didn't even need it! She's had one application before but it didn't react like this!
Very concerned!

Excellent product

I have used this product on my three cats who are various ages. It is the best product I have found. I live in a rural environment where parasites live naturally in the earth and I have proven in use that this product is the best out there for protecting my pets. My cats are plump, shiny and happy. Make sure you do follow the instructions and place the medication where recommended, otherwise, being natural acrobats, they will try to lick it off. This could cause them to be sick? I make sure I put it squarely where instructed to.

I immediately washed it off my cats!

My cat is nine months old and the vet prescribed the dewormer to us. He somehow reached the area and licked the ointment. Instantly he started foaming from the mouth! We called the emergency clinic and they said too wipe is tongue and give him milk. He seems ok now but we have to monitor him for 12 hours for vomiting and diarrhea. We bathed him and washed all medicine off and wiped down our other cat with baby wipes. Will not be using this product again ever!

Bella Sueasked

Can Profender cause allergic symptoms in humans after it is applied and dry?

Hannah
Hannah

I'm unsure of this sorry. I'd Google it and see or ask the vet for the side affects of the product. Either way do not use it. My cat is still suffering gut wise after the use of it months later.

Bella Sueasked

I adopted a cat that was treated with profender. The cat seems okay, but i get breathing problems and itching hands when I pet her!! I've had cats for 30 years, am not allergic to cats. In fact I already had another cat - no problems. How do I get this stuff off my new cat? I can't find a clear answer to How long is this med active in the saliva of a cat. When we bathe her or wipe her down the "allergy" goes away. Then her hair gets less soft from grooming (I suppose) after a few weeks and back to square one. Unless it is possible to be allergic to one particular cat and no others for 30 years. This cat is a persian mix (I was told) when I adopted her and had several different topicals applied at the same time as preventives. I was not told that she had worms and I read this is NOT a preventive. It was applied twice , 30 days apart.

sam

samasked

Is this really that bad?My vet just gave me this now I am so scared to put it on her. What should I do?

Unhappy Individual
Unhappy Individual

I’ve been using it on mine with no trouble. Every cat is different. Just make sure the dosage is correct and pay close attention to any side effects or reactions.

Bella Sue

YES, read reviews at other sites.

• GTIN14: 09310160811622 and 09310160811707