Breville Citrus Press Pro 800CP

Listing monitored by Breville

roger
roger

Best juicer, pity about the removable press failing after c 300 squeezes

I have owned this juicer for approximately 12 months, The machine has suburb qualities, a c 5-8 second squeeze gets all the juice, and most importantly a very quiet low pitch motor. The Stainless steel construction is excellent and solid on the bench top. The leverage on the overhand lever is an excellent idea and multiplies the downwards pressure of the squeezing cup.
I use the juicer daily and sometime bi- daily .
However the most important failing , which negates 100% of the worth of this c$300 machine, is the plastic/metal press cup. The plastic ring which locks into the lever arm gets worn fast and the cup fails to stay in the lever arm.

Purchased in June 2020 for $300.00.

Phil KSouthwest, VIC

Does the best job. Minor design flaw

Purchased in October 2019 at Myer Online Store for $199.00.

Other Juicers

I thought it died then it came back to life

The kids were juicing about 10 oranges and i was telling my friend how much i liked the juicer and what a great solid design it is. Then in that moment it just stopped with a bad electric motor smell. Dissappointing after about 15 months of use. However, seemed it just needed a rest and it started working again when i checked 20 mins later. So seems to be a protective mechanism.
Annoying how the bit that fits over the fruit has such a flimsy attachment and often falls off.

Juicers

Find out how Breville Citrus Press Pro 800CP compares to other Juicers

Hilly
HillySouth East Queensland, QLD

Another Breville Heap of Crap!

If you want to juice more than six oranges, don't buy this over priced rubbish. Cone falls off repeatedly, and the machine shuts down before it juices one lousy bucket full of fruit!

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $229.00.

Scotty Jimmy
Scotty JimmyPerth

Could do better

Date PurchasedNov 2018

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Ren
RenSydney

Not great

Have had this for a couple of years and am generally happy with its performance EXCEPT that the cone has chipped and broken at the attaching spike and the coating on the body under the strainer and at the point where the cone attaches has chipped away and has left quite sharp and dangerous edges. I would not expect a product in this price range to be in this condition after a couple of years. We only ever juice 2 oranges per day so not overused.

BrevilleBreville

Hi Ren - the design team receive these notifications and appreciate feedback. If you would like to enquire with customer service regarding spare parts or repair, please contact us on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Breville team

Disappointing and not value for money

happy juicer
happy juiceradelaide

Loved it. finally a quiet product that is solid and easy to clean and can handle any size citrud

Hooray . What an improvement on my old plastic breville juicer that had a citrus attachment that required a finger breaking move to detach for cleaning and roared like a chainsaw. However i was gutted when the handle jammed in the secondweek. Thank goodness a reviewer on this site provided the solution _to tighten the screw. Breville should add that advice to instructions. So easy to clean. And it is not necessary to hold it down hard nor for very long. Just make sure the strainer and bowl bits are fitted in correct place . Happy and simple juicing!
quiet and easy to clean and ss not plastic
just a loose nut that results in handle malfunction. easily adjusted so no problem

Naomi S.Breville

Hi Happy Juicer, thank you for the review and your feedback. We will pass this onto our engineers to look at. Kind regards, The Breville team.

Other Juicers

eCurio sityMelbourne

Heavy duty citrus press

eCurio sity

If you want to see the unit in operation, please check my Youtube video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vq6vPZkGoKc

Juicers

Find out how Breville Citrus Press Pro 800CP compares to other Juicers

GV
GVMelbourne

Overheating and Filtering Problems

I was amazed with the look and construction, really liked it in the shop. Started using it – very quiet operation, effortless juicing. But after a few oranges started overheating and nasty smell slowly filled in my kitchen, then it stopped dead. I waited 15 minutes and tried again, I tried to put as minimal pressure as possible during juicing. After three oranges it stopped operating again. The smell spoiled my juice. Was very disappointed. Other minuses: The pulp filter was filling out too quickly. After squeezing all the juice from the orange (which is done extremely well) it stays with the pulp and getting thrown away.
Look, very quiet operation, effortless juicing
Overheating, juice stays with the pulp and getting thrown away

kc in cb
kc in cbOttawa

Love It But....

I've had many citrus juicers but the Breville Citrus Press was my all-time favourite. Alas, though, after at least five years of smooth working, the arm seized and it wouldn't function. I had it repaired for about $45 and it worked for another year. Now, the same problem. I've been careful with that arm, making certain it doesn't get forced in any way, so am now worried I am on the hunt once again for the perfect juicer as shelling out $45 every year doesn't seem sensible.

Danny
Danny

Wendy
Wendyasked

with all the bad experiences people have had of not being able to juice allot of oranges has the problem been addressed and corrected. I am wanting to buy but not if magnetic holder falls off and overheats too easy. Thanks Wendy

Andy
Andy

No idea. We returned 2 then gave up.

Phil K

What is "alot of oranges" ? I have two of these units (at two addresses) but only juice two large glasses of juice per day (oranges, lemons and large grapefruit). Never had an issue.

rba
rba

As per my review we are now on our third unit and have never had overheating issues, but we wouldn't juice more that 5 to 10 oranges and limes at one go. The juicing cone isn't magnetic, its held on by plastic circlips which can wear over time but the machine comes with several spares. I have noticed a few minor design changes between the 3 units we've owned but it's the same basic unit, just slightly improved (and some accessories like plastic dust cover and fine pulp filter have been deleted).

Sooshiant A.
Sooshiant A.asked

Hi the arm of my citrus breville doesn't go up very well and I can't work with it.

Fran
Franasked

My cirtus press 800CP has just stopped working. not a sound from the motor. Nothing at all. Please help?

Naomi S.Breville

Hi Fran, Please contact our customer service department on 1300 139 798 or askus@breville.com.au so they can help you.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryJuicers