Falcon Professional + FXP

Falcon Professional + FXP Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

MPNs: PROP110DFFGBCH, PROP90FXPDFGB, PROP90FXPDFSL and PROP90FXPDFSS
Listing monitored by Falcon Appliances

26 questions from our users

Fiona H.
Fiona H.asked

I tried to use the pyrolytic clean on my Falcon Professional recently and as soon as I closed the door the oven starting a very loud continuous rattle. When I immediately opened the door the rattling stopped, but as soon as the door closed the rattle started again. We had removed all shelves and racks so it wasn't that. I wasn't brave enough to let the cleaning continue just in case it damaged the oven. This loud rattling has never happened before.

The first time we used the pyrolytic cleaning function the door wouldn't open because the heat of the cleaning had burned the wires for the locking mechanism, but since having it repaired we've been able to use the cleaning function. Until this new issue. Can anyone suggest what might be the problem?

Hi Fiona,

Thank you for making this enquiry. This is unusual, does the noise occur with normal oven functions when the door is closed?

Would you be able to record the sound and email this to us so we can review it further? Email is service@andico.com.au

Robert Smulders
Robert Smuldersasked

We have recently had our Falcon Professional FXP installed and have a very positive first impression. One issue we can't seem to solve is that the back burners (especially the middle one) stop working after a while. Have adjusted the gas pressure (we live in NL) but that doesn't solve it. What else can you advise us ?

Hi Robert,

Unfortunately your cooker may need a service technician to assess the burners. If you are in Australia (I am unsure where NL is), please call our customer care department on 1300 650 020 or email service@andico.com.au.

Warm regards,

John C
John Casked

I need to replace inner door glass on a Falcon FXP-90 duel fuel oven in Perth, Having trouble finding some one who can supply and fix

Assistance appreciated John C

Sally
Sally

Contact Andi-co service, 1300 650 020.

Gazza
Gazzaasked

Have completed a self clean on my falcon oven and now the door wont open. The light indicating the door is locked has been off for hours, I have also turned knob back to off as per manual instuctions. Any suggestions?

Lethal
Lethal

Door stays locked until the oven is sufficiently cooled down. If the door is still locked once cooled, then I would suggest contacting Falcon.

Hi Gazza,

Please call Andi-Co Service on 1300 650 020 or email your information to service@andico.com.au so we can assist you further.

We are the distributor and warranty provider for Falcon in Australia.

Warm regards,

Trevor
Trevorasked

The door to our Falcon Profession FXP will not open. The unit is level. We have disconnected power to try and reset sensors. Still won't open. Any suggestions Falcon Official?

Hi Trevor,

As long as the appliance has cooled down, the door lock should release. If this is still not the case, please contact us on 1300 650 020 or service@andico.com.au so we can discuss it further.

Jules
Julesasked

I'm about to use the selfcleaning function. On reading the instructions, it says, before using this function, to 'use hot water and detergent or a paste of baking soda to remove any difficult spots. Rinse off all residue with vinegar water to prevent this soil from being baked on by the high heat of the self-clean operation.' Well, I'm rather confused. I have to clean the oven before I use the selfclean? What is on my oven floor won't come off with soapy water. Fairly normal which is why Oven Cleaners are necessary. Can anyone enlighten me?

Annabelle100
Annabelle100

I have never cleaned with detergent before using the self clean mode and have not had any real issues. Once or twice there were a few small marks that remained but these came off quite easily with warm soapy water.

Tania Dzi
Tania Dzi

I too have tried unsuccessfully to wipe oven down oven prior to pyrolytic clean. Just wipe any loose residue otherwise don't worry it will turn to ash!

Nigel Meadows
Nigel Meadows

I have found the self clean pyrolitic function very good. Suggest you do it once to truly discover its capability, then you will understand what it can clean, and what you will need elbow grease and abrasives / chemicals to remove prior to pyrolitic effect...I have not seen any mark that the self clean does not remove - we do however ensure that major spills are cleaned each (rare) time a spill occurs during normal day to day use. As Tania (previous post) has stated, everything turns to ash, and is removed after oven cooling. The advice in the instructions is there to prevent cleaning agents from 'fuzing' to the inner surface from the high heat.

Get an answer from our members and Falcon Appliances representatives