Falcon Professional + FXP

Falcon Professional + FXP (page 2 of 2)

MPNs: PROP110DFFGBCH, PROP90FXPDFGB, PROP90FXPDFSL and PROP90FXPDFSS

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed
Cathy BBrisbane

Good solid upright. Sleek looking and easy to use.

Oven successfully cooked cakes, roasts, casserole, grilled cheese on toast. Grill pan tray support is heavy and awkward to remove. Seems dangerous and difficult to get cooked food safely off. Griddle plate best for eggs and vegetables but too much fat collected from chops and sausages. Wok burner great. Seems easy to clean cooktop.
Yet to try pyrolytic self clean feature.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Cathy B

Since writing my review I have tried the pyrolytic cleaning function and it worked a treat.

Big ALGeelong

Good So far....

I will start off by saying ... This beats hands down the Westinghouse we previously owned.... We've used this one for 3 to 4 months..... Larger than previous unit so required some modification to bench base. The oven is superb... but a bit noisy .. possibly due to twin fans.. Cooks everything we throw at it very nicely. The gas cooktop.... Interesting way to fire up the burners... but they do the great..... The large burner at the front has an issue.... Will fire up but not stay lit....Please let me say this.... The support is fantastic from Both Retailer (E & S in Geelong) and Supplier... prompt, courteous. When you have a problem it's nice to to they have you covered. Expect onsite repair in a couple of days.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Thanks. Been told it's a sensor.... I assume it's an easy fix

Thanks. Been told it's a sensor.... I assume it's an easy fix

AngryImpatient
AngryImpatientAttadale, WA

Oven is great - when it works....

Oven cooks great BUT you better hope you never have any problems with it as the after sales service, especially for warranty repairs is non existent.

Pyrolytic function stopped working and destroyed the thermostat. 8 weeks later and I still can't get them out to fix it. Only follow up I've had is when I call them to see what the hold up is, and all I get is one excuse after another.

Try feeding a family with no working oven for 8 WEEKS AND COUNTING!!!!

Disgraceful

If you buy one, hammer the pyro function for the first few months - seems to be a common fault they don't like to have out there.

Freestanding Ovens

Find out how Falcon Professional + FXP compares to other Freestanding Ovens

Gordo
GordoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awful stove.

The knobs are cheap plastic and warped and cracked very quickly. The replacement cost is outrageous.
The oven door is stained inside the glass as the glass is not sealed properly at the top of the door. I should be able to clean this but the screws used are very weird and designed to make you use a repairman to complete a simple task.
A very expensive and poorly designed choice. I would never buy one of these again.

Love my Oven but watch out for Proud Appliances, don't let them near your oven to repair. Here's why

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Tania Dzi
Tania DziMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Shouldn't rave about a stove this much

I bought a new stove it had to be self cleaning and went for the larger size. It cooks really well but what impresses me is cleaning ease. Pyrolytic oven clean function is like a crematorium leaving only ash. But I've never had such an easy to clean stovetop. The black enamel only needs a soapy cloth and the aluminium rings shine with a plastic scourer. Ahhh a delight!

Nigel Meadows
Nigel MeadowsBrisbane

Rust on three separate oven doors and poor finish on extractor hood

Date PurchasedSept 2012

Greatest Oven

I purchased this oven after doing a lot of research and couldn't be happier with it, the self cleaning is awesome will never go back to scrubbing and spraying smelly chemicals again. The oven itself cooks fantastic nice even temperature and is great that you can convert to a smaller oven. The griddle for the stovetop is a winner in our house. An expensive item but well worth it I was lucky to purchase mine when Falcon had offer out which doesn't happen very often! Had it in storage for 12 months before house was finished!

Annabelle100
Annabelle100Perth, WA

Love it

I purchased this cooker on the recommendation of a chef and I absolutely love it. The self cleaning is amazing to behold. Everything about the Falcon is solid and high quality. The oven temperature is good and it has all of the functions that you would expect from a quality appliance.
Self cleaning and the energy saver panel

Freestanding Ovens

Find out how Falcon Professional + FXP compares to other Freestanding Ovens

Ross M
Ross Masked

Just tried to use the self cleaning function however after turning the knob to the correct position the “P” does not appear….if we juggle the know the “P” does flick on and off but will stay on…any advice would be most appreciated, thanks Ross

Hi Ross,

Can you please call our Customer Care team on 1800 685 899 so we can learn more about your cooker and to discuss this concern further.

1800 685 899
service@andico.com.au

John Mitchellasked

I have followed the instructions for using the Pyrolytic function of the oven to the letter. It has run through it its cycle, but the Oven door will not open after 6 hours of finishing the cleaning cycle.
John Mitchell : Coochin QLD

Hi John,

First time responding to this kind of email notification but used the function on mine recently so might be if some help...

After the function was completed according to the timer, did you switch the function dial back to “0” from the Pyro function either straight away or perhaps soon after the cleaning process was complete? If so, you’re supposed to leave the dial on the pyro function whilst the oven cools down and eventually it will unlock. I realised I’d turned the dial to 0 prematurely done but then all I did thereafter was switch it back to the pyro function and soon thereafter, the door unlocked. Not sure if this is your issue but good luck.

Stuart

Andi-Co A.Falcon Appliances

Hi John and thank you Stuart!

John, if you're still experiencing issues with the door lock releasing, please contact our Customer Care team on 1300 650 020 or email us at service@andico.com.au with your Falcon order number and the cooker serial number and we will happily assist further.

1300 650 020

John Mitchell

Thanks Stuart...... I did as you suggested and it unlocked in a short while afterwards

Thankyou.......Next time I will leave it alone till the door opens

Stuasked

Anyone had issues with surface rust on their oven’s brushed stainless panels? Mine’s developed quite a lot - not evident on my Westinghouse fridge or Miele dishwasher - just my Falcon oven :(

Hi Stu,

This is disappointing to read and we would like the opportunity to learn more about this matter. Can you please contact our Customer Care department so we can discuss this further? We can be contacted on 1300 650 020 or service@andico.com.au. If email is preferred, please advise your Falcon order number and photos and we will happily assist further from there.

1300 650 020

Stu

Really impressed with Andi-CO’s action to address this issue ... easy to contact, valid explanation, claim granted, smooth process to organise panel replacement, tips on ongoing care, really capable and courteous technician to complete the job. Many thanks.

Hi Stu,

Thank you so much for taking the time to come back to this forum and update this thread. We are so pleased we could positively assist and the matter is resolved. If any further assistance is required, please do not hesitate to contact Andi-Co direct on 1300 650 020 or service@andico.com.au.

See all Falcon Professional + FXP questions