Falcon Professional + FXP

Falcon Professional + FXP

MPNs: PROP110DFFGBCH, PROP90FXPDFGB, PROP90FXPDFSL and PROP90FXPDFSS
Listing monitored by Falcon Appliances

Pros

• Practical cooktop layout

• Easy to clean

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed

Very solid stove; perfect for a person who doesn't like to replace things

I bought the Falcon Professional FX because I wanted an enameled top and I didn't want multiple small ovens that would be hard to clean. I cook a lot and overall I have been very happy with this stove; it feels very solid, the oven is large, the stove cooks well, and it is not too difficult to clean. However, there have been a few glitches. Firstly, the divider won't go in; it appears to be too tight. Secondly, I have streaks of something inside my oven door and no idea how to clean them. Lastly, I am still not sure how to take advantage of all of the different oven settings. Still, I'm happy I bought the Falcon.

Purchased in August 2018.

Stu
StuSydney, NSW

Good oven but interested to learn about markup

Whilst we love our Falcon (Rangemaster) oven, it’s a bit shocking to learn how it was more than double the price at AUD$8000 over the GBP 1740 price we would have paid in the UK.

Why is this?

Shipping does not cost THAT much!

Purchased in September 2019 at Winning Appliances NSW, Brookvale for $8,000.00.

Good with the bad.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Dianacarla
DianacarlaFar North Queensland, QLD

Cooks beautifully

This oven cooks beautifully and evenly. It looks gorgeous and is the star of my kitchen. Mine has a couple of minor problems that wouldn't stop me buying another falcon, but I should look into getting them fixed. The latch that should lock the door shut when going through a cleaning cycle does not work and never did. Also, the underside of the knobs bubbled and cracked slightly when I did the last clean (I have only ever done 3 self cleans so this is disappointing). Also, the cast iron pan contacts on the gas stove are not all quite even, so the pan wobbles when stirring on a couple burners. Just slightly annoying. I absolutely love cooking on the stovetop, I feel like a chef. Overall very happy!

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Andi-Co A.Falcon Appliances

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Cathy BBrisbane

Good solid upright. Sleek looking and easy to use.

Oven successfully cooked cakes, roasts, casserole, grilled cheese on toast. Grill pan tray support is heavy and awkward to remove. Seems dangerous and difficult to get cooked food safely off. Griddle plate best for eggs and vegetables but too much fat collected from chops and sausages. Wok burner great. Seems easy to clean cooktop.
Yet to try pyrolytic self clean feature.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Cathy B

Since writing my review I have tried the pyrolytic cleaning function and it worked a treat.

Big ALGeelong

Good So far....

I will start off by saying ... This beats hands down the Westinghouse we previously owned.... We've used this one for 3 to 4 months..... Larger than previous unit so required some modification to bench base. The oven is superb... but a bit noisy .. possibly due to twin fans.. Cooks everything we throw at it very nicely. The gas cooktop.... Interesting way to fire up the burners... but they do the great..... The large burner at the front has an issue.... Will fire up but not stay lit....Please let me say this.... The support is fantastic from Both Retailer (E & S in Geelong) and Supplier... prompt, courteous. When you have a problem it's nice to to they have you covered. Expect onsite repair in a couple of days.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Thanks. Been told it's a sensor.... I assume it's an easy fix

Thanks. Been told it's a sensor.... I assume it's an easy fix

AngryImpatient
AngryImpatientAttadale, WA

Oven is great - when it works....

Oven cooks great BUT you better hope you never have any problems with it as the after sales service, especially for warranty repairs is non existent.

Pyrolytic function stopped working and destroyed the thermostat. 8 weeks later and I still can't get them out to fix it. Only follow up I've had is when I call them to see what the hold up is, and all I get is one excuse after another.

Try feeding a family with no working oven for 8 WEEKS AND COUNTING!!!!

Disgraceful

If you buy one, hammer the pyro function for the first few months - seems to be a common fault they don't like to have out there.

Love my Oven but watch out for Proud Appliances, don't let them near your oven to repair. Here's why

Freestanding Ovens

Find out how Falcon Professional + FXP compares to other Freestanding Ovens

SlackBladder
SlackBladderasked

Hi,
Am going to purchase The Falcon Professional + FXP, but, Why do you not provide a better colour option.
I would love to buy a Red or Yellow cooker but your only option is black, grey or silver.......Really?
I wany your cooker but soooooo tempted to buy other brand because of colour options.
yes i know you do offer other colours but not in the style of the The Falcon Professional + FXP.

can you advise if a rainbow may be on the horizon?

Regards, Richard

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in the Falcon Professional FXP models. At this time, there are no plans to introduce new colours to this range.

We have recently introduced new Mineral colours to the Nexus range if it a more modern look you are interested in. As well as the array of colours on the Classic, Classic Deluxe and Elise.

More information on the new Mineral colour range can be found on our website - https://www.andico.com.au/products/falcon/?acf_filter_fln_colours=Stone+Blue+%28SB%29+-+NEW%2CMineral+Green+%28MG%29+-+NEW%2CCharcoal+Black+-+NEW

Warm regards,
1800 685 899

Lee Lee
Lee Leeasked

Wondering what the rear vent is for. Expected when oven is on that hot air would vent out here but comes out from top of oven door. Is this normal for this model Professional XFP.

Hi Lee Lee,

The Falcon Professional 90 FX and FXP range have a rear vent for the steam to escape while cooking from the oven cavity, additionally there is a cooling fan that blows air out the front of the cooker, just above the door and below the control panel, to keep the control knobs and fascia of the cooker cool to touch. This is normal.

If you have any further queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1800 685 899 or service@andico.com.au

Warm regards,

Ross M
Ross Masked

Just tried to use the self cleaning function however after turning the knob to the correct position the “P” does not appear….if we juggle the know the “P” does flick on and off but will stay on…any advice would be most appreciated, thanks Ross

Hi Ross,

Can you please call our Customer Care team on 1800 685 899 so we can learn more about your cooker and to discuss this concern further.

1800 685 899
service@andico.com.au

See all Falcon Professional + FXP questions

Get an answer from our members and Falcon Appliances representatives

Features:

• The Falcon Professional + FXP is a dual fuel range cooker that has 5 gas burners, including a multi-ring burner, Teppanyaki griddle plate, and wok cradle, making cooking all types of cuisines accessible in your kitchen.
  • The oven feature pyrolytic cleaning, so maintaining it and keeping it spotless is a whole lot easier.
  • It also has an energy saving panel that lets you switch from the full-sized 114 litre cavity that’s great for dinner parties and large gatherings, to a small 49 litre oven that saves energy when you want to cook smaller dishes.
  • A bright oven light lets you easily see how your baked and grilled goods are progressing.
  • The cooker also has a storage compartment at the base, letting you easily access the trays and dishes needed for using your cooker, and saving you valuable kitchen space.

Points of praise:

• Reviewers appreciated the practical setup of the hot plates, saying that it provided ample room to use a variety of pots and pans simultaneously.
  • They also found that the cooktop and oven were easy to clean, particularly because of the oven’s pyrolytic function.
CategoryFreestanding Ovens