Falcon Professional + FXP

MPNs: PROP110DFFGBCH, PROP90FXPDFGB, PROP90FXPDFSL and PROP90FXPDFSS

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed

Very solid stove; perfect for a person who doesn't like to replace things

I bought the Falcon Professional FX because I wanted an enameled top and I didn't want multiple small ovens that would be hard to clean. I cook a lot and overall I have been very happy with this stove; it feels very solid, the oven is large, the stove cooks well, and it is not too difficult to clean. However, there have been a few glitches. Firstly, the divider won't go in; it appears to be too tight. Secondly, I have streaks of something inside my oven door and no idea how to clean them. Lastly, I am still not sure how to take advantage of all of the different oven settings. Still, I'm happy I bought the Falcon.

Purchased in August 2018.

StuSydney, NSW

Good oven but interested to learn about markup

Whilst we love our Falcon (Rangemaster) oven, it’s a bit shocking to learn how it was more than double the price at AUD$8000 over the GBP 1740 price we would have paid in the UK.

Why is this?

Shipping does not cost THAT much!

Purchased in September 2019 at Winning Appliances NSW, Brookvale for $8,000.00.

Good with the bad.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Dianacarla
DianacarlaFar North Queensland, QLD

Cooks beautifully

This oven cooks beautifully and evenly. It looks gorgeous and is the star of my kitchen. Mine has a couple of minor problems that wouldn't stop me buying another falcon, but I should look into getting them fixed. The latch that should lock the door shut when going through a cleaning cycle does not work and never did. Also, the underside of the knobs bubbled and cracked slightly when I did the last clean (I have only ever done 3 self cleans so this is disappointing). Also, the cast iron pan contacts on the gas stove are not all quite even, so the pan wobbles when stirring on a couple burners. Just slightly annoying. I absolutely love cooking on the stovetop, I feel like a chef. Overall very happy!

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Andi-Co A.Falcon Appliances

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Cathy BBrisbane

Good solid upright. Sleek looking and easy to use.

Oven successfully cooked cakes, roasts, casserole, grilled cheese on toast. Grill pan tray support is heavy and awkward to remove. Seems dangerous and difficult to get cooked food safely off. Griddle plate best for eggs and vegetables but too much fat collected from chops and sausages. Wok burner great. Seems easy to clean cooktop.
Yet to try pyrolytic self clean feature.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Cathy B

Since writing my review I have tried the pyrolytic cleaning function and it worked a treat.

Big ALGeelong

Good So far....

I will start off by saying ... This beats hands down the Westinghouse we previously owned.... We've used this one for 3 to 4 months..... Larger than previous unit so required some modification to bench base. The oven is superb... but a bit noisy .. possibly due to twin fans.. Cooks everything we throw at it very nicely. The gas cooktop.... Interesting way to fire up the burners... but they do the great..... The large burner at the front has an issue.... Will fire up but not stay lit....Please let me say this.... The support is fantastic from Both Retailer (E & S in Geelong) and Supplier... prompt, courteous. When you have a problem it's nice to to they have you covered. Expect onsite repair in a couple of days.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Thanks. Been told it's a sensor.... I assume it's an easy fix

Thanks. Been told it's a sensor.... I assume it's an easy fix

Love my Oven but watch out for Proud Appliances, don't let them near your oven to repair. Here's why

See all Falcon Professional + FXP reviews

Ross M
Ross Masked

Just tried to use the self cleaning function however after turning the knob to the correct position the “P” does not appear….if we juggle the know the “P” does flick on and off but will stay on…any advice would be most appreciated, thanks Ross

Hi Ross,

Can you please call our Customer Care team on 1800 685 899 so we can learn more about your cooker and to discuss this concern further.

1800 685 899
service@andico.com.au

John Mitchellasked

I have followed the instructions for using the Pyrolytic function of the oven to the letter. It has run through it its cycle, but the Oven door will not open after 6 hours of finishing the cleaning cycle.
John Mitchell : Coochin QLD

Hi John,

First time responding to this kind of email notification but used the function on mine recently so might be if some help...

After the function was completed according to the timer, did you switch the function dial back to “0” from the Pyro function either straight away or perhaps soon after the cleaning process was complete? If so, you’re supposed to leave the dial on the pyro function whilst the oven cools down and eventually it will unlock. I realised I’d turned the dial to 0 prematurely done but then all I did thereafter was switch it back to the pyro function and soon thereafter, the door unlocked. Not sure if this is your issue but good luck.

Stuart

Andi-Co A.Falcon Appliances

Hi John and thank you Stuart!

John, if you're still experiencing issues with the door lock releasing, please contact our Customer Care team on 1300 650 020 or email us at service@andico.com.au with your Falcon order number and the cooker serial number and we will happily assist further.

1300 650 020

John Mitchell

Thanks Stuart...... I did as you suggested and it unlocked in a short while afterwards

Thankyou.......Next time I will leave it alone till the door opens

Stuasked

Anyone had issues with surface rust on their oven’s brushed stainless panels? Mine’s developed quite a lot - not evident on my Westinghouse fridge or Miele dishwasher - just my Falcon oven :(

Hi Stu,

This is disappointing to read and we would like the opportunity to learn more about this matter. Can you please contact our Customer Care department so we can discuss this further? We can be contacted on 1300 650 020 or service@andico.com.au. If email is preferred, please advise your Falcon order number and photos and we will happily assist further from there.

1300 650 020

Stu

Really impressed with Andi-CO’s action to address this issue ... easy to contact, valid explanation, claim granted, smooth process to organise panel replacement, tips on ongoing care, really capable and courteous technician to complete the job. Many thanks.

Hi Stu,

Thank you so much for taking the time to come back to this forum and update this thread. We are so pleased we could positively assist and the matter is resolved. If any further assistance is required, please do not hesitate to contact Andi-Co direct on 1300 650 020 or service@andico.com.au.

See all Falcon Professional + FXP questions