Progressive Car Insurance

Progressive Car Insurance

Just hopeless!

Slow response, didn’t want to offer any help being a not at fault claim they were always passing the buck to the someone else, another department or the other insurer

Car ModelMazda 3
Claim ApprovedNo

Did not honour the quote to fix damage on my car

My car was in an accident due to no fault on my side. My car was damaged whilst being parked, Police were involved in the incident. Reported to progressive insurance, all repairs authoritied by them. I then proceed to drop my car off to repair and the panel beater informs me progressive insurance is refusing to pay for one part of damage as they felt it wasn’t part of the accident.

Progressive Insurance you had no direct conversation with me about this issue, you authorised and approved all damage to be fixed. You then dishonour and go back on your word. Totally disgusted by this insurances behaviour.

Will not be renewewing my policy with this this insurance organisation who I feel just lie and go back on their word.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Crappy insurance company, stay away. They are cheap for a reason.

The most rubbish insurance company I have ever seen. They Wrongly Reported my car as statutory written off instead of lodging hail damage report which caused my car to be deregistered.
No one even told me for 1 week !
When I got the letter from RMS (RTA) NSW and called them, understood their assessor have lodged the wrong form, When called their assessor and insurance itself, they lodged the reversal report with 5-7 days waiting for RTA to process. after 3 days, I called RTA and they said the application for reversal lodged by Progressive direct assessor is wrong and they can not reverse but they should have lodged the modification report and they said they will return back all the paperwork to insurance, means waiting 3 days was just another waste of time!
When I called the assessor again and explained that he has made the mistake again ( this idiot name is Trev) and should have lodged the modification report, he got cranky on me and when he checked what he has lodged, he said : Oh, crap. I ticked the wrong box! means another 5-7 days extra waiting ! I called progressive again and let them know and they simply denied everything! He has no idea about how to do his job, that is why he is working for progressive direct. probably a cheap contractor!

Stay away from this crappy insurance company. They are cheap for a reason!

After 2 weeks, my car is still unregistered due to their mistake and I am paying for car rental every week!
Really, when it comes to claim, they will do any crappy thing to screw you and as many other cases, they know, you have nowhere to go, they know legal costs to take action against them is obviously out of affordability of most of people. And they know, fair trading which is affordable, does not look after insurance complaints. So they have peace of mind to rob you and do any breach of law they feel like!

Their body work repair gave them quote for 9.5K which was more than car value of 7K. When I got a quote from another body shop, quote was just 3K and when I forwarded my quote, the girl in progressive direct Shennae said : it is our option to accept other quotes but we have finished the case and too busy, so we just do not feel like to get your quote to repair your car instead of writing it off!
Bunch of crappy people. just want to take your car for free so they can sell it with good price to their own wrecker and car dealers. you can guess the rest yourself. another corrupted company in this country under protection of government! because they pay tax so why their license should be cancelled. they rip off ordinary people which who cares! as long as do not touch government, hey are fine to trade and rob people more!

Car ModelToyota Camry XV40
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateDecember 2018
Claim ApprovedNo

Will not provide comprehensive insurance

Spent 10min filling in their quote asking all sorts of personal details on a new car comprehensive policy, then at very end said would not provide insurance because like thousands of other Sydney people who had car damaged in hail recently. Should have stopped collecting personal details after asking about hail damage at start of questionnaire.

Claim MadeNo

Biggest scammers

Biggest scam company ever!! Car got a flat tyre 30 minutes from home and we already had our spare on so we had to leave it while we brought a new one. When we went back three tyres had been stolen, number plate stolen and the windows smashed in. When we called progressive about insurance they told us “it’s not their problem as we didn’t secure the car” ARE YOU JOKING!!! We had a flat tyre and while trying to get another one the car was vandalised and smashed up. How could we have made it more secure? Drove the half hour home on a flat tyre? Slept in the car for two nights? This company is just the biggest scammers. Do not care about customers at all. They don’t want to help, just your money. I’m disgusted in the treatment and lack of help. Don’t ever insure anything with this “company”! They will never help you!!! I didn’t even want to give them one star. They deserve nothing exactly like they’ve done to us!

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Claim MadeNo

My faith was restored!

I previously wrote a scathing review about my experience with progressive when i had to make a claim after being run off the road by a truck. Since then i had to make another claim after my wife ran up the back of a car in school drop off. Progressive were really good, hassle free claim process, the repairer they used was fantastic, job quoted, approved and repairs done all in 3 weeks. Such a turn around from my initial experience and first claim. Will definitely stay with this insurer now.

worst insurance company

WORST INSURANCE EVER, Its affordable, i give it that. But once you have a claim, and is not your fault! This company is useless, 3 months since my accident happen. My car is still not fixed and claim still processing. Every time i call them, all they say is sorry we cant do anything about it. Sorry, theres not much we can do. WORST INSURANCE EVER, do not use this insurance company unless you 100% guarantee you not going to have an accident. Lol

Worse insurance company

Worse insurance company
Very dodgy , just taking your money and when it comes to claim they reject it with some nonsense excuses

Insurance claim madeYes

Used to be good but now AVOID!!

We had progressive car insurance for 4 years and have made claims in the past with no problems, very little paper work cheap premiums and speedy service, but now since they have been taken over premiums have gone up and service has gone down. Latest claim had us retrieving ever single bit of info and one request was for the wrong thing which ended up costing us money for which we have never been refunded for. When they replied to our emails, it did very little to resolve any questions we asked. On writing to [name removed] for the company expressing our concerns he couldn't even be bothered to have the decency to reply, proving how much this guy obviously couldn't care. Had a quote from Budget Direct, a lot cheaper and have had no issues in the past so guess where we will be going.

On the fence

I was with Progressive for 5 years and although car insurance had gone up everywhere, Progressive had the cheapest policy.
This year I had to make a claim for an accident which wasn't my fault and the process was actually not to bad but I learned a lot from it.
Each claim consultant that I spoke to was very professional and helpful and I managed to have my car insurance paid out, but it did take 4 weeks to settle which felt like forever. Sometimes I was not able to talk to claim consultants and had to ring back multiple times to talk to someone.
Be prepared to have every single detail, be prepared to remove all items before your vehicle is towed, be sure to list all upgrades or modifications to your vehicle, be prepared to spend a lot of time gathering every single bit of paperwork involved as they will ask for it.

Denied Claim

I logically thought that if I purchased a full comprehensive car insurance, that my vehicle would be insured should an accident happen, but not with these thieves. A not at fault accident, claim denied, because if I had [name removed] next door driving my car, had a similar accident, progressive would have apparently accepted, but because my husband was driving, claim was denied. The first claims person I spoke to, reiterated four times that excess is higher due to the fact of someone else driving , which I was ok with, but Claim denied? People please take not. DO NOT Go with progressive.

Avoid at all costs

It’s time to renew my premium and it has gone up by a few hundreds without any claim last year. Rang them asking for a review and they said no further discount so I walked away. Two days later, one of their sale persons emailed me said they can do better and offered me a better deal so I went ahead with that. Contract signed and until they issued the PDF certificate, I’ve noticed they have reduced the Agreed Value. Contacted them again, they didn’t honour what was offered previously blaming a typo. Long story short, avoid at all costs, untrustworthy, check your certificate.

Insurance claim madeNo

It's unbelievable disgraceful insurance!!!

I have been with the company for almost two years, had 2 cars paid full insurance comprehensive and the fist time I had an accident and made a claim they made me go through every loop possible to delay my claim. The cost of the repair from their approved repairer came out to be $4000 and after a few weeks of processing by the assessor. They said that I was cover for $1400!!! I have been left out of pocket to repair my car and it has been over 8 weeks and claim has not been settled yet!!

Terrible customer service

Tried to lodge a claim over the phone. Operator sounded cold and careless. 30 mins on the phone and still couldn't even locate the place of incident.

Criminals - Avoid at all costs

Progressive direct are greedy and manipulative. Their constant delays (9 weeks) in processing claims are designed to fatigue consumers who will eventually accept insurance claims that are unfair. My car was "hit and run" by a third party. They wrote the car off due to an estimate (not even a FINAL quote) $100 over the insured value (economical write-off), would not allow a second quote, attempted to tow to manheim prior to even informing us, the insured, of the outcome. Their legal team is overbearing, harassing and even threatening. There is no transparency in the claims process. AVOID progressive direct at all costs.

Updated review...

Had a bad experience with a not at fault incident but it was rectified in the end... appreciate the assistance of Edward Hock in resolving the issue...changed review from 1 star to 4 stars... thanks for listening Progressive!

Terrible

Avoid at all costs, they never called me I had to call them to ask them to action my emails, they weren’t helpful when I was at no fault and they made me pay excess even though I already had a claim number from the other persons insurance. It took a month to get my total loss payments when the whole thing could have taken a week.

Insurance claim madeYes

You get what you pay for

Cheap insurance however, terrible service and quality of repairs when it comes to making a claim. I made a not at fault claim after I returned to my parked car to see extensive damage. The repairs were cheap and terrible quality, it took nearly two months to get the into the shop to get fixed. The claims service is also terrible,
I didn’t hear back from the insurance company for a few days after I made a claim. As for the repairs, the colour did not match and the repair shop refused to fix the issue and in the end it all became too much of a headache and I was towards the end of my insurance cover so I cancelled it as soon as I could. It may be cheap insurance but it still is not worth the money.

Insurance claim madeYes

Are you a young person or own an older car?

UPDATE:
If you are a young person or own an older car, AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!!
I have now received a renewal notice on the policy of the car PROGRESSIVE wrote off! They are asking me for over $1300 for a car that I do not own anymore!

I have been with progressive for 2 years, in that two years I paid $2000 in premiums for an agreed value cover on my xr6.
I had an accident in the hills (no third part involved) and made a claim.
The car was towed to all suburbs towing and then without my knowledge it was taken to manheim.
The claim process was long and drawn out. I had little contact from the claims team, and this afternoon I have been advised they will not sell me back my car after it was written off. They are also deducting my excess for doing no repairs on said vehicle. I am basically paying them to sell my car.
I had to pursue them for any information.
It also seems that my car will be sold without my consent, and without having been paid out. I am effectively unable to purchase my car back as I do not have the funds to do so.

The policy was definitely not worth the amount of money I paid. I had the car insured agreed value for the sole reason of keeping it to repair. The way progressive have dealt with it is to squeeze all the money out of my payout so I am unable to purchase or fix my vehicle.
I am extremely unsatisfied and have been given no help at all. They are not interested in helping you.

Steer clear from Progressive! They will try to screw you any way they can, and they will do it hard.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelFord Falcon AU 2001 XR6 VCT
Claim DateJune 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Warning stay away!!! Rip off

My policy wasn’t good value at all.
Hard to set up
Disgusting customer service.
Waiting for a week for a quote from repairer that they (prefer) so my car is smashed I’m driving around a smashed car which is still new and prob not safe for my family. Manager of assessor was very rude to me and didn’t care about my situation told me it’s none of his business and he wasn’t interested in helping me, have 3 cars insurance with them recently had an accident and now they don’t want to help me and my family but they are happy to take my money every year for 3 cars but now want to run away and not help, everyone told me to go somewhere better it’s not worth trying to save a dollar with these cheap insurances, it’s cheaper to fix your car yourself in the garage then to pay these people to insure your car.