Pronto Plumbing

Pronto Plumbing (page 4 of 12)

2.9

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

$436 to use the hand plunger!!!!

Called them onsite via a third party company referral, the plumber came on site and told me it would cost $436 to unblock the toilet, in a rush I told them to go ahead, the plumber went to plunged the toilet twice with a hand plunger. Afterwards he said there was more blockage and need to smash toilet. quoted me another 1300 on top of that. I decided not to go ahead with that quote as it was a lot of money for a blocked toilet. Then they sent me an invoice quoting 436 for a use of a hand plunger!!! Absolutely unspeakable and unreasonable for a job that isn't even fixed..

Stay away from these guys ASAP

Customer S.Pronto Plumbing

*warning* an absolute rort and dodgy business

Makka
Makka

123FABMelbourne

Ridiculous price

As everyone else has stated, these guys prices are a joke. Ive spoken to 2 other plumbers since and both have quoted me $400 less for the same job. Mind you I hadnt told the other plumbers what pronto quoted me before they did, only afterwards.

I wish i had come here first to read reviews before wasting $49 on a callout fee, probably the only way these clowns make any money.

Avoid at all cost.

DavidGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rip of older people

Quoted a price, pressured an elderly person in a unit to replace the hot water unit using a unit twice the size that was needed. Couldn't give a itemized quote.

David

Please everyone that has had a problem with Pronto Plumbing go to the ACCC and let them know.

David

Seriously? I have tried to reply to the complaint department and I can't reply to their email?

Gina
GinaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ripped Off! Don't waste money getting a quote from Pronto Plumbing

Phil
Phil

Terrible Company

Called to assess a gas leak, and the tradesmen rocked up with an EFTPOS machine in his tool belt (this is not a joke). If that isn't a sign of a dodgy company I don't know what is.

After a 2nd a 3rd inspection, the works this company were planning to complete was COMPLETELY wrong, and the issue was actually much bigger even after they did a so called gas leak detection & didn't pick up on a number of other issues. Major red flags, a mickey mouse company who will probably change their name in 2 months. If you look up their ABN they have a number of registered names.

Cannot use shower
Cannot use showerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DO NOT USE this company!!!! Terrible service! Terrible communication! Will rip you off!!

TERRIBLE COMPANY! Called to fix a small leak in our shower. Mulitple attempts to repair, $4,000 given to the company. 1 month later the leak is 10x worse, affecting our floorboards! Nervous phone calls and email, the manager has still not contacted me and the leak has not been fixed!!!! I can’t use my shower!!!

Donna

WARNING!!! - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

IVF
IVFGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

SCAM!!!!!!!

Do not use this company!!!!! They have no idea what they are doing and they take your money. We called them for a plumbing emergency which was not fixed on the day. They quoted a job for around $4600.00 and forced us into making a deposit of around half of the quoted amount. When the real plumber came to check (not from this company) the actual job was not as hefty as Pronto plumbing made out to be (meaning it was the wrong job) and gave a quote of $800.00. After trying to request a refund of the deposit they argued that it was only a certain amount of the total job and not of the deposit. They stole half of the deposited amount of my hard earned money. Really a bad experience and poor customer service.

Monique H.
Monique H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

New hot water unit & leak

Excellent & fast service regarding our external leak. Then we found out we had to replace our gas hot water unit. Gave me a few options. I would highly recommend them.

Customer S.Pronto Plumbing

Happy Monday Monique! Thankyou for taking time to provide our team with your kind feedback.
We hope you have a wonderful week ahead :)

Major Rip Off Averted

On 31 December 2020 a chap from Pronto Plumbing attended an emergency call out to fix a slow pipe leak. My water was turned off. I had dug and exposed the location of the leak. See pic attached. The nut had deteriorated. This guy quoted me $1,300. Disbelieving I asked how much time was involved - 1 hour I was informed. I paid the call out fee of $49 and told the chap to leave. I had the work completed later that day for less than $200.

Customer S.Pronto Plumbing

It pays to do your research & shop around as we nearly got seriously ripped off by these guys.

Dirty Rip Off!

Louise R
Louise RVictoria

Water heater replacement x 2

Great team. Efficient. Reliable. Quality of workmanship. Friendly and Respectful. Very happy with the overall service, thorough explanations and of course the end result which should make life more comfortable

Customer S.Pronto Plumbing

Hi Louise, Fantastic Review - cant wait to share your feedback with our team.
We wish you a wonderful nd safe new year ahead :)

Hrishi M.
Hrishi M.asked

Hi, I would like to know if a compliance certificate was issued for the jobs performed. I note that in the VBA website it is stated that jobs of value in excess of $750 makes it mandatory for a compliance certificate to be issued by the license plumber. I did not know this before when I had the job done by now that I know I intend to ask for one and hence wondering if you guys were giving a compliance certificate or was that a struggle to get. Thanks.

Amelia J.
Amelia J.

I’m not sure what a compliance certificate is im sure if you ask them for one they’ll give it to you
The invoice they gave was quite detailed

Katie

Good luck getting anything from these guys

Customer S.Pronto Plumbing

Hello, your compliance certificate was sent yesterday morning via email. Please let us know if you have not received it as yet. Thank you.

Katieasked

I wonder why pronto aren’t responding to my feedback......

Flick A.
Flick A.asked

Six months ago I paid over $6,000 for new Hot Water Service, after many difficulties with the way it didn't work properly, it was finally fixed. Now, six months later, the new copper pipe is turning blue around the two joins. Your plumber came a week later. I asked Hayden why and he stated 'I don't know, why does the world turn', this answer is not satisfactory, please give me a reason why these new cooper pipes are turning blue..It is simply not right. I am now in contact with VCCC Again I ask Why are my new copper pipes turning green.

Get an answer from our members and Pronto Plumbing representatives