2.8

• Rates and Fees

Jan k
Jan kGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not use this company

I had a blocked drain pipe. Called Pronto plumbing out as my laundry and bathroom were flooded. As I wanted the pipe unblocked asap, I stupidly signed up front for a quote of $2,145 thinking this was the final price to fix the problem.
But No, all they did was take some pictures of the pipes and said it will be another $5.000 to actually fix the cracked pipe.
I feel I was taken advantage of by paying the money upfront.
I called another plumber, $300 to actually unblock the pipe and another $1000 to ultimately replace the pipe.
Not happy, their prices are way over the top.

Job Satisfaction

Ash S.
Ash S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The worst Plumbing company in entire Melbourne region

Katie
KatieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Please avoid!

These guys were very prompt to arrive at my property.
Also very prompt with assessing the problem! Probably because it didn’t exist. I’ve asked for the video footage. How funny! They lost it! Would’ve been interesting to compare it to the new video footage I have which shows half the pipes on my property are new!!!
Avoid Pronto plumbing! Dodgy AS!!!
Guess they’ll need to include some 5 star reviews to get their rating back up.

Dima
DimaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do Not Use

maneesh k.
maneesh k.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not use!!

HodddorGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Warning !!!do Not Use - I Beg Of You (Check the photos attached)

• +1Thumbnail

At your own risk

Stay away from Pronto Plumbing if you do not want to be tricked, cheated and misled by the outfit whose license should haven been revoked a long time ago. If you are 85 years old like myself and unable to get onto the roof to check Pronto's assessment and workmanship you are the ideal target for Pronto that will fix a minor leak (and possible future leaks) in the roof for $3,445. Also be prepared to pay 100% of their quote before they do anything for you. Should you choose to chancel the agreement you will forfeit the down payment. If you are still considering hiring Pronto Plumbers be sure to take a bunch of lawyers with you to help you interpret eight pages of fine print that will determine your relationship with Pronto Plumbers.

Job Satisfaction
Rick L.
Rick L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

OVER/OVER priced

I had a cold water pipe (copper) split in my front yard on a Sunday. I booked the plumber to come on Monday so I could avoid weekend rates. In the meantime, I was able to excavate und uncover the broken pipe. Plumber arrived as planned and presented me with a quote for $650 for the repairs - and this was despite the fact that I'd already done all the hard work. I was in a bind timing-wise so I had to get the work done. I accepted the quote (under protest mind you) and the job was completed - in approx 2 hours.
Now - I ask you - does $300 plus per hour seem reasonable?
I have complained to the company with no success.
But - they've created yet another dissatisfied customer. Judging by the reviews I've read - they just don't care !

Must Be Boycotted!!

This company must be boycotted!!! They are real criminals ripping off the elderly. They charged my elderly mother $700 to replace a mixer tap worth $75 which took 10-15 mins to install. This is with a Pensioner and extra discounts! $600+ for 15 mins labour. Is this fair and honest, as they claim on their website? You be the judge.

Find out how Pronto Plumbing compares to other Plumbers

Wish i never used pronto plumbing

I was given an excessively expensive quote. I was in a tight corner so thought ok go with them atleast it will be high quality.
I was wrong.
You pay upfront. The next day a different plumber turns up ill informed and ill equiped to do the job well.
I was left with a cheap and shoddy job . I felt totally exploited.
I wish i never used pronto plumbing.

Nikky Mann
Nikky MannMelbourne

Do not use

Rates and Fees

Biggest rip off ever!

Wanted 1500$ for a 45 min job. Used another plumber, 200$. The 49$ call out fee to not use them was the best money I spent. Don’t use them ever!

RAJWINDERGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bad experience

Don’t go with them
unprofessional service . Cancel my job without any noticeable start argument.
They just don’t want to listen .I called so many times .I took emergency day off .waste of time and money .

RAJWINDER

No one inform me that job is cancel
Or not .I waited then call and lady start arguing that she did msg to me .do u have proof ???
U don’t recommend you
I took day off from my work .

Anthony
AnthonyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Another bad review

Called out for kitchen sink that had a blockage that was slow to drain. Was quoted $976 for what they said was an hour job + materials (PVC!). Only thing they drained was $49 for my call out fee. Had fixed today by another Company for $220. Boy I wish I had checked google first!! Main plumber (????) looks like he had an apprentice with him also - young man leave whilst you still have some integrity. Queue in Pronto Plumbing standard response.... blah blah.

Karen
KarenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't use them.

Katie
Katieasked

I wonder why pronto aren’t responding to my feedback......

Flick A.
Flick A.asked

Six months ago I paid over $6,000 for new Hot Water Service, after many difficulties with the way it didn't work properly, it was finally fixed. Now, six months later, the new copper pipe is turning blue around the two joins. Your plumber came a week later. I asked Hayden why and he stated 'I don't know, why does the world turn', this answer is not satisfactory, please give me a reason why these new cooper pipes are turning blue..It is simply not right. I am now in contact with VCCC Again I ask Why are my new copper pipes turning green.

Nroseasked

Hi Pronto Plumbing, why are you taking money from people when services aren't delivered. What is your direct cost when someone cancels their "contract" within half an hour? Why are you writing fake reviews?

DxG
DxG

Hi Nrose,
Sadly it seems they are trying to flood the reviews with these 5 star ratings to lure in unexpected people - it's not right. It looks as though since I have pointed this out they've gone on a field day using discriptive language and different scenarios - maybe they've gone and got some writing lessons.
If you haven't already I would suggest you go through ACCC and lodge your complaint, there is currently delays with covid but eventually this company will be stopped.

Nrose

We definitley have reported them to a number of places. Since posting my reviews I've had 3 people private message me about their dealings with this company when they traded under their old abn. They became insolvent and those customers were left with thousands of dollars in defects and debts. It's sickening what these criminals are doing.

Of course they're desperate enough to write fake reviews. It's funny the very clear pattern of their reviews and as soon as they're outed, magically the subsequent fake reviews have a different tone.

Oshies
Oshies

On our way the VBA as well. These guys took advantage of my pensioner parents. No shame!!! Didn’t even fix the problem. I am looking into reporting via the ACCC as well. These guys need to be stopped. I advised them that the work was no good and a rip off which is against ACCC guidelines for services and now radio silence. I had to get another company in to do the work after the fact.

Get an answer from our members and Pronto Plumbing representatives