42 questions from our users

Lisa S.
Lisa S.asked

I am interested in using your service to sell my home, but all the legal work and the protocol of what has to be done and when and how is a bit scary to me, I believe a solicitor/conveyancer would be the first up before listing, but does your company point clients in the right approach?

Property N.PropertyNow

Hi Lisa, it's natural to be nervous if this is your first time looking at this method. The above will depend on what state you're located in.

For QLD for example, there are standard forms available including the contract of sale, for other states such as NSW you need to get this drawn up by your representative before marketing. For most states yes, the first step is usually finding a legal representative. We promise the legal side of things is a lot less complicated than you'd think. We are definitely available to point you in the right direction.

Basically, you want to ensure you have a legal rep and that they know you're selling without the interference of an agent and get them to draw up your contract of sale. From there, you won't need them again until the end of the sales process where they will help finalise your sale and hold any monies in their trust account.

If you have further questions please give us a call at 1300 664 773 or email us at sales@propertynow.com.au. :)

Leonasked

Hi What's your monthly management fee for renting houses

Property N.PropertyNow

Hi Leon, we don't charge any monthly management fees. PropertyNow assists the public to list their property for rent. We provide a platform for you to list your property and it is seen on realestate.com.au, Domain and several other sites. You receive all enquiries and you choose your tenant. We merely facilitate you getting your listing seen and forwarding enquiries, we also provide additional services such as tenant checks and police checks. Hope this answers your question. If you need more information please call 1300 664 773 or visit our website www.propertynow.com.au

Plannerasked

Sorry another question. Our write up is quite long. Is there a limit to the amount of words allowed in a listing?

Property N.PropertyNow

Hi Lorraine, we did respond to your email so we hope this was received by you. :)

Realestate.com.au and Domain do have a word limit but we’ve only ever had maybe 2 clients exceed this over the years. We usually recommend around 350-500 words as buyers usually won’t read through extensive text. If you want more you're of course welcome to add what you need up to the text limit.

To answer the other questions in your email in case that didn't arrive:
- You can definitely add your floorplan, there will be a section for this when completing your listing.
- For offers there is a make an offer page on the site or we have a printable offer form available in account also.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you'd like a call.

Great thanks.

Plannerasked

When one lists a property does it have to show (ie publicly) the whole address? We have a unique house and want to avoid sticky beak drive pasts.

Property N.PropertyNow

Hi Lorraine, not at all. There will be a hide the address option when completing your listing. If you check this box only the suburb will display. :)

Thankyou.

Lisa Martinasked

Hey Patrick , Happy vendor and Jane 1,
That sounds great you are so happy with propertynow and have sold you're properties.
30 days you sold...Im amazed!! I am using to sell my property south of Sydney and it has now been 2 months and 2 weeks and still not sold. We do receive loads of inquiries about the property and quite a few people ringing with questions. I use a friendly but professional manner and answer everyone' s queries.I mention to interested people they can book an appointment time with me but it seems calls /emails are just inquiring only.
I realise it has been over Christmas time but now one month has gone and still just inquiring ppl.
What am I doin wrong?? I live near the water and the National park. A beautiful area and everyone has raved about how lovely the property is....? so whats happening?

Becoming Anxious
Lisa

Annie
Annie

Sorry Lisa - I leased a property - didn't sell it. Have you tried home opens?

Lisa Martin

Thanks Annie. Yes we've had inspection days.mainly on Saturday.I think we are just tucked away here in the National Park and need more exposure. Thanks anyway

Property N.PropertyNow

Hi Lisa, it's fantastic that you're still receiving enquiry. The only time to worry is when enquiry dries up completely. Please send us an email to support@propertynow.com.au so we can pull up your account, have a chat, review your campaign and offer and guidance applicable to you. :)

Marion K.
Marion K.asked

Do you have an office in Brisbane?

Tunastuff
Tunastuff

Hi, You should be directing your question to Propertynow.
I just used them.

Property N.PropertyNow

Hi Marion, we have staff working remotely from QLD and NSW and we operate in all states/suburbs of Australia. We don't have any offices available for in-person visits at this time as we're entirely web-based. :)

Siew H.asked

I want to lease my property

Siew H.

How to advertise my property om productreview?please help

Property N.PropertyNow

Hi Siew, we don't offer advertising on Productreview.com but you can find a full list of what we offer with our rental package here: https://www.propertynow.com.au/advertising-a-rental-with-propertynow.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Kind regards, PropertyNow.

Mariah
Mariahasked

When you find someone to rent your property, do you them manage it completely yourself? Setting up your own open inspections? If the tenants don’t pay for a few weeks what do you do?

Property N.PropertyNow

Hi Mariah, you will indeed be acting as property manager/private landlord. This will involve conducting inspections, signing of the lease and dealing directly with the tenant.

When there is an issue during the tenancy that can't be resolved directly with the tenant, the process will be the same as what an agent would go through. There are governing bodies that handle disputes, depending on your state and situation.

We recommend doing tenant checks before approving a tenant as a precaution (an optional add-on) as well as reference checks either with us or of your own accord to check out the rental history of any applicant before approving them to come into the property. You would also be wanting to collect payslips and bank statement where available.

If there is an issue during the tenancy, staff are available to chat with you at any time and run through your best cause of action dependant upon your personal situation and state, as above. :)

If you go to www.propertynow.com.au and scroll to the bottom of the page you should see state specific leasing information that will be useful to you.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions you can direct these here, call us on 1300 664 773 or email us at support@propertynow.com.au, 7 days a week. :)

marie
marieasked

what is included in the $694 cost

Property N.PropertyNow

Hi Marie, as you've mentioned our core cost is $694 inc GST until sold.

With our sale package you'll get an until sold listing on Realestate.com.au, Domain and 7 other Real Estate portals, a professional for sale sign, access to printable brochures, instant forwarding of all enquiries, our 24/7 automated phone enquiry system, unlimited changes and full control over your listing via your account where you can edit at any time, a property value and market report where requested, access to forms and templates where available, online private inspection booking service for buyers and you as well as an offline offer submission form for buyers and the biggest and most important part of our package - advice/support 7 days a week from staff, inclusive of licensed real estate agents, whenever you need it. There's of course absolutely no commission once you do sell also. :)

You can read more here: https://www.propertynow.com.au/selling-a-property-privately as well as see a range of our other available addons. We'd absolutely love to chat further and answer any questions you may have. You can email us at sales@propertynow.com.au or give us a ring on 1300 664 773 and press 1 to speak with someone between the hours of 9-6pm QLD time. :) I hope this helps.

Liuxin N.asked

Hi, there, heard about PropertyNow a minute ago. Could anyone tell me a rough success rate or whether it is suitable for 'young or family with teens'? What is the cost of selling through Property Now?

Property N.PropertyNow

Hi Liuxin, our core sale package cost is $694. You can read a list of inclusions here: https://www.propertynow.com.au/selling-a-property-privately - in regards to a success rate, you can view SOLD listings here: https://www.realestate.com.au/agency/property-now-logan-reserve-VFLTYD?activeSort=list-date

Unfortunately, we don't have an exact success rate as it's very difficult to get an accurate percentage as we operate Australia wide and owners will sometimes withdraw their properties instead of marking as sold. Our SOLD listings also we're logged with Realestate.com.au when we first started our business. Success in a sale will also be based around how you price your property, the current market in your area and a range of other factors. Productreview, Trustpilot and our Facebook page is a good place to assess the level of success we have from our owners.

We'd love to chat with you more or give you a call to chat. You can email us at sales@propertynow.com.au or call 1300 664 773 and press 1 to speak with us at any time. :)

Liuxin N.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I shall use your email to ask a few more questions.

Property N.PropertyNow

Fantastic, thanks for chatting with us Liuxin :)

Natalie G.
Natalie G.asked

Hi,
Can you confirm what exactly websites the property will advertised?
What's a level of success of sale the rural property?
Natalie

Jo Longman
Jo Longman

Hi Natalie - our property was advertised on Realestate.com and on Domain.com and a number of other sites which I didn't recognise and can't remember, but those are the two key ones as far as I know. We sold our house on the first open day but I think it is highly individual and you cannot generalise about how long it would take other properties to sell. Hope that answers your question.

Property N.PropertyNow

Hi Natalie, we're terribly sorry we missed your question. The notification somewhow slipped passed us or didn't arrive at all. Our core package is $694 and includes marketing on Realestate.com.au, Domain and several other smaller portals. A list of inclusions can be found here: https://www.propertynow.com.au/selling-a-property-privately

In regards to a success rate, you can view SOLD listings here: https://www.realestate.com.au/agency/property-now-logan-reserve-VFLTYD?activeSort=list-date

It's true that Rural properties can sometimes take longer to sell as there can be fewerbuyers/interest in the area or for that particular property type. In saying this, we've also had clients with rural properties sell in a flash.

Beverley B
Beverley Basked

Hi.
We are wanting to sell our home and have already spoken to a real estate agent.
We have looked at your reviews about your company and are impressed.
A little worried about legal side of doing it ourselves as we have never tried this before.
Would we be better to talk to you and find out all the ins and outs?
Regards
Bev Breese

Property N.PropertyNow

Hi Beverley, it's wonderful to hear you're thinking of selling privately. To give you the most peace of mind, we would recommend giving us a call so we can go over everything with you. It's all really quite straight-forward, and much easier than you may expect, especially the legal side of it. You can give us a call 7-days a week on 1300 664 773.

Kind regards, PropertyNow.

SMBasked

Hi, We live in a reasonably remote/rural area of SA but it's only about half an hour from the Barossa and 20 minutes from Blanchetown (the river). It's a very unique property and I can't imagine there would be anything else quite like it in Australia. It has 4 acres and used to be a pioneer museum. It has 2 churches (the big one is the main home), the second is mostly self-contained, a huge, funky stand alone games room, an old school house that used to be used in the 30's and is now a separate room, many other buildings (a drapery shop, PO, carpenters shop etc, etc) and a cemetery. With it being such a unique place with nothing to compare it to, we would need to ask for people to put in their best offers rather than advertise with a price. Would this be a problem if using PropertyNow?

Anne H
Anne H

sounds gorgeous. My property was in central victoria near small country towns and very quirky also and hard to describe to people as it was built in the 1860s. Take lots of photos and perhaps send interested clients and be prepared to shows lots of people through. I do feel that you have to put a rough guide on price even if you say that expressions of interest will be considered.

SMB

Thanks Anne H. I definitely agree with taking lots of photos. Just so much to describe. Also think it's probably a good idea to put a rough price guide. People may think that on the description that it might be out of their price range but land is very cheap where the property is and won't sell for as much as it would in a better area. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Hi there,

We can definitely show the display price as “Best offer” but the system on Realestate.com.au and Domain.com.au will need a back-end price. This is just the price that the system uses for searches (for instance, it needs to have a price so that it knows if it should show the property for a search of $500,000 - $600,000 listings) but it can be hidden so that people searching cannot see it. Does that make sense?

Hope you have a fantastic day!
Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Trebt
Trebtasked

Who confirms the sale price advised by the vendor themselves? What happens if a vendor exaggerates their property description?

Jason Samuel
Jason Samuelasked

I am considering using your services. What is your experience in advertising and selling properties in the Sutherland Shire NSW?

Property N.PropertyNow

Hi Josh, I would need a more detailed list from you in relation to the suburbs in this area to do a more in-depth search for figures. What I can share are the figures for what we have sold to date in state form over the last 2 years. If you would like to direct any further questions to us please send them over to sales@propertynow.com.au and we will be happy to asssit
2017

VIC =38
WA = 27

Cassie
Cassieasked

Where do I get the offer and acceptance contract forms?

Property N.PropertyNow

Hi Cassie - All forms are available within your account, simply log in to www.propertynow.com.au and click Forms & Downloads from the left hand menu.

Paul
Paulasked

Are you very successful at selling houses central coast NSW?

Property N.PropertyNow

Hi Paul, Our model is an agency assisted sale. We assist with the marketing but you as a private seller actually sell the property yourself with the help of a conveyancer, solicitor or settlement agent for all legal paperwork and deposit dealings. In regards to our success, our private sellers sold over 780 properties Australia wide in 2017. In 2018 so far 59 have sold in NSW alone and 218 Australia wide. Please let us know if we can assist with any further questions. Have a wonderful weekend ahead :) Jasmyn PropertyNow

Joey8
Joey8asked

I’m thinking of using Property Now, I’m based in Perth and I haven’t seen this company around. Im just wondering if anyone from the same state has been successful and what their experience has been? I always read the reviews, however it always seems to be more Eastern States based.

Property N.PropertyNow

Hi Jo, we definitely operate nationwide and although our staff are based in the eastern states we maintain extended hours to ensure we're open your normal business hours. If you price your property correctly and are responsive to enquiries it will sell as well as any other property on the market in your local area (we like to think that it will sell better!).

The average time on market in WA (across all agents and companies) is up to 100 days for houses currently so it can take a bit longer than you'll have seen in some of our reviews from the Eastern states however the commission saving may give you more room to move on price which in turn could potentially help you sell faster.

We've actually helped sell a number of properties in WA over the years, I did a quick search and grabbed a couple of our Perth sold listings on realestate.com.au for you.

If you've any specific questions I can answer for you please don't hesitate to ask. - Coreyna, PropertyNow

Vic
Vic

Hi Jo, I also quickly logged in to check, all forms are available and you can tell how attentive they are as well as their service standard by prompt reply as above. I would definitely recommend it.

frank
frankasked

what is the cost for this?

Property N.PropertyNow

Hi Frank, our cost is just $694 to sell or $195 to lease your property. These prices include GST and are until sold/leased meaning no ongoing fees or commissions and no time limits.

Gayney
Gayneyasked

How many photos can be loaded onto the Domain website?
Can I make adjustments to my ad myself?

Property N.PropertyNow

Hi Gayney, You can upload as many photos as you wish to your account with us and we will send them to all sites however Domain will only display the first 28 images.
You can make adjustments (including adding images) to your ad yourself at any time within your account at PropertyNow and the changes will reflect on all sites within 45 minutes of you hitting the Save button.

Get an answer from our members and PropertyNow representatives

Other Real Estate Agents