Protect-a-Bed Linen Protector/Drawsheet

Protect-a-Bed Linen Protector/Drawsheet

5.0 from 1 review

See the Best Mattress Toppers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Excellent sheet protector - well worth the money and so easy to use.

Basics - toilet training may require you to change sheets.. Lots of them.. However, with the use of a drawsheet like the Protect-A-Bed one, it made my life just that little bit easier.

Instead of having to pull off an entire wet fitted sheet, I just whipped off the drawsheet and placed a new one on the bed when there were any wee little accidents (yes, you definitely need a minimum of 2 for this to work). It meant that my child was able to quickly fall back to sleep as there was only minimal time required to make the bed dry again.

The drawsheet is a good size to cover a single bed with plenty of coverage for the sides of the mattress too (the excess side sections tuck in under the mattress). As it uses terry towelling, it is also very absorbent so the urine didn't have the chance to escape anywhere (like onto the carpet on the floor), and the waterproof membrane in the middle of the drawsheet meant that that the fitted sheet on the bed stayed dry. Even though my oldest child is now fully toilet trained, I whipped it out of the cupboard the other night to use as a cover for the bed from vomit. Again, it was so much easier to deal with changing a drawsheet for a quick cleanup in the middle of the night!

I also used one on our queen sized bed to protect our mattress from any breastfeeding leakage, and the occasional wet through nappy from bub. It's a little short of covering an entire QB mattress, so I would just centre it as much as possible and keep our bub on the covered section. It allowed me to "freshen" up the big bed linen in between the usual laundering times (which was great when trying to juggle little ones and the usual massive piles of washing).

After 2 years of continuous use of 2 drawsheets, they are still both in excellent condition. I have always taken the time to pre-rinse the urine as quickly as possible after an accident (even if that meant just throwing them in the laundry trough and turning on the cold tap for 10secs to dilute the urine), then have laundered them with towels and/or sheets. I mostly line dry my washing, but I have thrown these through the dryer as well on occasion (just note that it is important to throw in a towel or something else as these should not be put through a dryer by themselves - from memory, I think it's because they can build up static electricity..).

Before I purchased these, I rang the company to discuss the waterproof membrane, as I wanted to stay well clear of PVC. For me, the drawsheets were similar (maybe even the same?) as using a PUL cover for cloth nappies, except the main difference was the terry towelling covers BOTH sides of the waterproof membrane, so you only ever had terry towelling cotton in contact with the people using them.

One last point, I also really liked the fact that this company seems to care about their bedding products (and therefore the people that use them) to have them Oeko-Tex certified. Use of chemicals (and in particular residual product) was definitely something I didn't want my children having on their beds, so I'm extra happy with my purchase of these drawsheets.
Well designed product, easy to use, easy to launder, waterproofing works well.
If you have a child that is a restless sleeper (this happens when my child gets ill), the drawsheet can sometimes become loosened off the bed. On a separate note, it would be nice if the company considered making a larger size drawsheet for use on Queen or King Size Beds.