Pump Haircare

Pump Haircare Questions & Answers (page 5)

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Retno
Retno

Hello i have weak baby fine hair since birth and also prone to falling out. I am 53. I have used the thickening shampoo and growth conditioner. I have noticed that my hair has stopped falling out. However I have just returned from a 2 month trip traveling to London and Europe, the change of weather and water has made my hair dry again. Stupidly I did not re/order the shampoo so during the trip I used another shampoo. I still used the conditioner. Any advice on what products to order? I have the hair growth mask ( which I have only used once)

Jude p
Jude p

Def start using the hair mask at least once a week to help repair your hair.

Sparky
Sparky

Does the growth shampoo & conditioner cause semi permanent colours to fade quicker ?

Rachel
Rachel

I haven’t dyed my hair in a couple years so I can’t answer this honestly, but what is still on my hair it has not faded, it just seems to make the hair more shiny therefore bringing out the color more.

Pump Haircare   DM

Hi! The growth shampoo is very mild and completely colour safe, it does not contain any harsh detergents so it will not strip your hair of colour. Please keep in mind that a semi permanent colour just coats the hair so it will fade out regardless after a certain amount of washes :) Feel free to email me at support@pumphaircare.com if you would like any further advise xx

JeanieAsha

Absolutely WRONG Pump Haircare!! Ever since I started using your product, I will literally stand in a shower with brown water flooding at my feet!

The colour is the same as it's always been

The hairdresser is the same as it's always been

The product they use to dye my hair is the same its always been

The ONLY difference is YOUR PRODUCT

And when I tried to tell you on facebook, you promptly BLOCKED ME!

Disgusting behaviour and a very poor reflection on your company.

Madaline H
Madaline H

OMG wow no wonder they deleted you! You just don't stop! If this is what you were doing to their FB page I would delete you too! I absolutely love the Pump products and they didn't strip my colour out at all, my hairdresser also loves them. Perhaps it's just not for you.

Maria
Maria

Hi it seems they are not very truthful about the ingredients. I wanted to know whether silicone was present in any of their products. I found the answer in the Q&A section and they clearly say no pump product has sulfates, parabens, cocamide DEA and silicones. But I saw the Hair Repair had a couple of silicones. Just wondering if there's an explanation other than it's basically advertised as something it's not?

Pump Haircare   DM

Hi Maria! Thanks for your question :) Our Q&A actually says quote " No Pump products contain sulphates, parabens, Cocamide DEA or silicons that build up on your hair " We never say to people we don't have silicone at all in our product. The silicones in our conditioners and treatments are lightweight, water soluble and leave no built up. Those that build up on your hair are not used in modern day salon grade products

Vickyvarkos

I am a huge fan of the pump thickening range and am really happy with it and am now looking into the hair gummies, just wondering has anyone tried them and what results did you get? I want to buy the 3 month supply to save money if they are good. Any feedback would be amazing!!

izzy
izzy

I have been using the growth shampoo / conditioner and mask and it has done wonders my hair has grown so much and it completely stopped my hair fall altogether. I now want to make it thicker but still want the growth, has anyone tried the thickening range and still had success with growth? Oh and I actually love the cool scalp feeling from the conditioner and if you don't just don't use it on your roots :)

Rebecca B
Rebecca B

They told me that I can use the thickening shampoo and the growth conditioner together. I don‘t know the growth shampoo but I like the thickening one and I don‘t have to wash my hair as often as before using pump.

Sian M.

I noticed that as well, Rebecca. I went to message Pump on Facebook the other day and I scrolled up and saw my original answers to their hair questions. I used to wash my hair 3-5 times a week and now I wash it once on Sunday and once mid-week (Wednesday or Thursday, depending on what I'm doing).

I also just ordered the thickening range to alternate with the growth range so it'll be interesting to see how that goes!

sgrootjans

Hi all I used the pump growth gold oil syrum, thickening shampoo, growth hair condition and mask a max of around 8 times over a 2-3 week period . Since then which has been around 5 weeks ago I have had the most dramatic hair loss of my life . I am thinning , patching and my head is constantly on fire and burning . I have tried to contact pump for answers and they have not reaponded . Can anyone pls help and provide feedback or advice . How do I stop the burning sensation? When will the major hair fall stop? And what can I do? Any tips or past experience is so appreciated -

Leanne
Leanne

You poor thing. Stop using all pump products and poor a glass of cold cow's milk on scalp and leave for a few minutes before washing hair.

Mell
Mell

Hi i use these products less the hair mask every 3rd day ..yes i did feel a little burn sensation, how ever i just massager it more ..the gold oil i only use once a week .more is not always best . I literally had a hair brush full of hair every brush , but not anymore .

Pump Haircare   DM

Hi S, We're so sorry to hear about those challenges :) Considering that we have thousands of satisfied customers using these products, we're not confident that the use of the products is the cause of what you describe while and for 5 weeks after their use. But we accepted your concerns on face value in our emailed response to you previously, suggesting that you see a doctor and asking for photos of what you described in case we can assist. We haven't received those photos but instead a request that we give you money to see a trichologist. We're so sorry that we can't accomodate that request.

sgrootjans

Hi pump thank you , as you can see my post was uploaded and your email response offering. Refund had only followed the day after this was posted . I have confirmed I have been to the doctors who have carried out a full blood test , there are no concerns . Hence the referral to a trichologist. I did not even ask for a refund I am just wanting answers as to how I can stop the major hair fall. I don't see what sending photos to you will achieve when you can even assist me with my questions .

JeanieAsha

The ONLY reason Pump Haircare has 'thousands of happy customers' is that they BLOCK any negative comments and any users that write to them with issues they have had with the product. VERY poor form and extremely dodgy.

sgrootjans

Couldn't agree more . Nearly a year later and I'm still having Major hair loss , contact dermatitis it's completely changed my life :(

Kazza
Kazza

What is the best product to use for very fine curly hair? It has thinned out a lot over the last 12 months.

Vickyvarkos

Hi Kazza :) The thickening shampoo is great for fine curly hair but if you also want growth the thickening shampoo and growth conditioner is great choice as to what was advised for me and its working wonders!!

Michele
Michele

Shampoo was good but the conditioner made my head icy cold to the point of burning. I rinsed it out immediately. I have since read on their site that you may experience tingling. Well this was way more than that. It's been over 20 mins and my head is still icy cold. Is this normal or am I having a reaction?

KatRod

Hi, are you only supposed to use the growth shampoo once a week and roughly how long would a bottle last? Thanks!

amelia
amelia

I wash my hair with it every second or third day. I use it pretty sparingly (medium length hair) and my first bottle lasted about a month and a half I think.

Great, thank you :)

Sian M.

I find that the shampoo lasts about twice as long as the conditioner. I wash twice a week and I ordered 2 bottles of shampoo, 4 bottles of conditioner, 4 growth masks and 3 liquid gold oils in the 20% off Boxing Day sale last year and that will pretty much get me through to this year's Boxing Day sale (I hope there is one!).

One caveat, I can't exactly remember how much shampoo/conditioner I had left when I ordered but at the rate I'm going through them, I'll pretty much need more by Christmas. I may order in the Black Friday sale if they have one just to be safe, from memory that was a 20% discount last year as well (the biggest discount I've seen in the 18 months I've been using the products).

Get an answer from our members and Pump Haircare representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Pump Haircare is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023 and 2022. Learn more