Total Care Spot-On Flea Control for Cats

Total Care Spot-On Flea Control for Cats

See the Best Tick & Flea Control in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

This product should be banned!

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths for $30.00.

Side Effects Short-term illness
Pet TypeCat

Digbysmum

DigbysmumMelbourne

Use this on my 2 cats

I have used this on my 2 adult cats, it works well to keep fleas away. Will not work if you cats are outside or in a filthy inside environment. Never seen a single flea on my babies. Use in conjunction with a adult flea knockdown tablet and what do you know, no fleas. Its not rocket science people, yes the more expensive stuff works better, but this works just as well when you look after your let's properly.

Not good enough! False advertising!

PG Gman

PG GmanMelbourne

Toxic Product Avoid At All Cost

Valstorm

Valstorm

Get something else recommended from your vet, this doesn't work

Followed the directions + extra measures such as vacuuming every day, bathing my cat weekly, after weeks we were still finding new fleas. Went to vet, she recommended another brand and advised us that this one is terrible and a waste of money, avoid.

Doesn't work

It Doesn't work at all. Total waste of money. what a scam. Advantage is more expensive but it actually works.

If you care about your pet, spend a little extra, don't buy this dangerous rubbish.

This product should be banned. Why did I buy it? I don't know, but I did. My cat's skin became oily/wet and because he kept licking it he got sick. It may well have done the job of killing flea larvae, but it also had a massive effect on the cat. My thoughts are that as this is a "treats all" dose, it it is far too much. Do yourself a favour, spend a little extra on a named brand, don't buy this garbage.

Dangerous chemical

Just used this product on my two 9 week old kittens the other day. They both started foaming at the mouth and became weak and lethargic. Luckily they both survived but I can't understand why this product is still available after reading other reviews of similar side effects. Will never use it again.

annie

anniealbury

Sorry! Review is on the wrong page - it's for Purina Total Care Flea Collar for Cats

Poison

Very misleading. A day after I gave this to my cat, she became very weak and ill, shaking and lethargic, though she does have marks from allergies to the flea bites. She seems to have pulled through, but please don't risk giving this to your pets, especially if they have affected skin, and especially since I've seen other reviews saying the Purina spot treatment has made their pets ill the same way.

Anna

AnnaMonkerai

Read the destructions before using

How many bad reviewists actually read the instructions before using total care spot on flea control????
It clearly states on the packaging that it DOES NOT KILL ADULT FLEAS.
It stops the eggs and larvae from developing into adult fleas so you need to combine this product with something to kill the adult fleas as well.
I use Capstar tablets to kill the adult fleas and then use the spot on to stop the eggs hatching and the larvae growing into adults. I also regularly vacuum the carpets to keep them down.
Once again for those in the back, this product DOES NOT KILL ADULT FLEAS.
It kills the eggs.
Read the damned instructions people.

DougCentral Coast

It's okay but for the price you can get better.

Okay here's the truth I get sick of Vet Snobs trashing a product.
Because it from the supermarket it's the same as food snobs trash the food.
Truth is this product which no one verified they actually bought it.
Is okay it did a decent job but for the price your better off getting something with more value too it.
It's great if you can't afford to get the higher priced options or if you can't get the usual.
I've never seen anyone who's cat/dog was killed by it.
My sister uses it all the time as she can't spend Upwards of a hundred dollars on flea treatment.
I've used it twice it was okay not brilliant but ok.

Jay g

Jay gSouthend

Shocking

We have used this product on our dog in past no problems, recently used it again and little did we know.... Expensive product that probably only good for killing your dog. Fleas eggs are still there didn't do anything except for burning her skin in large patches and she spent a whole night throwing up and shaking. if any body reads this review kindly do your dog or cat a favour and spare it the agony, better off before with the fleas!

dave

daveNSW

Do not use this product on Cats It is highly toxic and will kill

We used this product on our cat and within 40 minutes he was weak and dying. We took it to the vet and she said it was a very close call and the cat survived on a drip and antivenene all night. Unless you want your beloved cat to die or have it convulsing in your arms, I warn you this product is highly dangerous and toxic. It should be removed from the shelves of stores. We are very upset about this and this is the 1st time I have ever written a complaint about anything. Its just not who we are as people. All I ask is you look at further comments on here and just save your cats life. Our little girl was so upset now we are so relieved. I only wish I had read this review beforehand and in the future I will for all products I use.

Margaret

MargaretPerth

Waste Of Money

We have lived here for 12 years and NEVER had a flea problem until a month or so ago. I used this product on my dogs. It has done absolutely nothing. Now my poor little girl has a skin condition from the fleas. Why are they allowed to market a product that doesn't work?

Thank you, everyone for your reviews, as I bought more of this product and was looking online to buy it in bulk when I found this page. You have saved me a lot of money and saved my pets a lot of grief, and maybe even their lives.

Purina Total care spot on Flea control

I used this product on both of my dogs, about two weeks ago, they have been scratching all the time, their skin has broken out, one around his neck and not where his collar is, and the other around his backside. I found 1 flee on one of them. Yes it has stopped any more flee's but how come he has one still on him. I bathed them both and they still have the itchy skin. I am going back to revolution. My lesson has been learnt. My poor stressful boys...

Michelle C

Michelle C

Does not work

Simply a waste of money, if you are looking for a cheap way to treat fleas this will end up costing you more in the long run and it simply is not effective. Buy Comfortis to start with.

Waste of money

It hasn't done anything to get rid of the fleas. Although I have used the product as described I am still finding fleas on my cat.

Absolutely Useless !

Have used this for several months and the fleas have never been happier ! Very expensive product and has no effect on fleas ! Have been using a flea comb to monitor activity and have seen constant flea activity even immediately after treatment. Would not recommend this product and have since started trialling other brands....

Jenny

Jenny

Useless!

We have applied it twice to our dog and every day he still has live fleas. We have treated his bedding and coat with flea powder, sprayed surface spray around all the areas where he spends time, but the poor chap is still scratching. Waste of money. For $30 I expected better results.
Nothing
It simply is ineffective in killing fleas