Purplebricks

Purplebricks Questions & Answers

James T.
James T.

Who wants join me and put for class action against purple bricks? Reading the reviews indicates I am not the only one shafted by these scam artists. Add me on Facebook. Siar Tookhi.

Unhappy Customer

Hi James. My name is Alex and I have started some communication with other ex PB customers who wants to take action. Do you know of a law firm that will take this class action on?

Hi there,
Any updates on the class action against PB, I never received my refund. Sign me up! Please send me your contact details, many thanks.

No moe money
No moe money

I would like to know why you have such terrible reviews ? Could it be that there is no reason for the agent to do any work in selling the owners property or getting them a better offer because they have already been paid the upfront fee . Seems like just a no win for the home owner or interested buyers , just win win for the agent . What do you think ?

Unhappy Customer

Yes definitely but you have to take it at face value and give them a chance. It becomes a legal case when they go over the line and not honour their commitment after they have been paid. Thats called fraud and has to be stopped whoever it is.

Jonno
Jonno

I was a Purplebricks agent when they first started out here. It seems the most complaints come from around the time of their exit from Aus and USA. It's sad to see the hoards of complaints. Something obviously went wrong along the way as when I started with them (2017) they were terrific. I listed and sold more homes than I could imagine and soon clocked up in excess of 50 5* trust pilot reviews. I could sense a decline as the directors had spent too much of their investors money by simply buying the listings with TV ads. We were all told to just list them and not to bother with open homes unless we pay someone to attend them. We were all so busy that getting back to clients became almost impossible. The ones that I started with all left around the same time; within a year. PB was spiralling out of control so the plug was pulled. The contracts and trust accounts did not work with the platform and as such became hopeless. They really did mean well at the beginning. Ken and his Brother Michael ended up selling the brand for an absolute fortune. I can't see how you'll get a refund now as the brand is only UK and under new proprietors.

Scully
Scully

What would the incentive be to sell a house if all the fees are paid up front? None you could walk away even if the PB made money on a open house it would be a lot more lucrative option just to sign up potential sellers and do nothing. You have your money list it on domain to pretend your trying to sell it and then walk away

Allan Gibbs
Allan Gibbs

You have answered your own question. The seller is still bound by PB's marketing costs if the property does not sell. PB doesn't show incentive or enthusiasm from their agents. The agent keeps wanting you to accept marketing upgrades and to lower your selling price. In the end only PB benefits from all of this!

Philippa O.

Has Purple Bricks sold any properties in Varsity Lakes, QLD 4227 in 2019?
What was the slowest sale?
What was the price?
thanks

Mark
Mark

My ex PB agent had over 94 homes (what he claimed) listed in and around Varsity lakes,during the 12 months I was listed with him he had sold 4 for the area from Burleigh to Worongary. The agents have been paid before any sales and are not interested in sales or any communication. Check Realestate.com and sales in the areas you wish to look for.

Philippa O.

Thanks for that - helpful.

Pam C.
Pam C.

How much do purple bricks charge for a home open

Purplebricks
Purplebricks   DM

Hi Pam Thanks for your question. Open homes are included in our fixed fee. For more information please contact our customer service team on 1300309768.

Paul M.
Paul M.

Read their terrible reviews

Nicola Jones
Nicola Jones

$200 per open I was told

Michael V

Anyone used purple bricks in Perth

Peter D
Peter D

Hi Michael,

Yes we used Purplebricks in Perth, did you read my review ?

Regards

Peter

No , not yet , thanks

Mardge T
Mardge T

After having to register to view a property, going through a rigmarole about not having our personal information sold on to other parties, we got told the house we made an appointment to see was under contract! A total waste of valuable time. . . . How do these people work and is it ethical practice??? I don't think so.

Joy
Joy

No it’s not ethical when your talking to a stranger in some other country

Hi,

You can submitting a "statement of claim" at your local court don't let them get away.

Also make a formal complaint about your case with fair trading!

For your reference:

"Multiple issues

The same Purplebricks agent said that following his meeting with DMIRS, a DMIRS investigator advised that numerous sections of Purplebricks's Exclusive Selling Appointment of Agent forms that he voluntarily provided for scrutiny had been filled in incorrectly.

"It would seem entirely possible that anyone who has used Purplebricks, whether they sold or not, could actually be entitled to a refund due to incorrectly filled out listing forms, which were all done in the manner Purplebricks instructed all the agents to do them," the Purplebricks agent said.

Purplebricks has sold more than 4200 homes in Australia since launching two years ago. In June, the Financial Review revealed tmany agents had quit because they could not make a living, while some have claimed they were bullied – an accusation strongly denied by Purplebricks.."

Tee
Tee

So I have had my place on the market for just on 4 weeks with no offers. I want $395k for my property and is a completely fair price after RPA data of the surrounding area showed comparable properties in the area. My agent told me to list it as offers over $380k to get people interested.

4 weeks on no offers so now she has said to drop the price by $11k to offers over $369k to "attract offers"??? I am not going to accept anything even remotely to the $370k so is this just wasting everyone's time??

Do you get your money back if you choose to get rid of the agent and start over elsewhere with another agency or just do it yourself!

Mnata

Hi, we have same situations as yours.

We sell our propertu $30k less from fare price.

They constantly push us to drop price, and we realised if we planning to go whith any other HONEST agent we will pay $5k to Purple bricks for Nothing.

So we just sell it and have a good lesson (Never ever used Purplebricks again!

No refund unfortunatly(

Fran

same, keep dropping price, and when time was coming that agreement would be finished and I was going to rent it out not sell, got scammed on lowest price, $150,000 less than other agent had contract for, agent went online and changed to 'accept offer' etc DODGY DODGY DODGY anybody can give real estate away, these are lousy agents in for a quickturnover

Grace Clayton
Grace Clayton

We listed our Hunter Valley holiday property with PB,before Christmas in 2017 so did my daughter and son in law and another good friend (3 properties in total), all in the same HV resort. Only one viewing so far. Representation was poor, 3 dodgy offers received by each of us (not in writing but lodged on PB's website) and well below the marketplace, all from the same fictitious "purchaser". We have all dropped our prices as PB suggested we do this, we are all now the lowest priced properties for sale in this resort...and still can't sell. PB know nothing about selling properties in golf resorts or holiday properties in general, they take your money first and then muck you around. They scam the money upfront for a service that isn't provided. You don't pay them initially but Ratesetter does. We will be taking them to the NSW Fair Trading Department if they insist on payment for services not provided. DO NOT TRUCT PURPLEBRICKS...ITS A FLAWED MODEL. THERE IS NO INCENTIVE FOR THEM TO SELL YOUR PROPERTY.

Fran

same experience here, underselling, lazy, no marketing, currently battling it out in Court, not letting them get away with this; and beware the internet site: when you think you are dealing with a real buyer, for me, it was the Purplebricks agent!!! set up deliberately low offers etc, conditioning the vendor to believe market has dropped. Contact Fair Trading, very supportive

Fran

Look at the number of cases in Fair Trading and Court, NCAT listings, so people are wising up; you're financially better off paying a local agent, who will work harder knowing they get an increased share as a result: logical

Ellen
Ellen

I had same terrible experience with Purple Bricks. I had three bank valuations on my property above 700K and the agent also told me (before I signed on sale agreement with them) it should be sold easily above 700K. However a week after it was on the market, agent changed ad from "above 699K" to "any offer considered" to attract buyers. By the end of the fifth month on the market, the only offer agent brought to me was 370K!!! Now a year has gone, I am end up paid $5270 to Purple bricks, $250 for contract preparation and $150 for other document for "NOT SOLD".

Rosemary

purplebricks charge you even if they dont sell. They give your details to a finance organisation and you will get emails from them telling you you must pay even if the property is not sold. Once you sign giving them the authority to sell you are out of pocket. Its a huge Scammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and get away with it. You have to pay or end up with a bad credit ratting. Then you cant buy another property. Get some legal advice.

Good Luck

Sam
Sam

Is there variation in service between cities? Melbourne seems to have the least negative reviews?

My experience in Sydney has been that the "appraisal" seems almost from a robot.

john g
john g

Great question Sam as im a bit concerned when reviews dont even state which State & Suburb as im thinking of going with purplebrick but im a bit unsure now

SPennant
SPennant

My experience is only in Melbourne. I'm not sure how they operate in other states. Certainly in Melbourne i wouldn't touch them. I had a very good experience with BuyMyPlace.

Bernice
Bernice

Don't use purple bricks. They are unprofessional and seem to employ young and inexperienced agents

Robert L

pb agents get paid about 1k on the sign up of your home, and nothing on the sale. They have no motivation beyond signing you up, have to cover huge areas, are underpaid and overworked. PB has a high agent turnover and often advertise for agents with "no previous experience required"

Fiona P
Fiona P

Some of these reviews are obviously shonky. The photos are all stock, non-human photos with the writer having joined Product Review the very day of their five star review and have never reviewed anything before or since. I'd avoid them if I were you.

Fran

don't do it, large are, no specific knowledge, sale and gone, can be hundreds of thousands less, the online tool is dodgy, they manipulate to what they want (mine went from a declined offer to accept!!!) it's their MO

Fran

In NSW they're rejected as members of the Real Estate Institute, even individually, BEWARE

Treeds
Treeds

They started with a great concept, but have lost their way. High staff turnover, work ridiculously long hrs & responsible for huge territories which are impossible to service. If your agent has few listings, you may be lucky & get a good result. If they have several, they will sell your property asap - or hope you just go away & sign up with someone else. There are many hidden costs.

Mnata

Our experience in Brisbane (Wynnum west ) not good. (Very dissapointed)

Agent will promise good price to sell your house( cos they just want you to sign contract whith them)

After agreed price agent blame market and he doesnt even care to sell it for good price(Because he anyway got his $5k already, but you only need pay Purplebricks 12 months after or when it sold)And remember you still will pay, doesnt matter if you want change agent.

We recieved offer 39k lower and we realise we better accept it, cos we can get even lower offer.Agent just not on our side.

With Purplebricks we didnt save even $1 dollar)))))))))))))

Dont go whith PURPLEBRICKS)

Jonthebass
Jonthebass

PB's business model is quite amazing. Unfortunately most of the problems written here could have been avoided. Sadly for PB there is a huge turnover of agents; probably a higher turnover than the properties themselves and this is their Achilles heal. The territories are mapped out by some noob that hasn't any idea how anyone could cope with an area like that. E.G My territory covered a 200Km round trip and I spent most of my tine in the car. To clear the masses of admin that was required I would start at about 03:30 am and my last appt would be about 20:00 pm. To top that I had to cover for others, pick up the pieces from agents that had left or were given the flick.
If PB spent more time looking after their agents rather than their shareholders then it could work well but sadly fatty bruce charms everyone into his "cult" and has to control them. Needless to say I couldn't be controlled so they "let me go". For me it was a blessing. I had so much fun with PB that I'm glad of the experience. I'm sure they will make adjustments for the better and that will happen as there are too many good people involved in this company for it to fail. Purple Bricks (Two Words) are not going away but their C.E.O's should as there are more competent people that can move this company to the top here in Australia. While KB and MB are at the helm there will be much wastage of resources and money. Oh and BTW people one or two bad experiences does not make a bad company. When you have the volumes of turnover that Purple Bricks (Two Words)have of course you will attract negativity. I only ever got 5* reviews written about me and my old LBP here in southern Vic.
Keep up the good work PB but get rid of KB and MB. Plodders.
xx JP

Smithy

So how do they get the best deal for you. Do they do an open house to get people interested. ???

Douzi
Douzi

Also how do you know they got the best price , my mate sold his house on a smaller block and lesser house for 91 ,000 dollars more with a high profile agency in his area than what purple bricks sold for 3 doors down , I wonder if they reallly get the highest price

Lee
Lee

They offer everything traditional agents do & more, including open inspections. Their online platform allows me as a vendor, to see exactly what is going on 24/7. Including feedback from the buyers and offers which are submitted. The agents are not just sales people, they are fully licenced estate agents.

sam
sam

Purple Bricks charge the seller whether your house is sold or not

Purple Bricks agents get paid whether your house is sold or not

Purple Bricks lock sellers into using their settlement service if their fee is not paid upfront

Purple Bricks level of included advertising will be largely insufficient and ineffective in many Perth Suburbs

Purple Bricks charge extra for agents to attend home opens and can cancel home opens entirely at any stage

Purple Bricks model is unlikely to attract high quality agents

Purple Bricks agents are expected to handle a very large volume of clients

Purple Bricks agents are assigned a large geographical area, bringing in question any claim of “local expertise”

Purple Bricks expects the home owner to undertake the final inspection of their home prior to settlement.

Purple Bricks agents have little direct involvement in the settlement process.

Wes G.

Hey Sam, why do you like typing "Purple Bricks", seems you my be a little obsessed with "Purple Bricks"! We have just sold our home with "Purple Bricks" and saved $10000 and I can tell you that almost nothing of what you have written about "Purple Bricks" is factual or accurate. I feel sorry for anyone who is swayed by your opinion and wastes their money on the traditional crooks out there, Anyway the money is in the bank for me so good luck to you. "Purple Bricks" (sorry had to do it one more time)

Robert L

Hey Wes. Get off the PurpleBricks payroll. It's obvious that since 20th July, Purple bricks have realised that this review portal was showing them to be a terrible service with 12 to 1 terrible reviews, and have since pushed for positive reviews or simply got their employees to write fake ones. All of a sudden, in 4 days PB receives 7 excellent reviews, following the previous 8 months of getting terrible reviews. Purplebricks has a history of fake review publishing on every platform it can manipulate. Look at trustpilot..... all negatives removed, just full of paid for positive reviews. Everything written by Sam above is absolutely accurate. Do a simple web search. Half these facts are on the PB website you moron!. You might have saved 10k in fees, but you've just been conned by their sales pitch..... it's not the fees but the final sales result that counts..... and I'll GUARANTEE you won't get the best sales result using these dodgy conmen. Wise up sunshine. The only agents working for purplebricks are the ones that failed everywhere else in the real estate industry!

Wes G.

HEEEEY Robert L,(who the F are you) guaranteed that you are one of those very terrified "real estate agents" out there that are shitting themselves for their own future, or lack of it !! I kid you not we saved ourselves $10000 in fees and charges by employing PB, what dont you believe and why would you call me the moron, the money is in my bank account and not buying fast cars for tossers like you, I hate it when you guys turn up at my house driving expensive sports cars and say "I can make $100000 for myself out of your home", take a look at your behaviour, you are nothing more than glorified overpaid salesmen and times are changing for you, get with it loser!!! P.S, all those negative reviews are GUARANTEED from sad sack real estate agents like you who are feeling the lighter workload. By the way, you are right, I am on the PB payroll because I pocketed $10000, suck sh*t other people and the only "sunshine" that I can see is coming from my ar*eh*le!!! For an intimate chat please call 08 266 3669, but please remember, I am honest!!!

Peter J
Peter J

Says it all really. 72k less in Sydney and 110k less is Brisbane.

Mnata

They not selling houses for simple people, whith our experience Purple bricks selling houses to investors and make owner agreed for minimum price.

Yes, they do open house every Saturday, but they not even care of people who looking at property, cos they willing to sell it for investors. Or maybe even have deal whith them?

Our house on market about 90 days and then, we drop price by 20k and suddenly offer from investor.

And we notice even if simple byer interesting, they missed out on small price.

We agreed to sell, cos we dont want go with another agent and pay Purplebricks $5k + another agent commision about $12k.

People dont go with PB!

Fran

Interesting that PurpleBricks comment on the praise comments-are they real or put up? Cos they didn't answer my inquiries: always wanting me to lower price, they CHANGED the online tool from 'DECLINE' the offer to 'ACCEPT', told me the online tool is for 'admin purposes' only, CANCELLED open homes that had potential buyers going for second look, currently battling out a sale price not agreed on over $150,000 less than another agent had for me; fortunately I don't have to sell but for any other vendor LOOK OUT BEWARE STAY AWAY, he had a low buying overseas investor on the hook for two months he told me that when my agency was expiring he did this dodgy, it's all about PurpleBricks-pay the extra commission and smile!

Smithy

I have heard this lot are cheap nasty and dodgey would never use them

Get an answer from our members and Purplebricks representatives