2.9

48% · 226235 · 50%

Pas
PasSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Do not use Purple bricks rip off merchants

Lazy and no communication skills, you will get burnt if you use these people. Agents have no skills and then you still have to pay them for a sale that never happened.
Shane
ShaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Diego S.
Diego S.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Linda
LindaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lazy and questionable

Property listed with Purplebricks for almost 12 months. Went through 3 agents in that time, no call from the agents when they changed, we had to chase them. They didn't following our marketing instructions and we would have been better off doing it ourselves. The last viewing was arranged yesterday, the agent didn't turn up. I found out because the prospective buyer sent a message on the app. Poor performance. The last agent promised us everything and delivered nothing. So annoyed because we now have to sign with another agent and still have to pay Purplebricks.
Tabitha W.
Tabitha W.South East Queensland, QLD

Dodgy as

We got an agent around to value the house. They gave it the real hard sell - pushing an iPad under our noses to sign up there and then, wanting us to provide credit card details etc. No real explanation was provided as to what we got for our money, there was no opportunity to seek legal advice re the contract. Very questionable and unethical behaviour. I’d avoid at all costs. I get the feeling they just want people to sign up and that way you are trapped into paying the fee regardless of sale.
Aleks
AleksSydney, NSW
Honestone
HonestoneSouthwest, VIC2 posts

A strategy putting everyone down to elevate yourself is flawed

Poor marketing effort - disgrace that you think its OK to make statements that "commission agents" are old fashioned and that people are getting ripped off - what Purple Bricks does not do is put any value on the agent - the agents skill set and ability to negotiate a higher price - some people believe houses sell themselves, but some of us believe there is a craft in obtaining a ""higher sale price", through a creative strategy, marketing campaign method of sale, current data base. I am yet to see ONE agent leave a reputable company and join Purple Bricks.........A strategy putting everyone down to elevate yourself is flawed.
Brad
Brad

Lazy agents

They sit out the front of open homes in their cars with the air con going cause no one rocks up as their marketing very poor. Or they make the sellers do the call backs and follow ups with buyers as they are too lazy.
Purplebricks   DM

Dear Brad, Thanks for leaving your honest feedback here. We apologize for your experience. Could you kindly contact our office on 1300 309 768 with a bit more information on this so we can investigate it further.
Thank you.

Relle
RelleSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

A waste of time!

We contacted Purple Bricks to get an appraisal on our house. We thought that we were meeting an agent at our property but no...they did this without wanting to actually inspect the property. End of review!
Purplebricks   DM

Dear Relle, Thanks for leaving your honest feedback here. We apologize for your experience. Could you kindly contact our office on 1300 309 768 with a bit more information on this so we can investigate it further.
Thank you.

Kez
KezSouth East Queensland, QLD

RIP off

We used purple bricks, paid over 5,000 and then had to pay more for them to do open homes. After 5 open homes we where told we had to pay more money if we wanted them to do any more opens. We ended up changing agents to a conventional agent, and sold within a short time. The agent from purple bricks has since moved on to a commission based agency. What more can I say
The Buyer
The Buyer5 posts

Waste of buyer's time

Sorry to have to leave this review at all as I do not like negativity, but after spending 2 weeks attempting to see a listed property my time was completely wasted with shocking disregard. The model used by this company should consider buyers as a requirement and beneficial to the selling process, rather than a complete inconvenience. All telephone reps were helpful and courteous but as a serious buyer with a pre approved mortgage and ready with an offer the realtors made little effort to show their listing. I am very supportive of a real estate model that offers a choice to the seller, however it has to value both sides and if the seller has no buyers viewing the properties I imagine everyone loses here.
Milly
MillyPerth, WA

Unmotivated

Unmotivated no stamina. Very low key for a salesperson. No guts. Very negative. The same excuses every week. It's cheaper but a what cost ?? Still waiting for a positive turn around.
Peter Pifacea
Peter Pifacea

The most unprofessional, un-motivated real-estate red-necks

The worst customer service of all time. don't waste your time with these real-estate vendors. They might be cheap but fail to meet the lowest standards. Their staff lack initiative and resort to quick easy sales at low prices at the sellers expense. Save your self the money and go somewhere else. Its better to pay proper commission to a trained real-estate people.
Lisa
LisaPerth, WA2 posts

Purple bricks are the WORST

Never ever list your house with purple bricks! It’s rubbish! We were the buyers of a house who were listed by Purple Bricks in Perth south area and it was a joke from start to finish. Agent was clueless and never returned any information to us. The ONLY reason we continued with the sale is the property is 1 of a kind. Never ever buy a house from a seller listed with them again and will warn EVERYONE off them
Christo
ChristoSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

Property Owner
Property OwnerPerth, WA

Paid for what hey deliver

Once property was sold no contact with agent.
They made the finance broker and the settlement agent do all the variations to have the contract corrected.
Was not completed correctly in the first place.

Ross.
Ross.Adelaide2 posts

Couldnt sell unit

Had 3 different purplebricks agents in the first 4 weeks,

recommended selling unit for less than what i eventually got with a conventional real estate agent.($10,000). Had to pay both but real estate agent set a fixed fee so i was no worse off.

Would never reccomend Purple bricks and would never ever consider using them again.

Vanessa
VanessaSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Unhappy
UnhappySouth East Queensland, QLD

Probably the worst realestate available!

I wish I never used P.B they were very unprofessional, I would even tend to lean towards deceptive with absolutely no idea of the current market in your area plus you have to pay them regardless ,they don't care if they actually manage to sell your property because you will pay anyway,and the agent doesn't care because they will get paid regardless.
They will just try and tell you that the listing price is too high and that you need to reduce your advertised price.
Andy
AndyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Dave
Dave

Friend badly let down by Purple Bricks

Our elderly friend was promised buyers for her property by Purple Bricks. The estate agent she had originally commissioned was totally ineffective. She paid Purple Bricks $8000K upfront months ago and has had only a handful of prospects viewing the property. Over promise and under deliver. She is considering legal action.

Lynne
Lynne2 posts

Fabulous

Purple Bricks were the 3rd Real Estate Agent we employed to sell our house and they were successful, service was great, Agents were really helpful and always available. If ever we sell again they will be the first people we contact.

Sonz
SonzSydney

The worst experience

To anyone who thinks of going with purplebricks. They are not reliable and as soon as there is a problem they take the money and run. They couldn’t sell my house because their agent left the company and didn’t have the resources to replace her, instead of refunding our money they tried to blame us. We even contacted the ceo of purplebricks, he didn’t even bother to reply. At the end they agreed to refund half of our money. They are the biggest scam ever. They lie to you from the beginning.

espesp
espespAU13 posts

Won’t purchase from this bunch of amateurs

Worst experience as a purchaser just trying to book an appointment. DEMANDED my home address to book, no agent phone number online, book appointment and then get an online message I had to log in to read- it’s cancelled. Never a possibility as there is a tenant. Don’t get a call Centre to book your appointments then!

As if I would even consider giving my life savings over to these amateurs to buy the property I really was keen on, especially based on these shocking and no doubt very accurate reviews. Makes me think the vendor is a complete twit for using them in a dead market.

Lilli A
Lilli A

Horrible! Worst!

Absolutely disgusting service!

The real estate agent was the worst, she never communicated, rude and just absolutely horrible!

Then dealing with the manager after manger and they're all rude and just lie to you to get out of things! They don't even care about complaints!

I would NOT recommended this company to anyone! Go elsewhere! Be aware this company is a bunch of scammers!!

Ratz
Ratzbrisbane

The WORST

The service was the worst , the agent was the worst . Ending up getting way less than the appraisal that the agent started with . Agent was always late , no communication. Never use them again

Julie
JuliePerth

Tobiah
Tobiah

Never respond

Trying to organise inspections but the site says there is an error and doesn't proceed. Other instances, contacting the sales representative to get information on a 600k appartement and they never respond. If I want to sell one day, I know they will never respond to potential buyers.

Denise A

Not impressed

Yannik
Yannik

Worst agents

I frequently buy and sell houses and recently had the nightmare of dealing with the Blue Mountains team from Purple Bricks. If you think their low fees are worth giving them a go, think again. They are inexperienced and completely incapable of doing any part of the sale. They genuinely messed up everything. Solicitors all over the country who I have been speaking to, dread getting a conveyancing job from them. Please do not use them. If you cant afford normal agent fees. Sell it yourself.

Don
Don

As a purchaser it has been a nightmare

Doing everything on online is very impersonal. I’m computer literate but found their website hard to navigate. In our particular case the process just to cooling off has been fraught with delays.

Hels
HelsAdelaide

Most unprofessional company I’ve ever dealt with

We recently purchased a property being sold through Purple Bricks. After having our offer accepted the agent suddenly left the company and we had to deal with a very disinterested and uncommunicative agent. Their recommended conveyancing company is unprofessional and don’t appear to know what they’re doing. When we took possession of the house it was in an appalling state with rubbish left behind and a general cesspool of dirt. Agent was completely disinterested with a “it’s not my problem” attitude. Stay away from this company.

Big Bird
Big Bird

Wow and you thought the normal way of buying a house through an agent was bad

I was trying to purchase a property which was listed for 6 months with two "normal" agents which was overvalued by the owners. The vendors decide to use purple bricks. Wow was that a bad experience. I attempt an offer with the agent but I am told to register and make a bid on the portal...My offer >$1M is typed in and auto responses spam up my email. The agent calls and says here comes a counter offer automatically so I hold and up the deposit but it sells to another bidder i guess no further verbal negotiation... wow that's bad. Stay aware in this case both vendor and seller missed out. Stay away from them.

Peter D
Peter DPerth, WA3 posts

S.Ladley
S.LadleyBrisbane

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

We are now seven months into our contract with Purple Bricks and have been passed around to as many agents, all of whom have disappeared after a week or two. Each agent was impossible to contact and no explanation was given as to where they went. I have been trying to deal with the regional sales director (Nsw) and he is both unprofessional and vague in his response. We are trying to get out of the contract as they are complete scammers. My property is not online and no one knows it’s for sale. Such a waste.

Don’t get conned - go for a reputable agency.

I have reported them to Fair Trade and am seeking legal advice to extract myself from the contract.

CarmenCG
CarmenCGSydney5 posts

Bob N
Bob NKincumber
Ellie
Ellie

Worst mistake of my whole - life nearly sent mental institution

BEWARE not as cracked up to be. Basically they're scammers, take your money & tell you your place is too expensive. They'll charge you for open home on top of initial payment then they'll keep asking for more money for more advertising because they can't sell it. They take advantage of mature single women. The money is stored with a loan shark, who will them charge you high interest IF you don't pay by the due date. Terrible photos, which was in the base $5000, one chosen for the For Sale sign was the worst photo chosen & I didn't even get a say in it. Save yourself the heartache & sign with a normal agent.