Qantas Assure Health Insurance

Qantas Assure Health Insurance (page 2 of 3)

Health Insurance Guide for 2020

The decision to take up private health insurance can be a very involved process, and the factors that go into your decision will be unique to you. Your first dip into the policy selection process can be pretty overwhelming, so this guide will help lay everything out for you as plainly as possible to get you on your way.

Read now

2.3

Chickie

ChickieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't!

Viktor

ViktorSydney, NSW

Good value and professional customer service

I did not claim anything while being with Qantas, but contacted customer support on a number of general questions and was getting expected level of professionalism.
After a while I transferred to another insurer because of attractive promotion. Qantas refunded prepaid fees without any troubles.
Had some issues with logging to online account and activating wellbeing app.

JWL

JWL

Review options carefully and probably dont switch

Chris

Chris

Bonus points are a fiction.

I made the switch to Qantas Assure in March, largely influenced by possible bonus points. Today I phoned up about my expected 25,000 bonus points, only to discover that because I transferred from NIB no bonus points at all. This was not made clear to me in conversations with the Qantas Assure sales staff in March (since it was a primary interest I would have remembered any such advice), nor was it quickly evident from the web site at that time. (I see that it is in the fine print on the web site for the current bonus point offer, but do not know whether it was somewhere on the web site of the March offer.) Very disappointed since I felt I had been misled.

Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Ged

GedSouthwest, VIC

Customer Service Says One Thing - Delivers Another

We agreed a two month period of grace, which actually turned out to be a suspension of policy (which was not made clear, but that's another issue) starting repayments on 15th June. QANTAS took 1.7 months payment on 3rd June which we were not expecting and trying to get a refund of the amount taken several hours on the phone and has seen promises of agreed refunds not being the amount agreed nor in the timeframe promised. I have little faith that they understand their finance systems.

Customer service personnel are polite but seem ineffectual or inefficient.

Maybe you do get what you pay for?

Sal

SalPerth, WA

Dont bother - not worth points

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo

Qantas is a nightmare

i tried to ring qantas i was on hold for hours , anyone wanting to find anything out is a nightmare , nib would not help me even though they are the underwriters, so i changed to nib direct , even though qantas gives you points its not worth the nightmare ,don't do it

SBA

SBASydney

Poor customer service - only worth changing for the frequent flyer points

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

We changed over to Qantas Assure Health Insurance and are very happy with the service

We changed to Qantas Assure health insurance it was easy to do & good value for money, would definitely recommend to our friends and family plus the points as a bonus

Coverage TypeCouple

Brett D.

Brett D.South East Queensland, QLD

Overpriced

I was attracted by the potential points you could earn by switching but when I compared the costs for the same cover that I currently have, the prices were exorbitant. No thanks Qantas.

Glenys

Glenys

Much higher premiums for the same cover

Qantas health insurance quote for SilverPlus Hospital cover, $500 Excess and Lifestyle Extras including my Lifestyle Loading and Govt rebate was $50 per month MORE than a written quote from NIB for the same cover! That's over $600 a year , every year. That's a lot for the points. And its even worse than this because the operator informed me that Qantas Assure is backed by NIB.

Denis

DenisSydney, NSW

Be aware - NO QANTAS POINTS UNTIL YOU CALL THEM!

Please be aware of the fact that you won't receive any Qantas points for you joining this health fund until you call them and ask for points transfer. Its very disappointing as you should receive points 3 months after you have joined the fund and as they say it all should happen automatically. I waited for 4 months, while nothing happened and my wife waited for 5 months and still no transfer!

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Schnitz the Nell

Schnitz the NellDandenong

Earning Points makes health care insurance fun.

Very happy with Qantas Assure and using the well being app gives you extra Qantas Points. Signup was simple and easy - the lady on the phone was very helpful.

Insurance claim madeYes

Impossible to do a claim and nothing is actually covered

I’ve had top cover with them and it’s just a scam! Impossible to put a claim through you turn in circle for ages. All that so later on they send you a letter saying “actually we do. It cover this particular thing”

Honest, Helpful & Streamlined

I've been extremely happy with Qantas Assure. Signing up was a breeze, and the lady on the phone told me a little tip of how to get an extra 50,000 points (which came through seamlessly). Every single time I've called, I've had an extremely helpful Australian phone operator, with little to no wait time.

I made two separate claims. One of them got rejected, but that was only because I attached the wrong receipt, and they explained to me exactly what they needed to process it. Both was processed and back into my bank within 2 business days.

I adjusted my premium over the phone, and got instant confirmation and change to my policy.

If they keep this up, I will never see a reason to change to a different health fund.

And

And

Don’t know what ppl are complaining about

Yes I’m happy with the policy to date.
Very easy to set up
Customer service is fine. No problems waiting to long on the phone
Claiming on line simply
Claim payment quite

Insurance claim madeYes

The Consultant Katie Sanders was amazing & went out of her way! Very caring, helpful & thorough.

Katie Sanders should be the CEO, great attention to detail & listened. As i employ 25 staff, ones like Katie are real keepers. Thanks again

Insurance claim madeNo
James

JamesSydney, NSW

I can Qantas Assure you that this is turbulent health insurance company.

emdeme

emdemeNewcastle

Very pleased we switched

Terrible customer service

I didn’t even take out the policy because I couldn’t (they had incorrect details on the system that they “couldn’t fix”) and when they said they’d call me back they didn’t. I followed them up 4 times before someone called me back and then the representative thought he would speak to me in a condescending manner. I can’t imagine dealing with them should I need to make a claim relating to a health issue.

Insurance claim madeNo